bbpatel

Visa same day?

22 posts in this topic

No you definetly don't get the visa same day. They will send it to you visa the sms courrier.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Quick question...the visa...considering all goes well and its approved, do they give it that very day? Some ppl say yeh, some wait a couple of days...can anyone shed some light?

I've heard it can be the same day, though not likely. My husband received his within a week or so.

I've heard it can be the same day, though not likely. My husband received his within a week or so.

As Nicky points out, this is definitely not the case in London. You're told that it should arrive within 5 working days (provided that you pass the interview and don't have any documents outstanding); usually it is a bit sooner than that but not same day.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

haven't heard of anyone getting it the same day; haven't heard of anyone having to wait the full five days they allow themselves... it seems to average at about two or maybe three days :)

(talking about London, of course :) )

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
haven't heard of anyone getting it the same day; haven't heard of anyone having to wait the full five days they allow themselves... it seems to average at about two or maybe three days :)

(talking about London, of course :) )

There have been people posting on here, only a very few, but they have waited more than the five days for London to send the visa out. That has happened when the visa has been granted and for no apparent reason just got delayed in sending.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

well, that's why I said 'haven't heard of anyone' and not 'no one has had to' ;)

do you know who they were, out of interest? I don't recall anyone posting in this sub-forum about such a thing... may well have missed something though; I only check a few threads ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't Mags's take forever for some unknown reason?

(hee hee -- accidentally hit the caps there for a moment and I felt like I was in a thread where people were asking about "CAN I VISIT MY FIANCE WHEN MY K1 IS IN PROCESS? :unsure::crying::unsure::angry::dance::wow: ZOMG!")

Timeline
Didn't Mags's take forever for some unknown reason?

(hee hee -- accidentally hit the caps there for a moment and I felt like I was in a thread where people were asking about "CAN I VISIT MY FIANCE WHEN MY K1 IS IN PROCESS? :unsure::crying::unsure::angry::dance::wow: ZOMG!")

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Timeline
well, that's why I said 'haven't heard of anyone' and not 'no one has had to' ;)

do you know who they were, out of interest? I don't recall anyone posting in this sub-forum about such a thing... may well have missed something though; I only check a few threads ;)

Well there have been so few and spread over the time I've been on the board that I don't recall names.

However what popped into my mind when I read your post was someone who waited nearly three weeks for it to arrive. When they contacted the Embassy there was no reason it just hadn't been dealt with. There have been a few others who have waited up to 2 weeks. It just seems at odd times the things don't get sent out at quickly as normal.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

London did issue visas same day years ago. Reading the newsgroup archives, people used to get the visa same day. In fact in some cases, several applicants flew out next day!

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

London did issue visas same day years ago. Reading the newsgroup archives, people used to get the visa same day. In fact in some cases, several applicants flew out next day!

Those were the days...

(*now I can't get the All in the Family theme song out of my head*)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a question, If you fly down to London for your interview and you have to leave your Passport with the embasy, then how do you fly back home? I belive you need photo ID to board your flight and if you dont have a photo Drivers Licence what do you use?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.