Army_Wife

Are you stuck in 'pending security checks' ???

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Following much research and analysis ..... I have an interesting theory and am wishing to confirm my thoughts .....

So, I'm conducting a little final research here, and wish to know if anyone is or has been stuck pending a security check (specifically) while at CSC or VSC.

This includes the basic name check which flags your name showing similarity to criminals etc.

If you have been held up on a name check/security check however after VSC or CSC, please state at which part of the process it was i.e. NVC or Consulate

Finally, if you are held up now or have been held up on these checks after being approved by CSC or VSC, did you receive touches at any point while you were awaiting approval while at CSC or VSC?

Please don't answer if you are unaware, or if you simply assume as your case has taken so long you think it's been forgotten at VSC or CSC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

welll lol i was told many times we were in security this or that but we only received maybe two or there touches that were not a result of me calling and we are still in csc ............

welll lol i was told many times we were in security this or that but we only received maybe two or there touches that were not a result of me calling and we are still in csc ............

opps sorry i didnt see it was not for k1 visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

we were in secruity checks for about 3 months while at CSC and we are now at NVC... Inshallah that the rest of our Journey is smooth....

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

The reason I ask if you were notified is that Nita&Assad were approved within their NOA1 time, infact, according to the approval dates of their peers at CSC, there was no hold up at all and they were infact approved ahead of most people in their NOA1 time allocation.

Attached is Delicia's timeline spreadsheet as proof.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pUr...KbwRg&gid=3

This case does not therefore show any type of hold up for a security check of any kind at CSC.

CSC has not approved many K1's for a while now .... do you have proof you are in security checks ??? ... or is it possible they're just giving you a lame excuse for not processing many K1's at CSC currently?

Timeline

Nita&Assad's NOA1 was 11/20/2006!

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Timeline

CSC has not approved many K1's for a while now .... do you have proof you are in security checks ??? ... or is it possible they're just giving you a lame excuse for not processing many K1's at CSC currently?

i think at some point we were but after that it was excuses because they just really dont have the answer

so they give me what ever they feel will get rid of me for a while but thats just my personal opinion

Nita&Assad's NOA1 was 11/20/2006!

Yes it was, but you're forgetting the USC upgrade which nullifes (please read other posts concerning this point) your initial NOA1 date.

The upgrade was 07.24.07

This takes your petition processing from many years as a permanant resident to the processing times for a USC following this date.

I haven't found one case where a permanent resident upgrade takes into consideration the previous wait time, the file infact appears to be pulled and put into the new pile with the USC's.

Even if you look at those who were around those dates, Nita&Assad's approval was not out of the ordinary as far as date is concerned.

Therefore no proof of hold up for security checks at CSC so far.

Timeline

Actually no, we were outside of the normal processing time frame! Once you upgrade your LPR petition it should only take an additional 3 or 4, (5 months at the) the most and it took us additional 8 months to get an approval. When you upgrade from LPR they have already done work on your petition and USCIS is just waiting for you to become a US citizen; that is why perhaps you feel that we were approved ahead of most people. But in fact we weren't. Also what delay me was the fact that I submitted a I-129F and it was closed.

I wasn't notified, I wrote letters to everyone and had my congressman do inquiries for us, even the VP Cheney did and inquiry for us since our peition was way over the process time and that's how we found out that we were indeed in secruity checks.

Nita

The reason I ask if you were notified is that Nita&Assad were approved within their NOA1 time, infact, according to the approval dates of their peers at CSC, there was no hold up at all and they were infact approved ahead of most people in their NOA1 time allocation.

Attached is Delicia's timeline spreadsheet as proof.

This case does not therefore show any type of hold up for a security check of any kind at CSC.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have been held up for 4 months now in security check at the consulate level. My fiance interviewed in Casablanca on Jan 30th and was put in security check on Feb 4th and we have been waiting since then.

-elizabeth

atlanta, ga

Timeline:

Sept 2005 met online

Mar-April 2006 1st visit to Morocco

Feb-Mar 2007 2nd trip to Morocco

Mar 9, 2007 Official Engagement Ceremony

June 29, 2007 Filed K1

July 10, 2007 Received NOA1

November 13, 2007 NOA2 sent "Approved"

December 5, 2007 NVC sent our case to Casa

December 10, 2007 Casa received our case

December 23, 2007 3rd trip to Morocco

December 24, 2007 Packet received from Casa

January 30, 2008 Interview (interview went well, placed in AP for security check clearance)

February 4, 2008 K1 placed in security check per Dept of State

September 3, 2008 Call received from Casablanca to bring passport on Sept 4th

September 8, 2008 VISA IN HAND!!! WHOOHOOOO

September 13, 2008 Tarik arrives in the US

September 15, 2008 Applied for marriage license

Sept 18, 2008 Applied for social security card

Sept 19, 2008 Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 2008 received social security card

Nov 15, 2008 Filed AOS paperwork

Nov 26, 2008 received NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131

Dec 2008 recieved RFE, forgot to include my w2's and foreign birth certificate

Jan 12, 2009 paperwork transferred to California Service Center for processing

February 25, 2009 received Biometrics appt letter

March 12, 2009 Biometrics appt at 9am

March 14, 2009 received Advance Parole approval letter

March 25, 2009 EAD card ordered

March 28, 2009 EAD card received!!! yeah!!

April 23, 2009 AOS NOA approval received

April 25, 2009 Green Card received!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!

This is interesting as there are supposed to be security checks at USCIS level .... which you would think would throw up most things before continuing onto NVC and Consulate

.... these Consulate hold ups are what make me question just how much work is done on security checks at the levels previously, especially when your file is at USCIS.

I truly believe that not all of us are security checked at the time our file is at the USCIS service center .... they wouldn't physically have the time and maybe leave a lot of it to a later point in the process.

Sarah is just being logical about the process and comparing it to all other government set ups, where security checks are very random.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't even know how to find out if I am in the security checks or not. How do you find out?

I-130 Timeline:

12-11-2007- Married my Love

02-08-2008- CSC receives I-130

02-11-2008- Received Hardcopy NOA1

08-14-2008- Approved!!! 216 days...

08-21-2008- NOA2 Hardcopy received

08-27-2008- NVC Receives file, NVC Case Number issued

09-05-2008- AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

09-06-2008- E-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

09-11-2008- Received Hardcopy of DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

09-15-2008- Mailed Hardcopy of DS-3032

09-16-2008- Paid $70 AOS fee online

09-17-2008- Received E-mail confirming the DS-3032 Agent

09-17-2008- Printed Coversheet for AOS paperwork

09-17-2008- IV Bill Invoiced

12-16-2008- Sent I-864 EZ to NVC

NOW: Debating on current situation...

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can only speak to security checks at the embassy level.

My husband's case was sent to the DOS after his interview, for a Security Advisory Opinion because he is a PhD chemist. From reading the I-601/221g waivers forum, it is my understanding that security checks are initiated at the embassy level for many different reasons. And these security checks are more thorough than what is done at the USCIS level. It is my understanding that everyone at the USCIS level undergoes a basic name-check/ security check.

If you do need additional checks at the embassy level, then the case is sent to Washington DC for very detailed checks at many more government agencies. It's not fun: there is no way to expedite the case or knowing what is a reasonable time frame. Sometimes the embassy lets you know what is going on, sometimes you need to get your congress(wo)man involved to know that your case has been sent to DOS. We weren't told what was going on: we were just told that "oh, this will delay your case" and sent home. There have been folks who have been waiting for several months, and my heart truly goes out to them for all of their patience and devotion during that hard time. The time spend in this depends on alot of things: the reason why the case was sent to DOS, the country of origin (things like record keeping, the prevalance of common names etc), and the information you've already provided to the embassy.

We spent two months waiting, and I know that was short. I think that my husband being in Canada, having a unique name and having public presentations for his research helped make the checks run smoothly.

Hope this helps. :)

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Timeline

well i have no idea about the level of security checks that csc does but two weeks ago we were told we have been thrown back into security checks again.................... :angry: if we ever make it to the interview level of this journey there should be no question about his security checks as it seems they have seen fit to run us thru anything that they can .........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.