amy n

American wants to marry a Russian Fiancee

25 posts in this topic

OK, in true Russia Forum style, it's time to take this thread off topic.....

Did you and your buddy "search the earth" together to find foreign wives, or was it just one of those things where you just happened to have a wife from the PI and he just happened to find his "true love" while she was here in the U.S. and since you had a foreign wife already he started asking you about his options?

(Not trying to get too personal here, just raising some points.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

OK, in true Russia Forum style, it's time to take this thread off topic.....

Did you and your buddy "search the earth" together to find foreign wives, or was it just one of those things where you just happened to have a wife from the PI and he just happened to find his "true love" while she was here in the U.S. and since you had a foreign wife already he started asking you about his options?

(Not trying to get too personal here, just raising some points.)

First question: "SEARCH THE EARTH"? OUTCH.. :bonk: ..but, my answer is NOPE. :no:

Second question: I just happen to have an AMERICAN HUSBAND who happen to have a friend, who happen to find his "TRUE LOVE" as you quoted...hmmm...while she is working in the same company that they work for. :P

Third question: Since I am the foreigner here, he happen to ask me that question. :yes:

And since, I always refer my inquiry in this site, I might as well, ask that topic here, knowing other VJ Family are kind enough to share what they knew based from experience.

Anyways, the bottom line of why I post my query is that to know what option the VJ Family can suggest. As you can read the thread, I should not be posting it in Russian Forum coz Ukranian has its own Immigration Law. :ot: but, i hope i answered your points. :innocent:

MY JOURNEY

* March 26,2008- Leave Philippines

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

* March 28,2008 - Arrived Orlando, Florida

* April 02,2008- Apply SSN

* April 18,2008- BRIDAL SHOWER

* April 20,2008- Rcvd my SSN

* April 26,2008- MARRIAGE

* April 28,2008- Rcvd my Marriage Certificate Documents

* April 28,2008- Change my name to my married name SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE

* May 01,2008- Got 2 Bank Accounts

* May 05, 2008- Rcvd my SSN with my married name on it

* May 22,2008- Got 2 Credit Card Accounts approval

* May 23-28,2008- Visit Alabama,Mississippi and Louisiana

7061.gif

* May 31,2008 - Mailed my EAD- I-765

* June 04,2008 - Notice Date Rcvd

* June 09,2008 - NOA arrived (PROBLEM:My first name spelled incorrectly)

* Aug. 02, 2008- Rcvd a USCIS letter that they corrected the typo error

Fast Forward...

FEB 12,2011 - SUBMITTED I-751 APPLICATION TO VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

FEB 22,2011 - RECEIVED NOTICE OF ACTION ON I-751 APPLICATION

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Anyways, the bottom line of why I post my query is that to know what option the VJ Family can suggest. As you can read the thread, I should not be posting it in Russian Forum coz Ukranian has its own Immigration Law. :ot: but, i hope i answered your points. :innocent: [/color]

Based on the current facts presented.... we are really speaking of US IMMIGRATION LAW not immigration law of PI, Russia or Ukraine as that does not appear to be the intention here.

YMMV

we are really speaking of US IMMIGRATION LAW not immigration law of PI, Russia or Ukraine as that does not appear to be the intention here.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

MY JOURNEY

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

7061.gif

Fast Forward...

Now this is something truely unique in the Russia Forum.

We have somewhat of a tradition of answering the question quickly (and accurately, I might add) and then stirring the pot a little to get everyone riled up and ready to discuss the finer points of why the American civil war changed history for the better, or some other off the wall topic. Ukraine is pretty much accepted here in the Russia Forum as they're similar in cultural issues and geography. So we see (and welcome) a lot of folks from there.

What we don't see a lot of is foreigners (especially women!) who drop into the Russia Forum, ask an intelligent question, stick around for the replies, thank everyone, and then form an educated response to an off the wall post that could be construed as somewhat taunting. Bravo. I must say seeing your reply was a breath of fresh air. Do come back. And please, feel free to browse through some of our old topics (I recommend the Satellite/Mrs. Satellite 24+pages of mayhem for starters.) and post your replies.

Take care, and do come back!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Now this is something truely unique in the Russia Forum.

We have somewhat of a tradition of answering the question quickly (and accurately, I might add) and then stirring the pot a little to get everyone riled up and ready to discuss the finer points of why the American civil war changed history for the better, or some other off the wall topic. Ukraine is pretty much accepted here in the Russia Forum as they're similar in cultural issues and geography. So we see (and welcome) a lot of folks from there.

What we don't see a lot of is foreigners (especially women!) who drop into the Russia Forum, ask an intelligent question, stick around for the replies, thank everyone, and then form an educated response to an off the wall post that could be construed as somewhat taunting. Bravo. I must say seeing your reply was a breath of fresh air. Do come back. And please, feel free to browse through some of our old topics (I recommend the Satellite/Mrs. Satellite 24+pages of mayhem for starters.) and post your replies.

Take care, and do come back!

:lol: those were the good ol days. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Great "debate" is hard to find these days.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Can she come back to the US with the same visa considering that she overstayed her visa for 2 months?
Oh come on! How dumb does one have to be to ask this question? If one has overstayed a visa, no, one cannot use that same visa to re-enter the country. Duh.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Can she come back to the US with the same visa considering that she overstayed her visa for 2 months?
Oh come on! How dumb does one have to be to ask this question? If one has overstayed a visa, no, one cannot use that same visa to re-enter the country. Duh.

OUTCH AGAIN.... :bonk::bonk::bonk: .... :luv::luv::luv:

What is important for me at this time :innocent: , is that, other VJ members are eager enough to suggest about this matter like Satellite did... :whistle: and others suggested what is legal and not....and I thank them for being such wonderful people. At least I got intelligent answers from people who made consideration of my inquiry . I spread PEACE... :innocent: DUHHHH.

The key question here is how long was the H1-B overstay? If it was under 180 days you can apply for another H1-B (specialty occupation), B1/B2 (tourist / business), K1 (fiancee), and CR-1 (marriage). However, if it was over 180 days and under 360 days you have a 3 year ban on re-entry and a 10 year ban if over 360 days. That being said if you are facing a ban you are limited to a K1 or CR-1, at the cost of a successfully approved I-601 hardship waiver. Also the overstay is measured based on your I-94 and not the visa itself. See:

http://www.immspec.com/h-1b-visa-renewal.htm

For some renewal rules on an H1-B

MY JOURNEY

7061.gif

Fast Forward...

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

If she is going to get married her fiancee should apply for K-1. If she overstayed less than 180 days it shouldn`t be a problem.

02/14/2008 Valentine`s Day Wedding!

AOS

04/09/2008 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

05/03/2008 call to USCIS because NOA1 not received ;( Got the receipt number and was told that we cannot get replacement NOA1.

08/21/2008 request for NOA1 for I-130 to file AOS placed over the phone and forwarded to VSC. Thanks to the first great Rep at USCIS hotline

10/17/2008 Hubby`s B-day, NOA1 for I-130 finally arrives!

10/21/2008 AOS sent to Chicago lockbox

10/31/2008 NOAs for AOS received

11/06/2008 I-130 is transferred to CSC

11/20/2008 biometrics done

12/02/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!

01/02/2009 EAD received

02/12/2009 Interview APPROVED!!!

02/17/2009 welcome letter received

02/23/2009 GC received!!! yay!!!

RC

11/18/2010 I-751 Sent to VSC

11/22/2010 NOA1

01/07/2011 Early Bio

01/27/2011 Scheduled Bio

05/11/2011 RC approved

05/17/2011 GC received

Naturalization

11/14/2011 Sent package via Priority to Nebraska SC

11/25/2011 NOA made it

Relocated to NE

04/03/2012 Interview passed!!!

04/10/2012 Oath

04/10/2012 New prints required/done

04/14/2012 Received a welcome packet but still no certificate

04/17/2012 Certificate is here!!!!! Dated 04/16/2012 huh????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.