Samanthajayne

Medical In London Experience

4 posts in this topic

I just got back from having my medical in London. My advice to anyone who is useless with maps like me! ( Get A Cab!!) I walked around in the rain for 30 mins, and eventually got a cab from Bond St tube st, and it cost me £4. Got to the medical and they insisted that I had the new jab, Human PAPILLONAVIRUS, IN WHICH THEY WANTED OVER A £100. So get it done before hand. The only reason I got out of it, was because im 3 months pregnant. I also didnt have my x-ray because im pregnant. So basically I went in to see the doctor, and checked the following:

Height

Weight

eyesight

throat

ears

blood test

blood pressure

my feet??

Heartbeat

and thats it.

I thought I was gonna take my clothes off, and to be checked to make sure I was a women, but nothing?

Basically asked a few questions, was worried my depression was gonna effect me, however he just asked me a few questions, and took my medical note.

Thats it

Samantha And Julian Rodriguez

Filed: Timeline
I just got back from having my medical in London. My advice to anyone who is useless with maps like me! ( Get A Cab!!) I walked around in the rain for 30 mins, and eventually got a cab from Bond St tube st, and it cost me £4. Got to the medical and they insisted that I had the new jab, Human PAPILLONAVIRUS, IN WHICH THEY WANTED OVER A £100. So get it done before hand. The only reason I got out of it, was because im 3 months pregnant. I also didnt have my x-ray because im pregnant. So basically I went in to see the doctor, and checked the following:

Height

Weight

eyesight

throat

ears

blood test

blood pressure

my feet??

Heartbeat

and thats it.

I thought I was gonna take my clothes off, and to be checked to make sure I was a women, but nothing?

Basically asked a few questions, was worried my depression was gonna effect me, however he just asked me a few questions, and took my medical note.

Thats it

Thanks Samantha, it's nice to hear that London seems to have stopped checking us with no clothes on .... I was thinking of starting to go to the gym and using a sunbed :lol:

I presume you're under 26 to have been told you need the HPV shot ? .... £100 for this is very expensive.

Were you told you had to bring a doctors note ? I didn't know about this, haven't seen my doctor in forever, what should I ask him to write on it?

Height

Weight

eyesight

throat

ears

blood test

blood pressure

my feet??

Heartbeat

and thats it.

Thats it

Thanks Samantha, it's nice to hear that London seems to have stopped checking us with no clothes on .... I was thinking of starting to go to the gym and using a sunbed :lol:

I presume you're under 26 to have been told you need the HPV shot ? .... £100 for this is very expensive.

Were you told you had to bring a doctors note ? I didn't know about this, haven't seen my doctor in forever, what should I ask him to write on it?

Well I tried to be well prepared. I had a couple of casses of mild depression when I was under 16, and was prescribed anti depressants ( 1 course ) In which I didnt take. However when I printed out the medical questionaire, it asked about depression, so i thought id get the doctor to write me a note. I heard that if you have taken medication, sometimes they send you for phychiactric evaluation. However He didnt say much, so he just took my note, and my pregnancy note and that was all.

I hope it doesnt become a big deal, as on the report it says medical incomplete, may be eligible for a waiver as currently 10 weeks pregnant.

The best part of the day was realising id lost over 10 pounds. All down to morning sickness. Low point missing the sunbed real bad. : ( Especially since being pregnant, my skins all blemished, and the doctor said I cant use it. So much for pregnancy glow.

When is your interview?

Good Luck x :star:

Samantha And Julian Rodriguez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.