phub11

My experience changing interview date

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

Just to let people know that it is possible to change your visa interview date - and how I went about it.

I called the Embassy hot line and asked for an e-mail code. You put this in the "Subject" section of the e-mail (this code changes every week - so you'll need to call).

I sent an e-mail (with the current code) to londonconsular@state.gov explaining my situation, and why I would be grateful if they could bring the interview date forward.

Got an e-mail back in about 4 days, with the interview being moved from June 11th to May 21st. Sweet!

If you have a valid reason for a date change, the London embassy seems very helpful.

Thanks to people who suggested I try to change the interview date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi all,

Just to let people know that it is possible to change your visa interview date - and how I went about it.

I called the Embassy hot line and asked for an e-mail code. You put this in the "Subject" section of the e-mail (this code changes every week - so you'll need to call).

I sent an e-mail (with the current code) to londonconsular@state.gov explaining my situation, and why I would be grateful if they could bring the interview date forward.

Got an e-mail back in about 4 days, with the interview being moved from June 11th to May 21st. Sweet!

If you have a valid reason for a date change, the London embassy seems very helpful.

Thanks to people who suggested I try to change the interview date.

Thats great, thanks for posting.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Great news!!! Good luck on yoru interview!!!

We too had to request a different interview date. We had to reschedule it for later in Frankfurt, because Stephen was going to be out of the country at the time. We emailed the Frankfurt embassy, they replied in less than 24 hours with a later interview date.

We figured all they could do was say no, can't reschedule -- so doesn't hurt to ask. Although I have to wonder if all of the embassies are as helpful in regards to changing dates!!!

K1

01/31/2008: Sent I-129F to VSC

02/05/2008: NOA1

03/19/2008: NOA2 (48 days)

05/13/2008: Interview (103 days) APPROVED!!!!

05/23/2008: Visa In Hand

05/25/2008: Stephen's Flight to USA Coming home with me!!!!

06/20/2008: Civil Wedding

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

07/07/2008: Filed AOS, EAD & AP

07/14/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

08/15/2008: Biometrics

09/05/2008: EAD & AP (60 days) APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2008: AP arrived in the mail

09/13/2008: EAD arrived in the mail

09/20/2008: Family Wedding Ahhh, finally the stress is over!

09/22/2008: AOS Interview Appointment Letter

11/04/2008: AOS Interview (10AM) APPROVED!!!!

11/14/2008: GreenCard Received

03/28/2009: Connor (our son) arrived into the world at 10:00PM

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

09/27/2010: I-751 packet mailed to VSC

09/29/2010: NOA1 received

12/03/2010: Biometrics

01/24/2011: Approval E-mail Received 01/26, 9:30AM (120 days) APPROVED!!!!

01/28/2011: GreedCard Received

"And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." ~Kahlil Gibran

Timeline

Hi Phubb

do you think that the fact that we have planned our wedding for 08/08/08 would be a good reason enough for embassy to put interview forward if I need to ????

(F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Timeline
Hi Phubb

do you think that the fact that we have planned our wedding for 08/08/08 would be a good reason enough for embassy to put interview forward if I need to ????

(F)

Hi,

Just like Amanda and Chris said... the worst they can do is say "no". They do say not to make wedding plans just in-case there is a delay; however, if you call and check if they have approved your Packet 3 submission, and you are pending an interview date, they might be understanding. My explanation was family related and beyond my control, so maybe that helped me get the date changed.

I see that you aren't at that stage... and it's taking a while. Sorry. Instead, you might want to contact the applicant's Senator and see if they can help you.

Good luck!

Edited by phub11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.