Completely

CONDITIONAL GREENCARD ( I am living overseas)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi All:

I received my greencard 17th November 2006 and will expire Nov 18 2008. I went to the states twice. My question is what will be the good time to file the Petition to Remove Condition.. The website indicates 90 days before expiry or your petition will be rejected if you file the Petition early... But I am reading the some of the post they are having delays.

I also filed my N400 based on 319b because I worked overseas same as my husband.

Folks, I need your help..

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
Hi All:

I received my greencard 17th November 2006 and will expire Nov 18 2008. I went to the states twice. My question is what will be the good time to file the Petition to Remove Condition.. The website indicates 90 days before expiry or your petition will be rejected if you file the Petition early... But I am reading the some of the post they are having delays.

I also filed my N400 based on 319b because I worked overseas same as my husband.

I think I accidentally deleted the replies on this post.. I forgot the name id of the person who has replied me.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

what is 319b?

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: Timeline
Hi All:

How will you remove conditions if you do not reside in the US? There are certain time frames where you are allowed to leave US soil without loosing your residency; so check that out. And you cannot file early or indeed it will be rejected.

And yes, what is 319b? :unsure:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Expedited Naturalization under INA section 319( B )

You may be able to naturalize without having resided in the United States for three years if you are married to a US citizen who is stationed abroad for work with an American company, an international organization, or a religious organization with a presence in the United States. This is sometimes called "expedited" naturalization and is authorized under section 319( B ) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Your spouse must be "regularly stationed" abroad for you to qualify under this section. Citizenship and Immigration Services has interpreted that to mean that your spouse is contracted to work abroad for at least a year from the time of your interview. After your spouse's overseas employment ends, you must intend to take up residence in United States.

Procedure

Once you have become a permanent resident (for example, by entering the United States with an immigrant visa), you may apply for naturalization under 319( B ) in any part of the country. You select a District Office where you would like to naturalize and file the application with the CIS Service Center that has jurisdiction over that office.

After filing the N-400 application, you will be able to do your fingerprints at a US Embassy or Consulate near you. You have to return to the United States for the interview and the oath ceremony. It may be possible to do the oath immediately following the interview.

http://www.pjclaw.net/citizenship/319b.html

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Not sure how it works with the conditional GC, so I would ask a lawyer, but it seems if you are able to get naturalized before your expiration date on your GC, you wouldn't have to go through that process. And judging from the time frame (btw research what center is doing it the fastest as it seems you can choose any one) of 5 to 7 months you might be able to sneak it in before you GC expires in November. It is really wierd how the processes are faster when you are overseas. I remember thinking how lucky we were to get the Green Card through DCF through the embassy. But now we are stuck in the queue over here and have been waiting 10 months just to get the conditions removed. And our case is very straight forward (like I imagine a lot of them are) we file taxes together, I work and she now stays home with our son. We have a mortgage together....

It does look like you do have to be overseas for the next 18 months though in order to qualify.

http://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/c21634.htm

Good luck with it.

26/02/2005 Married in London to South African with UK Residency

28/02/2005 Sent off I-130 to London Consular

08/03/2005 Charge posted on Credit Card

14/03/2005 Sent off DS-230

15/03/2005 NOA of I-130

24/03/2005 Received Packet 3

18/04/2005 Sent in Form 169 (notice of readiness)

10/05/2005 Received Packet 4

06/06/2005 Medical at 10:00am in London

15/06/2005 Interview at 9:00 am (108 Days) -Approved

16/06/2005 Noon - Recieved Papers and Visa from Embassy

21/08/2005 Wife entered US on green Card

Conditions Removed +/- 1 year

??/06/2007 Submitted I-751

??/07/2007 Biometrics

02/04/2008 Application transferred from TSC to VSC

01/July/2008 Card Production ordered

N-400 process-3 months & 8 days

16/June/2008 Sent in packet of N-400

18/June/2008 NOA Priority date

20/June/2008 Check cashed

26/June/2008 NOA recieved

12/July/2008 Biometrics

08/Sept/2008 Interview- passed

24/Sept/2008 Oath (Cancelled due to Hurricane Ike)

29/Oct/2008 Oath & Passport Application (not expedited)

07/Nov/2008 Passport Received - Done with the Process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.