33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

One theory on the touches could be, not all files go through security checks .... so therefore not all files are scanned (on the barcodes on our files) which would cause a touch, as such.

Therefore the touches would look random ... because they probably are random.

VSC doesn't have a huge amount of staff, and a shed load of files, there probably wouldn't be time to security check all of us .... we all know most government agencies work on a random set up. If they security check 'all' of us, we'd be waiting for a hell of a lot longer than we are ... and there'd be more of a backlog than we saw earlier in the year.

I really think that a lot of files are literally just input into the system and have approval notices sent there and then, as long as everything looks to be in order.

Also, if we're all security checked with the FBI etc by USCIS, why on earth would they ask for police certificates?

If we were truly security checked, then the need for us to apply for a police certificate wouldn't be necessary, an input of our name and date of births etc on those background software systems which the FBI and CIA use would be enough to pull up our whole histories worldwide .... therefore making the need for a police certificate totally redundant.

So touches, no big deal .... I think those with them, are just part of the random crew to ensure they look as though they're doing their jobs .... plus I don't think any one would be silly enough to lie on their paperwork .... the small print is enough to put you off .... and they know that.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
yeah... try 185 days without an approval... no fun

165 Days, no touch , nothing, granted I have a criminal record, I am the USC though so it should not make a difference, none of my charges involve domestic abuse or any crime that could have caused harm to anyone.

I proudly announce the completion of 222 days today!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

165 Days, no touch , nothing, granted I have a criminal record, I am the USC though so it should not make a difference, none of my charges involve domestic abuse or any crime that could have caused harm to anyone.

:blink: OMG, hurryup... that's horrible!! My case is on day 198 without a single touch other than 2/24 when VSC updated their system with our info :angry: I certainly hope that your case gets approved by monday!!!

Sara.. I was told that there is security checks at every level ( uscis, nvc and embassy) Sadly i've read a few posts where ppl have gotten stuck on these checks at embassy level and one has been there for about a year :wacko: Security checks vary also... but all the names get scanned at uscis for "matches" then if a flag comes up.. there may be further checking depending on what came up.. but this is the way one ex adjudicator explained it. But you do have a point about VSC...

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

One theory on the touches could be, not all files go through security checks .... so therefore not all files are scanned (on the barcodes on our files) which would cause a touch, as such.

Therefore the touches would look random ... because they probably are random.

VSC doesn't have a huge amount of staff, and a shed load of files, there probably wouldn't be time to security check all of us .... we all know most government agencies work on a random set up. If they security check 'all' of us, we'd be waiting for a hell of a lot longer than we are ... and there'd be more of a backlog than we saw earlier in the year.

I really think that a lot of files are literally just input into the system and have approval notices sent there and then, as long as everything looks to be in order.

Also, if we're all security checked with the FBI etc by USCIS, why on earth would they ask for police certificates?

If we were truly security checked, then the need for us to apply for a police certificate wouldn't be necessary, an input of our name and date of births etc on those background software systems which the FBI and CIA use would be enough to pull up our whole histories worldwide .... therefore making the need for a police certificate totally redundant.

So touches, no big deal .... I think those with them, are just part of the random crew to ensure they look as though they're doing their jobs .... plus I don't think any one would be silly enough to lie on their paperwork .... the small print is enough to put you off .... and they know that.

Damn, you think that might explain the touches? Now i'm worried about ours, early after filing... I do not want us to be part of the lucky few that get picked for extra checks. Oh well, nothing that can be done about it anyway.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:blink: OMG, hurryup... that's horrible!! My case is on day 198 without a single touch other than 2/24 when VSC updated their system with our info :angry: I certainly hope that your case gets approved by monday!!!

Sara.. I was told that there is security checks at every level ( uscis, nvc and embassy) Sadly i've read a few posts where ppl have gotten stuck on these checks at embassy level and one has been there for about a year :wacko: Security checks vary also... but all the names get scanned at uscis for "matches" then if a flag comes up.. there may be further checking depending on what came up.. but this is the way one ex adjudicator explained it. But you do have a point about VSC...

Yes, there are DEFINITELY security checks...at all levels. I've even heard of breaches into peoples emails. Its a bit scary...but honestly THAT is what slows the process down...the security checks....certain surnames can cause an even bigger check. The time it takes to actually look at a file and verify that info in it is correct takes no time at all.

As far as you guys that have been waiting since Oct-Dec....I am so sorry. I pray that God unites you quickly with your loved ones and that your cases begin to move to completion.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Yes, there are DEFINITELY security checks...at all levels. I've even heard of breaches into peoples emails. Its a bit scary...but honestly THAT is what slows the process down...the security checks....certain surnames can cause an even bigger check. The time it takes to actually look at a file and verify that info in it is correct takes no time at all.

Kitty, we were all told that there were all these heavy security checks when we first started, of which I'm really dubious of after analysing this whole situation .... like we were also told it was 'first in first out' and it's not ... I really feel that if there are any major security checks, they will be done in the country of origin of the foreign spouse, as they'll probably have more time .... or maybe at the most NVC for the name thing.

The name thing is one of the situations which put people into advanced processing (I've found this reading some threads on this site) .... which often comes after NVC even. A name check is the most basic of security checks, and it's where you start when doing a background check ... ask anyone who's in the business.

... if your name is flagged, then from reading a couple of posts on this website, your file is sent to Washington, probably FBI or CIA or both .... then they probably go all out (emails etc), but like I said, I haven't found anyone so far who was stuck on processing for a name check at USCIS.

Hence, following analysation of this process, I am beginning to strongly feel that USCIS is purly an input of data exercise and checking you've got everything in order .... like plastic bags for your photos etc .... correct documentation ... translations etc.

At USCIS level, they wouldn't have the time for heavy security checks .... there's too many of us, and our files are stored until our NOA1 date comes up .... at least that theory has become evident in the last few days.

Marlita, it would be physically impossible for VSC to security check us all at USCIS level, hence why I've deduced my theory of the very few touches which come out of VSC.

Yes, inputting information and checking the file over doesn't take anytime at all .... approximately 15 minutes according to the conversation with the adjudicator.

The time that we are made to wait is down to the fact we are stored until our NOA1 date comes up for our processing, for most of us.

The Ombudsman put it forward last year that USCIS should stop storing our files until input time as it costs more money, USCIS ignored it.

There are the odd unlucky ones who's marriages look a little dodgy, and yes, there will be a few that are dodgy, they will be trained to look for certain flags for this ... a good reason why some people are not approved at the same time their peers with the similar NOA1 date .... just look at Gogo for example.

.... or the random files which have been chosen to be scrutinised a little further (all government agencies work that way) but on the whole I truly believe we're simply waiting for the time we are properly input into the system and sent an approval.

So, look at the facts ... who do we know that's been stuck on a name check at USCIS level??? .... the most basic of security checks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Rather than come up with wacky conspiracy theories about the USCIS checking people's email (I mean, . . . really!!?!), start with some facts:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/se...hecks_42506.pdf

Marriage: 09-22-2007

Conditional Residence

I-130 Sent: 10-10-2007

I-130 Approved: 06-03-2008 (236 days from VSC receipt to approval)

Case Complete at NVC: 07-30-2008 (52 days from NVC receipt to approval)

Consulate Interview date: 09-24-2008

POE Miami: 10-04-2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Sent: 07-08-2010

NOA1 Date: 07-12-2010

Biometrics Appt.: 09-01-2010 (Early Bio 08-13-2010)

Approved: 11-03-2010 (114 days from VSC receipt to approval)

GC Rec'd: 11-06-2010

Citizenship

N-400 Sent: 07-08-2011

Confirmation Text Message: 07-14-2011

NOA Priority Date: 07-12-2011

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: 08-01-2011

Biometrics Appt.: 08-19-2011 (Early Bio 08-12-2011)

"Placed in Line" Email and Touched: 08-16-2011

"Interview Scheduled" Email and Touched: 12-23-2011

Rec'd Interview Letter: 12-27-2011

Interview Passed: 01-30-2012

Email from Senator's Office Stating Application Was Approved: 06-18-2012

"Oath Scheduling Que" Email and Touched: 07-03-2012

Given Oath Date at InfoPass Appt. and Touched: 08-28-2012

Rec'd Oath Date Letter in Mail: 09-01-2012

Oath Date: 09-27-2012

Rather than come up with wacky conspiracy theories about the USCIS checking people's email (I mean, . . . really!!?!), start with some facts:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/se...hecks_42506.pdf

I agree Arlington, VSC wouldn't have time for all that email checking.

The posting you've given us is interesting .... hence I ask again, who do we know that's been held up at USCIS for a name check?? it's normally RFE's for silly things .... being held up for security checks normally (from reading other threads) comes at NVC or Consulate time, not USCIS time.

I really think the USCIS stage is for basic inputting of info .... otherwise being stuck on these name checks would show up earlier in the process for people ... not later.

There really are very few people that get stuck at the USCIS stage .... a very low percentage ... and before you all jump on my back with the delays for Sept-Oct filers, that was not for security checks and you all know that.

Since USCIS doesn't provide any meaningful feedback, it would be difficult if not impossible to determine if a common name posed any problems and would hold someone up at this level. But only after a touch on the file would I even consider something like this. Simply not getting processed is another issue entirely.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Here's another good info source . . . Not specific to I-130s, but does describe the use of the IBIS (see pages 41-49).

This GAO report was issued more than two years ago; . . . you can see that backlogs at USCIS are not a new problem. :wacko:

IMMIGRATION BENEFITS: Improvements Needed to Address Backlogs and Ensure Quality of Adjudications

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d0620.pdf

Marriage: 09-22-2007

Conditional Residence

I-130 Sent: 10-10-2007

I-130 Approved: 06-03-2008 (236 days from VSC receipt to approval)

Case Complete at NVC: 07-30-2008 (52 days from NVC receipt to approval)

Consulate Interview date: 09-24-2008

POE Miami: 10-04-2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Sent: 07-08-2010

NOA1 Date: 07-12-2010

Biometrics Appt.: 09-01-2010 (Early Bio 08-13-2010)

Approved: 11-03-2010 (114 days from VSC receipt to approval)

GC Rec'd: 11-06-2010

Citizenship

N-400 Sent: 07-08-2011

Confirmation Text Message: 07-14-2011

NOA Priority Date: 07-12-2011

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: 08-01-2011

Biometrics Appt.: 08-19-2011 (Early Bio 08-12-2011)

"Placed in Line" Email and Touched: 08-16-2011

"Interview Scheduled" Email and Touched: 12-23-2011

Rec'd Interview Letter: 12-27-2011

Interview Passed: 01-30-2012

Email from Senator's Office Stating Application Was Approved: 06-18-2012

"Oath Scheduling Que" Email and Touched: 07-03-2012

Given Oath Date at InfoPass Appt. and Touched: 08-28-2012

Rec'd Oath Date Letter in Mail: 09-01-2012

Oath Date: 09-27-2012

Just thought I'd add this thread

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4217

As you will see, there are people in here who have been held up on security checks ..... none are at USCIS level.

Therefore giving strength to my theory that the USCIS stage is purely to get your paperwork in order and to fully input you into the system.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Checks is very much a part of the whole process even at USCIS level. However, mentioned this on my post to address what u stated earlier.. that USCIS is just data entry. That is not quite so. Part of the "data entry" is to check for flags .. and that is thru the various systems that they have. I did not imply that security checks is what has caused the backlog and delay of adjudication of our cases.

What I have noticed is that VSC does not seem to have much of internal checks as CSC.

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Ok, let me word it another way.

Before I go any further .... include the speed of the K1 visa approvals in your minds too.

If any of us were flagged during a name check at USCIS (the most basic security check there is), do you honestly think that they would let us go onto NVC and approve us ????

How many denials at USCIS level do we hear of on this website??

If you look at those who are held up at USCIS it's for RFE's which are fixable .... or God forbid, they think your marriage is not real ... look at Gogo.

...... a name check flag can take years and your file is sent to another government body to deal with .... i.e FBI.

How many at USCIS level have their files sent to the FBI for advanced processing on a name flag before approval ?

It always appears to be at NVC or Consulate.

I am merely pointing out flaws in the system ... and the rubbish they lead us to believe ... i.e. first in first out.

If you find me a case which is held up in advanced processing on a basic name check at USCIS then I'll shut up.

Kitty, do read my reply to your posting in 'who contacted their congressman' thread.

(F)

Hey gang,

Okay been reading much and it all makes sence especially checks at UCIS level.

There are 3 checks, is this one check for each agency ?? #1 USICS #2 NVC and #3 Embassy level??? Em I right?? Stay with me folks.

USCIS Security checks: = Security check means to see if person is a threat to U.S. Security such as frattnizing with a suspected terrorist, or name in FBI system for one thing or another, protective witness program, or wanted for questioning, or was questioned by FBI, or just a threat to U.S.

AGAIN, run a name see if they get a hit, red flag. They dont care if your stole a candy bar at age of 12, or how many times you have been married, or if your from a abusive home, or much less if your 5 years behind on IRS taxes, its only criminal. NAME CHECK FOR SECURITY.

I wish I could explain poor Gogo's case, does not make sence. They probley lost her paperwork or just found it. I hope Gogo's case is approved very, very soon. This name check process can take as little as 5 minutes to one hour. WHATS THE HOLD UP???

PERSONAL NOTE: I did one yesterday on a person, took a whole 5 seconds, from no seat belt , to , domestic abuse, to alias used.

Now Im sure FBI/CIA has a much more advance system program then me.

OK::

Now NVC: same as #1 maybe more advance check on name: Same thing Security threat or possible security threat. or name in CIA/FBI etc system for one thing or another. again criminal. BUT, I think for some countries, checks are done more in depth, such as U.K. not a threat to U.S. but Algeria, different story, and I choose Algeria cause my husband is from there.

Embassy: probley same thing again as NVC , just to see if something new pops up since USICS and NVC checks. Oh yeah, the Police certificates our foreign natinal spouses are suppose to present. And those are paper. Hum!!

Also, the embassy, they determine if marriage is real or not. So just for my sake, I have every email, letter, card, IM chats and all our personal finances, utitlty bills, joint creadit cards, and even the withdraws he has made with our U.S. bank card in Paris, purchases we made when I was in Paris, even the ribbon off the box of cologne my husband gave me ready for inspection to see this is a real marriage of love and only love.

Sorry Im ranting on, and half of you guys are probley asleep, left hair color on too long and spent too much time in the raving sunshine.

Bottom line is, security checks do not take long if your clean , problems happen when simular names get hit. And that seems to be the problem,and like Sarah said, very, very frew reports of hold up on security clearnce on USICS side, but does not explain why now it takes so long for some, and the others approved in as little as 11 days.

Okay Im done.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.