rajee

I-130 approved, I-129F still pending

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I am in the same situation, my I-130 approved nothing on my I-129. I called USCIS and the lady I spoke with agreed and said they are approved at the same time, if that didn't happen, it WON'T happen. So we are going to go ahead with the CR1 route. I thought maybe we should wait too for the I129 but I don't want to spend a month or more waiting to find out it isn't going to happen.

White slip (not a bona fide relationship)K1

Return to Washington 12-24-07

Married 2/23/2008 In Hong Kong

Filed K3 4/28/2009 (my husband had some issues with his Chinese visa)

CSC received May 1, 09

NOA1 May 6, 2009 (received in mail on 5-8)

Sent I29 May 9th, Received May 11th

NOA1 for I129 May 18th, 09

Received in mail on May 26th

I-130 Touch 8/14/2009, approved 9/1/09, 1129 touched 9-1,2,3, approved the 1st.

NOA2 for I-129 not received

Hong Kong Embassy received it on Sept 14th, 09

Packet 3 mailed out on Sept 22,09

I130 at NVC now

Received email Sep 23 about electronic processing for CR1

Packet 3 mailed on Sep 22, received on October 5th

Mailed packet 3 back 10-9 to Hong Kong, awaiting packet 4

Packet 4 mailed 10-15, Interview set for Nov 10th

In AP a little over a month

Got approval notice Dec 17th

Dropped passport off on 12-21

Received visa 12/24.

Flew to St Louis 12/29, now home.

Frustration is a word that will be used frequently. I don't have a clue as to what' going on. Why didn't both get approved a I have no idea. I'm clinging onto the hope that both have been approved but the K3 status just hasn't changed. I say this cause throughout the whole process, the I130 status didn't change once, then it went from Received and Pending to Approved.

I really don't think they realise the difficulty, anxiety and stress experienced by a couple, when the couple are apart. This is simply not fair!

Best of Luck. Best wishes. Thank you.

I am in the same situation, my I-130 approved nothing on my I-129. I called USCIS and the lady I spoke with agreed and said they are approved at the same time, if that didn't happen, it WON'T happen. So we are going to go ahead with the CR1 route. I thought maybe we should wait too for the I129 but I don't want to spend a month or more waiting to find out it isn't going to happen.

Your story is inconsistent to mine. I too am in the same situation of having the I-130 approved, but the 129F still pending. I was told that eventually it would be approved, but the I-130 since it went through first takes precedence. I'm not really sure what to do in this case, but I'm on the hunt for some accurate answers. Does anyone out there know?

K-3

12/19/2006 - Married

5/26/2009 - I-130 Sent

5/28/2009 - I-130 Received

6/2/2009 - I-130 NOA1

6/9/2009 - I-129F Sent

6/10/2009 - I-129F Received

6/11/2009 - I-129F NOA1

6/14/2009 - Updated

9/21/2009 - 5:45PM PST Updated (I-130 NOA2 Sent/Approval)

9/29/2009 - Received by NVC

9/30/2009 - 7:45AM PST Received email from USCIS - DOCUMENT OTHER THAN CARD OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT MAILED TO APPLICANT - I-129F was approved and NOA2 hardcopy mailed, but failed to arrive due to improper mail forwarding and returned to USCIS.

10/1/2009 - Sent to embassy in Santo Domingo, DR

10/2/2009 - Notification letter sent from NVC stating case forwarded within one week to embassy in Santo Domingo.

10/5/2009 - I-129F NOA2 hardcopy received in mail

10/24/2009 - SO received packet from embassy

11/20/2009 - Received CITA (interview) date!

12/3/2009 - SO picked up packet with appointment letter

12/14/2009 - CITA (Interview) APPROVAL!!

12/30/2009 - VISAS completed by U.S. Embassy

DomEx Timeline

12/14/2009 - Paid DomEx

1/11/2009 - Visa ready for pick-up at DomEx - Santo Domingo, DR

Port of Entry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If the I129F is not approved at the same time or at least in the realm of a day or two around the I130, it will not be approved. By law.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Congrats! :dancing: :dancing:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Your story is inconsistent to mine. I too am in the same situation of having the I-130 approved, but the 129F still pending. I was told that eventually it would be approved, but the I-130 since it went through first takes precedence. I'm not really sure what to do in this case, but I'm on the hunt for some accurate answers. Does anyone out there know?

Definitive answers have already been given by people who "know" the definitive answer. Your answer is no different. The I-129 cannot be approved after the I-130, only before or concurrently. Concurrently is the norm.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.