morocco4ever

What do you think?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
has the child become a citizen in the US?

I don't know all of the details, but she did apply. They lost her case, then they told her that since she is over age the original petition has expired. I could be all wrong on this because I don't understand the entire thing she has tried to explain to me.

I think you are thinking the same thing I was. She should petition her. That was my advice at first, but since her citizenship is screwed up I don't know how long it will take.

I have just written to our senators office about this. I really hope she will contact the USCIS and get the real facts, and can discuss this with him, so I don't have to look like the heavy.

That was what I was thinking. Well he can try the K1 and if it fails then the daughter may have her citizenship by then.

The whole visa process is complicated by the fact that they have a daughter in the US. As such, they'll have to overcome the assumption any fiance visa petition (whether they meet once or not) is intended to get the daughter's mother to the US faster than she could. The bona fides will be a big issue on such a case.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't know all of the details, but she did apply. They lost her case, then they told her that since she is over age the original petition has expired. I could be all wrong on this because I don't understand the entire thing she has tried to explain to me.

I think you are thinking the same thing I was. She should petition her. That was my advice at first, but since her citizenship is screwed up I don't know how long it will take.

I have just written to our senators office about this. I really hope she will contact the USCIS and get the real facts, and can discuss this with him, so I don't have to look like the heavy.

That was what I was thinking. Well he can try the K1 and if it fails then the daughter may have her citizenship by then.

The whole visa process is complicated by the fact that they have a daughter in the US. As such, they'll have to overcome the assumption any fiance visa petition (whether they meet once or not) is intended to get the daughter's mother to the US faster than she could. The bona fides will be a big issue on such a case.

You hit the nail on the head. That is what I was thinking as well. I think he should get his butt over there and marry her. I don't know the details of the divorce, but I think he was young and screwed up. Toss in some relatives that cause problems. Lets just say he had to do some major A$$ kissing to win her heart back....lol The one thing that I know is that their relationship is 100% bona fide, but it isn't me they need to convince.

Thanks to all of you for your input, I knew I could count on my VJ peeps.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm not sure I agree. I don't particulary see the 'bonafides' as an issue. There is already a familial relationship, albeit a broken one. I don't believe this petition would set off any alarm bells for garden variety immigation fraud.

Timeline

I'm not sure I agree. I don't particulary see the 'bonafides' as an issue. There is already a familial relationship, albeit a broken one. I don't believe this petition would set off any alarm bells for garden variety immigation fraud.

I might normally agree with this, but after her daughter had her baby she applied for a visitors visa so she could see her first grandchild. She was denied because she didn't have enough assets to ensure she would return. This complicates the entire process in my eyes.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had a friend who married a while ago. The grooms divorced mother and father reignighted their relationship the day of the wedding after having been divorced, living several states away from one another, and not seeing each other for 20 years. It can happen.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I would think they would have to file but then you never know about immigration. I wish them good luck.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

I might normally agree with this, but after her daughter had her baby she applied for a visitors visa so she could see her first grandchild. She was denied because she didn't have enough assets to ensure she would return. This complicates the entire process in my eyes.

Well, that's just a denied tourist visa. I don't think that would do her any harm.

Timeline

Well, that's just a denied tourist visa. I don't think that would do her any harm.

In general, and taken as a single issue rather than an element of the whole story, no. But this is Morrocco, not England. The couple should be prepared for issues with their bona fides, no matter which visa route they take, primarily because the beneficiary has a daughter already in the US.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

In general, and taken as a single issue rather than an element of the whole story, no. But this is Morrocco, not England. The couple should be prepared for issues with their bona fides, no matter which visa route they take, primarily because the beneficiary has a daughter already in the US.

That's a very valid point.

All I'm saying is I don't think what we have here is an issue which would be highly regarded as a fraudulent case. Even in Morocco.

Insofar as the daughter already being in the US, I don't see that as a problem. It's not an uncommon site at consulates around the globe to see families migrate slowly.

Since we are talking that particular consulate, it's not to be dismissed the beneficiary would be female. Women don't get the grilling that the men do.

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline

That's a very valid point.

All I'm saying is I don't think what we have here is an issue which would be highly regarded as a fraudulent case. Even in Morocco.

Insofar as the daughter already being in the US, I don't see that as a problem. It's not an uncommon site at consulates around the globe to see families migrate slowly.

Since we are talking that particular consulate, it's not to be dismissed the beneficiary would be female. Women don't get the grilling that the men do.

All valid points but one must understand that the "grilling" is prompted by circumstances, all the circumstances of which the CO is aware.

First, all K1 applicants from Morrocco will be suspect to some extent. In this case the applicant has a daughter and former husband (Is there also a grandchild?) in the US. They are older now and the applicant would like to be reunied with her daughter. She's been denied a visitor visa so along comes the ex-husband/other parent willing to petition for the mother to come as his fiance. Sure, they'll need to remarry for this to work but that's convenient enough.

They will have to show enough evidence of bona fides to overcome the assumption the visa is for an immigration benefit only because it looks like it well could be. It looks more and more like it the higher fraud the country is.

I'd advise them to address all these issues in the initial petition including a statement of evolution of the relationship and affidavits from one or two people familiar with how this scenario evolved. There are all sorts of red flags being presented to a Consulate skilled in seeing and dealing with red flags and with a reputation for taking a hard line.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.