Jenn!

How Do/Will You Eat at Home?

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
wool? hooda thunkit... I thought it was some kind of foam.. is that particular stuff available here?

You could probably hit up some sheep farmers and see if they have any- -you'd just buy raw wool.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wool? hooda thunkit... I thought it was some kind of foam.. is that particular stuff available here?

You could probably hit up some sheep farmers and see if they have any- -you'd just buy raw wool.

would that get buggy?? or is it fairly critter safe??

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Thanks for all the responses! It's been interesting.

I have to admit that when it's just Wadi and I, I like sharing. The more people there are though, the less appetizing it becomes.

We'll be taking my family to visit his family in Morocco and I don't think my family is going to be amenable to the communal plate.

I wonder if people get sick more often in Morocco than they do here because of all the sharing. Or if they're more resistant because of it.

I personally never felt weird about eating off the same tray. I also never got sick from sharing. I suspect that I will just let my husband kind of dictate how his food is served and I really don't mind eating the traditional way. When we eat out in Algeria, everyone has their own plate. When we have eaten at home there, people have some things on their own plate and other things they eat off the same plate. I too havent done the 20 people eating from the same plate thing.. the most maybe 6 or 7 and I just havent had the ick factor ever...

they walk around with grumpy faces cuz they are grumpy.

We eat mansaf off the same tray. We eat maglooba off the same tray. When we go out to restaurants, we ate off our own plates but secretly long to reach over with a fork and stab the others food.

jJ

I do that with anyone I'm eating with lol!!!

I was with a friend of mine who freaks out over germs but has the dirtiest house I have ever seen.. but dont touch her plate or glass.. weird( shes American)

I have to admit that when it's just Wadi and I, I like sharing. The more people there are though, the less appetizing it becomes.

We'll be taking my family to visit his family in Morocco and I don't think my family is going to be amenable to the communal plate.

I wonder if people get sick more often in Morocco than they do here because of all the sharing. Or if they're more resistant because of it.

I personally never felt weird about eating off the same tray. I also never got sick from sharing. I suspect that I will just let my husband kind of dictate how his food is served and I really don't mind eating the traditional way. When we eat out in Algeria, everyone has their own plate. When we have eaten at home there, people have some things on their own plate and other things they eat off the same plate. I too havent done the 20 people eating from the same plate thing.. the most maybe 6 or 7 and I just havent had the ick factor ever...

We eat mansaf off the same tray. We eat maglooba off the same tray. When we go out to restaurants, we ate off our own plates but secretly long to reach over with a fork and stab the others food.

jJ

I was with a friend of mine who freaks out over germs but has the dirtiest house I have ever seen.. but dont touch her plate or glass.. weird( shes American)

:lol:

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

jJ

I mean really.. if I was looking for the germ free lifestyle I would not be flying my crazy ### over to Algeria all the time... For God's sake, the first time I went to his house there were two sheep walking around in the courtyard and kids were riding on them

jJ

I mean really.. if I was looking for the germ free lifestyle I would not be flying my crazy ### over to Algeria all the time... For God's sake, the first time I went to his house there were two sheep walking around in the courtyard and kids were riding on them

yay for sheeps!

Interview-December 2005

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
would that get buggy?? or is it fairly critter safe??

It wuoldn't get buggy, but I bet we'd need to air it maybe 3 times a year instead of twice... maybe only twice. We have a higher humidity so that could cause some "smell" issues. Airing it in teh sun kills most of whatever would want to live in there.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I asked mohamed the last time i went could we get a new mattress ! He said yes he had it already when i got there!Those pillows are to hard! Next time we go we will take some soft pillows. hes not use to the pillow here yet!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It depends on the time, place, company, meal.... I enjoy sharing a plate with him.

I have to tell a quick, funny story. We were at a lunch one day, and the person who brought lunch apparently didn't have enough plates. We were given separate plates for the main dish, but they asked if we'd mind sharing a salad plate (we were the only couple there). Apparently, they don't know about Moroccan culture!

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.