hbunch

Married during the first visit

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ'ers, After more than 13 months of consistent chatting and huge phone bills due to very long conversations (landlines & Smart Postpaid), buying PLDT Budget Cards / phone cards from U.S., sending emails/ cards/ gifts/ Western Union receipts and so on I established a genuine relationship with this wonderful man who is now my husband. When his work & time finally allowed him to come and visit me here in Philippines & stayed 1 month, he asked me to marry him over the phone(actually many times LOL!) and we got married during the first visit, simply because we both fell in love with each other before meeting in person. Soon we will be having our interview, so my question is this: Will this affect our k3 visa interview in a negative way because we got married during his first visit? Or do I need to ask my Husband to be with me during the Interview just to prove to the consul that our marriage is indeed genuine?

Thank u in advance, cause I really need ur opinions on this matter!

hbunch

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Depends on many circumstances including but not limited to your ability to produce evidence of a bonafide relationship post marriage.

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Depends on many circumstances including but not limited to your ability to produce evidence of a bonafide relationship post marriage.

Yes, totality of circumstances. You don't mention whether there have been subsequent visits, frequency, how many etc. Marriage on the first visit is not a disqualifier.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think that by now the consuls are pretty used to hearing about internet relationships, because this is very very common.

Maybe you should work on your evidences of bonafide relationship a little more carefully... get affidavits from your friends and family, maybe get a joint bank account or some sort of financial bond..

dd/mmm/aaaa

05/jun/2007 - Got married

I-130

08/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet sent to NSC

09/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet received

19/sep/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

25/sep/2007 - NOA1 arrived

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on March 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-130 was approved in 258 days.

I-129F

09/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet sent to CSC

10/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet received

12/oct/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

20/oct/2007 - NOA1 received

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on April 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-129f was approved in 197 days.

NVC

08/may/2008 - replied to my e-mail sent on april 30, saying that our petition has been sent to the consulate.

Consulate

20/JUN/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS

18/mar/2009 - Packet delivered

24/mar/2009 - NOA for AOS and EAD date

25/mar/2009 - Check cashed

15/apr/2009 - Biometrics done

22/may/2009 - EAD approved

Timeline

Yes, totality of circumstances. You don't mention whether there have been subsequent visits, frequency, how many etc. Marriage on the first visit is not a disqualifier.

Thank u so much for your time. There is no subsequent visit yet after the marriage though tentatively he is planning to come back on July 2008. We got lots of evidence about our relationship/marriage, as i've mentioned in my post, we have hundreds of pictures from diff. places Luzon & Visayas. We're married with the Traditional Catholic Church Wedding at my province with at least 200 guests invited. What do u think, pushbrk? thanks again.

Timeline

Thank u so much for your time. There is no subsequent visit yet after the marriage though tentatively he is planning to come back on July 2008. We got lots of evidence about our relationship/marriage, as i've mentioned in my post, we have hundreds of pictures from diff. places Luzon & Visayas. We're married with the Traditional Catholic Church Wedding at my province with at least 200 guests invited. What do u think, pushbrk? thanks again.

I think if he visits again and you get the opportunity to show the evidence, your chances are excellent. In any event, the fact you married on the first visit is of little consequence.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
I think that by now the consuls are pretty used to hearing about internet relationships, because this is very very common.

Maybe you should work on your evidences of bonafide relationship a little more carefully... get affidavits from your friends and family, maybe get a joint bank account or some sort of financial bond..

Thanks much. God bless

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I think if he visits again and you get the opportunity to show the evidence, your chances are excellent. In any event, the fact you married on the first visit is of little consequence.

Hello pushbrk,

I have a question to ask you. Our I-130 was approved last May 7, 2008 and my husband received the hardcopy NOA2 on the 12th May. Based on my observations of other K3 process, they usually got the same day the approval notice of their filed I-130 & I-129F. We are wondering why we didnt receive our I-129F since our I-130 was approved already. It seems that ur one of the few who can give me a concrete answer about my queries. Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Vermont has had a pattern of sending your I 130 to NVC now based on the reason that they were both approved at the same time. It is something that no one really understands right now but you can still go the K3 visa route, it only takes a litle more effort and contact with NVC. Most likely you will be getting your NOA2 for your I 129f in the next few days but again it seems as if Vermont has decided to make your I 129f of no use now. You really should call them (USCIS) and make sure that they will forward your I 129f to NVC so that you can continue the K3 route if that is what you want, but the CR1 is the better way to go. It cost less money and gets you away from USCIS for another 2 years.

Timeline
Hello fellow VJ'ers, After more than 13 months of consistent chatting and huge phone bills due to very long conversations (landlines & Smart Postpaid), buying PLDT Budget Cards / phone cards from U.S., sending emails/ cards/ gifts/ Western Union receipts and so on I established a genuine relationship with this wonderful man who is now my husband. When his work & time finally allowed him to come and visit me here in Philippines & stayed 1 month, he asked me to marry him over the phone(actually many times LOL!) and we got married during the first visit, simply because we both fell in love with each other before meeting in person. Soon we will be having our interview, so my question is this: Will this affect our k3 visa interview in a negative way because we got married during his first visit? Or do I need to ask my Husband to be with me during the Interview just to prove to the consul that our marriage is indeed genuine?

hbunch

Hi hbunch,

Im done with that.

we were in the same situation, first visit and got married. Actually i was being asked by the consul who have interviewed me about why i married him the first visit and when we started our communication. I have had a very strict consul, all they care was the marriage is genuine and not fake. And not the times of visits.

Shape1031068lr19y02hb8.gif

Timeline

Hello pushbrk,

I have a question to ask you. Our I-130 was approved last May 7, 2008 and my husband received the hardcopy NOA2 on the 12th May. Based on my observations of other K3 process, they usually got the same day the approval notice of their filed I-130 & I-129F. We are wondering why we didnt receive our I-129F since our I-130 was approved already. It seems that ur one of the few who can give me a concrete answer about my queries. Thank you.

I would expect both petitions were approved. Does the NOA2 you received indicate the petition is being sent to NVC? Vermont is being strange on K3's lately, so it's hard to know what has happened or will happen.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

hbunch

Hi hbunch,

Im done with that.

we were in the same situation, first visit and got married. Actually i was being asked by the consul who have interviewed me about why i married him the first visit and when we started our communication. I have had a very strict consul, all they care was the marriage is genuine and not fake. And not the times of visits.

Thanks Shape, My husband will come to Philippines again. He wanted to be with us during the interview just to prove the marriage and our relationship indeed genuine. However, now that we're actually in the same situation (surprised!) i would love to know about ur detailed interview experience, in case the presence of my husband is no longer necessary so we can save money and time from his job too. By the way, when it comes to evidence i would say that we have a very strong documentations to support our relationship. Thanks girl. Salute to the FILIPINAS!!! (LOL) Take care.

Timeline
Vermont has had a pattern of sending your I 130 to NVC now based on the reason that they were both approved at the same time. It is something that no one really understands right now but you can still go the K3 visa route, it only takes a litle more effort and contact with NVC. Most likely you will be getting your NOA2 for your I 129f in the next few days but again it seems as if Vermont has decided to make your I 129f of no use now. You really should call them (USCIS) and make sure that they will forward your I 129f to NVC so that you can continue the K3 route if that is what you want, but the CR1 is the better way to go. It cost less money and gets you away from USCIS for another 2 years.

Hi. thank you for this advised. Today my husband called the National Visa Center in Vermont and the lady there told him that they did a background investigation on the petitioner and the process was given ADVANCED PRIORITY NOW because of my husband's military and Law enforcement background. He was once work for US Government. FBI sent the USCIS his background investigation already and everything is okay. We are now waiting and anticipating for the approval of our I-129F, the lady from Vermont made sure to him that anytime soon we will receive it within this month. It is fair enough that USCIS/NVC was very keen on tracking and investigating every petitions and different types of case/s they received for security and safety purposes. I guess I-129F still significant for K3 to get approval of both petitions: I-130 & I-129F.

Timeline

Hello pushbrk,

I would expect both petitions were approved. Does the NOA2 you received indicate the petition is being sent to NVC? Vermont is being strange on K3's lately, so it's hard to know what has happened or will happen.

Today my husband called the National Visa Center in Vermont and the lady there told him that they did a background investigation on the petitioner and the process was given ADVANCED PRIORITY NOW because of my husband's military and Law enforcement background. He was once work for US Government. FBI sent the USCIS his background investigation already and everything is okay. We are now waiting and anticipating for the approval of our I-129F, the lady from Vermont made sure to him that anytime soon we will receive it within this month. It is fair enough that USCIS/NVC was very keen on tracking and investigating every petitions and different types of case/s they received for security and safety purposes. I guess I-129F still significant for K3 to get approval of both petitions: I-130 & I-129F. FYI-thanks

Timeline

hbunch

Hi hbunch,

Im done with that.

Thanks Shape, My husband will come to Philippines again. He wanted to be with us during the interview just to prove the marriage and our relationship indeed genuine. However, now that we're actually in the same situation (surprised!) i would love to know about ur detailed interview experience, in case the presence of my husband is no longer necessary so we can save money and time from his job too. By the way, when it comes to evidence i would say that we have a very strong documentations to support our relationship. Thanks girl. Salute to the FILIPINAS!!! (LOL) Take care.

Hbunch,

what i've posted in my topic about my interview experience were already detailed. Depends on which consul you will be interviewed. I brought almost 7 kilos proofs and evidences of our relationship and my relationship with my husband's families (parents,grandma,aunts,uncles,cousins,brothers,friends), but the pre-screener nor the consul never asked me about to show any of them, only the pictures that they have looked at. (picture of me and my husband with my family and his family) and the pre-screener said thats enough already.

Depends on cases. But it's better to be prepared in case they ask you some particular proofs or evidences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.