clairern

Yardies with case complete

644 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I got an email message back from the embassy about them doing something to accommodate us CR1 visa holders having to wait 4-5mos for an interview date...well they didn't really answer my question or told me anything i want to hear...this is an excerpt of what i wrote...

I would like to know why Immigrant visas, especially marriage visas

(CR-1/IR-1) are given less priority than non-immigrant visas, for

example K-1 visas.

Since non-immigrant visa do not have to be processed through NVC, the

non-immigrant visas are getting interview dates right away, once

documents are received at the embassy, while Immigrant visa holders

have to wait 4-5 months after all documents are received and reviewed

at NVC for an interview date. This leaves me to believe that the

non-immigrant visa are filling up most slots for interviews which is

leaving the immigrant visas less slots for interviews, which is

causing this 4-5 month wait for an interview date.

I know the embassy is doing their best to take care of all visas types

and I commend the embassy for their hard work and dedication. I would

just like to know is there anything possible that can be done to help

those pursuing Cr-1/Ir-1 visa to not have to wait 4-5 months for an

interview so we can finally be with our loved ones.

This is what they wrote back...

Good day:

Thank you for your e-mail. The information contained in your e-mail is however not accurate. While it is true that K1 fiance visas do not go through the processing at the National Visa Center, they do go through processing here at the Embassy in Kingston before they are scheduled for a visa interview. The process normally takes a few months so it is only on very rare occasions that K1 visas are given a higher priority than

IR1/CR1 visas. The Embassy

Regards,

Visa Unit

Embassy of the United States of America

Kingston, Jamaica

This message is unclassified based on the definitions provided by E.O.

I guess they can't do anything about this wait since CR-1 visas have to go through NVC...Oh well...I tried... :bonk:

Good try Jay; i lift my hats to you. I called also this mornning and was told that all of August was scheduled.

I would want to wonder though what about that friend of Lawny's who was completed in March?? :blush:

Kish -

Still no date for an interview. She called NVC the end of June and was told August was done and to call back in 2 weeks.

THAT DONT MAKE NO SENSE!!!!

When did she first file??? She need to be contacting her political representative!

I can't remember when she started, but it's been well over a year. I don't know if you've read in the main thread but her marriage is comming to an end.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Still no date for an interview. She called NVC the end of June and was told August was done and to call back in 2 weeks.

She called that early and was told August was already full???...you know what i think...and I hope i'm right cause this may mean we still might have hope...is maybe Kingston embassy gives NVC a handful of slots periodically...so when your friend called it was the first handful or whatever...and there are more handful of spots yet to come...I can't believe that they are done for August...I don't want to believe it...

Edited by jgay80

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

She called that early and was told August was already full???...you know what i think...and I hope i'm right cause this may mean we still might have hope...is maybe Kingston embassy gives NVC a handful of slots periodically...so when your friend called it was the first handful or whatever...and there are more handful of spots yet to come...I can't believe that they are done for August...I don't want to believe it...

I tell you j; each time i read Lawny's post im at a lost for words.....they make me so scared.

I really dont know what to belive either; to be waiting on an interview date since March is a terrrible long time and also she said that her friend process has been going for almost a year and a half. (this says to me that something is wrong) :blink:

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

I tell you j; each time i read Lawny's post im at a lost for words.....they make me so scared.

I really dont know what to belive either; to be waiting on an interview date since March is a terrrible long time and also she said that her friend process has been going for almost a year and a half. (this says to me that something is wrong) :blink:

Kish;

Girl, please don't be scared. I don't know you, but you sound like a very STRONG woman. I have more friends that are in the same sitauation, but I post everything (and for the same reasons) I don't want people to worry. I sat in the embassy for 3 hours waiting for my interview to start and I heard a lot of crazy things and I choose not to post them in the room, because I knew it would make people worry or uneasy. That's why I told people to PM me if they wanted more info and a lot of people have done so. Kingston is backed up. I could see that on the 24th. My fiance saw that when he went for his medical the place was so packed that he had to stand up to fill out his paperwork. They had over 200 plus interviews on the 24th. When things are in order an interview is suppose to last around 10mins. The problem I noticed on the 24th is people coming in with FAKE documents, not having the proper documents, problems with the filing and so on. When a person has to come back to the embassy with the proper paperwork it puts a strain on the system, because the embassy has to accommodate those people by scheduling new dates and time for those who are returning with the proper information. Is this right procedure, I'm not sure. This is what I'm told is causing the back up in Kingston. I tell you if I was to post everything I heard and witness on the 24th of June ya'll mouths would be WIDE OPEN. So, please don't be scared and I'm sorry if I placed that feeling in your head. Stay strong sis...everything is going to be a'rite.

With my girlfriend I know she had an RFE (but I can't remember for what). I don't know if that had anything to do with it taking too long.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I've given up calling them. I think I call once a month. They tell me the same #######, that doesnt make sense. It sucks. Now I am gonna go to JA and come back with that pain in my heart from leaving my husband and spend anniversary alone and have no word from the embassy with regards to a date. :cry:

Marlita, I understand how you must be feeling right, so close, but still far enough apart. I hated to leave my husband last week when I returned from JA. I called him as I was boarding the plane and he said get out of line and come back. I was so tempted to do it, if the flight steward hadn't interject her self in my way, I would still be in JA today. When I married my husband I didn't realized this separtation would be so hard. We were counting on his work visa to come thru. The work visa happened, but because he is married to a USC, they (the company) didn't want to risk it.

I tell him every day, that if there was the possibility I could get a job in JA, I would move there, but I have too much invested here for right now.

The lonelist doesn't hit until you have been back home a couple of days, then it hurts. I also understand what you meant on the other thread by how much harder it is, because you live alone. Also now friends and family don't understand the pain you are feeling by this separation. I hope I can show as much class as you have shown in this time of waiting for someone else to make a decision on your future. Keep up your class act and go and be with your husband and enjoy it to the fullest. Go and make memories. Smile when noone knows what you are smiling about. Laugh out lound about your private jokes. Cry when it hurts, but don't stop loving him.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Roxie;

My girl ain't that the truth. To tell you the truth I initially was going to do CR/1, but after much research I knew I could not handle the separation. We talked about eloping many times, but said no we'll wait it out with the K-1. This process is a true test of faith, but I know many people who've gone through it and some taking as long a 2 and a half years.

We originally thought about the K1 also, but it just wasnt really feaseable for us for religious purposes. So we waited and got married. In hindsight, I wished we just married at the court house in JA and applied for the CR1 back in like June and then just had the wedding later like we did. It may not have mattered because there was so much back log last year people waited like 7 months for and NOA2. SO I guess I woulda just ended up where I am now.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hello Everyone, I just called NVC since night and asked if our case was issued an interview date. The rep said no and that August has been all schedule - sorry for the news. So of course, he said to try again next month. Crushing news!! I was looking for a date in July, then Aug, now I just don't know. Anyone else was told this? Since above jgay80 called and they told her to call back on the 18th.

Say it ain't so... :crying::crying: ...I called myself just to see if I got the same answer and yep they are done scheduling for August...can you believe this #######...so now it could be a 5 month wait for a dag on interview...this is so ridiculous ...

Gay;

They told my girlfriend that in June. I wasn't here to post it in the room. I think she called around the week of the 24th of June. She wanted an explanation and was told to call back in 2 weeks.

NVC reads a script. If you call them enough you hear it. Its the same line. Half the time they dont know what the heck they are talking about and are so busy reading that they dont listen to your specific concern. They were scheduling at the end of the month, in the beginning, etc, but they tell you from script that they are done. Its crazy that this is allowed. I just go by the embassy website to see what dates they are on.

Timeline
I've given up calling them. I think I call once a month. They tell me the same #######, that doesnt make sense. It sucks. Now I am gonna go to JA and come back with that pain in my heart from leaving my husband and spend anniversary alone and have no word from the embassy with regards to a date. :cry:

Oh well Marlita try figure out how i felt on Saturday when i had to spend my 4th anniversary all by myself....i dont think i have any tears :blush:

These people dont care about no one or how they feel. I have a friend how was denied a visa to visit her husband in Florida how got a major stroke and is unable to help himself...They people at the embassy did not even look at the documents that the hospital sent!

And then America talks about family values!!!! Bull#%@&!!

All i know....."The conclusion is God is STILL God"

You are so right God is good! I cannot beleive you have had 4 years anniversary alone. I'm so sorry to hear this. But your storey gives me a bit of encouragement to know that its still a work in progress. I have been so down lately that I had stopped praying and I know that is just the devil wiggling his way in there to get me unfocused from God. I know that God is the one who got me to this point and I could not do it without that faith. The fact that I am so down now and not praying just reaffirms my need to remain close to God during these and all times.

Timeline

Yeah that doesnt make since about them saying August was filled back in June. August hadnt even started hardly til late June. And Tymoor just got her date in July so these people are crazy. I am Trulo finished NVC in March and got a June date. I wonder if there is any special cicumstances for your friend. Well there are still april people on here waiting too, so who knows whats really going on. it has literally become about 6 months to get a date. When I first got on VJ it was 2-3 months for CR visas to get a date.

Timeline

Kish;

Girl, please don't be scared. I don't know you, but you sound like a very STRONG woman. I have more friends that are in the same sitauation, but I post everything (and for the same reasons) I don't want people to worry. I sat in the embassy for 3 hours waiting for my interview to start and I heard a lot of crazy things and I choose not to post them in the room, because I knew it would make people worry or uneasy. That's why I told people to PM me if they wanted more info and a lot of people have done so. Kingston is backed up. I could see that on the 24th. My fiance saw that when he went for his medical the place was so packed that he had to stand up to fill out his paperwork. They had over 200 plus interviews on the 24th. When things are in order an interview is suppose to last around 10mins. The problem I noticed on the 24th is people coming in with FAKE documents, not having the proper documents, problems with the filing and so on. When a person has to come back to the embassy with the proper paperwork it puts a strain on the system, because the embassy has to accommodate those people by scheduling new dates and time for those who are returning with the proper information. Is this right procedure, I'm not sure. This is what I'm told is causing the back up in Kingston. I tell you if I was to post everything I heard and witness on the 24th of June ya'll mouths would be WIDE OPEN. So, please don't be scared and I'm sorry if I placed that feeling in your head. Stay strong sis...everything is going to be a'rite.

With my girlfriend I know she had an RFE (but I can't remember for what). I don't know if that had anything to do with it taking too long.

Please tell us everything that was going on. I cant stand not knowing versus knowing, even if its not the info I want to hear. At least it gives us something. The problem now, with all of us waiting is NO ONE is telling us ANYTHING. thats the killer! You cant plan a thing. You're life is held up, you start to question your decisions and relationship, you start to argue out of frustration. Even if someone tole me my date would be in December I would be happier than now. Why? because I have something to go on. I can plan my PTO days accordingly. I can start a savings plan and make more scheduled trips to JA. I can plan to stay in JA for the Chirstmas break earlier if need be instead of wondering if I will spend Christmas alone becuase I didnt book a ticket in time and my husband visa didnt come up yet.

Its the same with anything. We are all women and women are survivors (not that men aren't). We can get bad news but we will not break. We will lift ourselves and do what we have to for our family. Yes its scary hearing these things. but being scared is a natural life reaction. It doesnt mean we cant handle it.

Timeline
Please tell us everything that was going on. I cant stand not knowing versus knowing, even if its not the info I want to hear. At least it gives us something. The problem now, with all of us waiting is NO ONE is telling us ANYTHING. thats the killer! You cant plan a thing. You're life is held up, you start to question your decisions and relationship, you start to argue out of frustration. Even if someone tole me my date would be in December I would be happier than now. Why? because I have something to go on. I can plan my PTO days accordingly. I can start a savings plan and make more scheduled trips to JA. I can plan to stay in JA for the Chirstmas break earlier if need be instead of wondering if I will spend Christmas alone becuase I didnt book a ticket in time and my husband visa didnt come up yet.

Its the same with anything. We are all women and women are survivors (not that men aren't). We can get bad news but we will not break. We will lift ourselves and do what we have to for our family. Yes its scary hearing these things. but being scared is a natural life reaction. It doesnt mean we cant handle it.

I agree with Marlita...Tre, please share what you know...I would PM you but instead of typing it some many times please share it here...I would like to know what is actually going on at Kingston embassy...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

I agree with Marlita...Tre, please share what you know...I would PM you but instead of typing it some many times please share it here...I would like to know what is actually going on at Kingston embassy...

I would like to know as well rather then speculate. Do share!

Edited by Tash

Lita/Gay;

As ya'll probably already know Kingston is a HIGH fraud post. It's no secret. Each time someone comes through the embassy with fradulent documents that requires verification of information is not diclosed it holds up the process for everyone. Remember the lady I spoke to at the airport in Baltimore (straight from the horses mouth). None of you here fall into that category, but as I sat there for hours I could see people getting denied left and right because they had FAKE marriage certificates or FAKE divorce certificates, FAKE police certificates or fake interview letters, birth certificate the list goes on. I would just hold down my head and shake it. I hear one of the COs say...this is why we're so behind today. Another thing a majority of visas coming out of Kingston are family visas I think CR/1 falls under that and ladies, people are filing for their nieces and nephews, uncles, aunts (which you can't do). This places another strain on the system. Husbands or wives show up for the interview and can't the the CO what state their spouse live in and you've been married for 4 years...give me a break. Worse yet, ya'll suppose to have 4 kids and you don't know their date of birth....3 hours is a long time to be in a room and if I could have recorded what was going in there I would have. Like Gill and others have reported, it's just crazy....SECTION C is crazy.

I wanted out of there. It just makes it hard for those who really go about it the proper way. According to the lady I spoke to at the airport, each time they get cases what are questionable it places a greater strain on the system. Especially, if the documents have to go through secondary verification or if paperwork is missing they have to reschedule another date and time for the applicant to come back. You see they had to do away with the walk in appts for the vistor visas...too many problems. I think that's why I had an attitude with the woman that did my interview and she started off with me wrong. She was at the last window and they moved her to the window I was called to. WHY......I have no friggin clue...I guess I was being interrogated. Her questions were on necessary...she was just verifying information that was on all my documents. It's like she had all the questions on a piece of paper like my case was questionable. That's why I reacted the way I did. I still can't get over the fact that I was asked 25 questions in all and my fiance was only asked 1 ******* question. I know they have a job to do, but it was just crazy.

tep aff a mi name

Kishmar, Marlita & Other Yardies,

This visa process is extremely time consuming and aggravating. This is the 21st century. Thus, there is no reason for paper trails. Documents should be scanned in to a database. Had our SO's lived in Europe some where- we would not be waiting indefinitely. Keep the faith. Try to stay active (read, exercise, catch a play/movie). If you sit idol, you'll drive yourself nuts!

No disrespect to K-1 filers, but the process is done more quickly than for married folks. There is no rhyme or reason for interview dates. NVC supposedly schedules during the second week of each month. Kingston assigns interviews for K-1 & K-3 petitioners. The bottom line is accountability. Each government agency should have to answer to a higher authority. Immigrations fees are on the rise, but the service is piss POOR.

We must all unite & voice our concerns to the appropriate government officials. Had any us of moved to Jamaica, how long would it take to obtain Jamaican citizenship or the right to work for that matter?

I sincerely hope that you are reunited with your SO's really soon.

Take care,

Kelia

Timeline

This visa process is extremely time consuming and aggravating. This is the 21st century. Thus, there is no reason for paper trails. Documents should be scanned in to a database. Had our SO's lived in Europe some where- we would not be waiting indefinitely. Keep the faith. Try to stay active (read, exercise, catch a play/movie). If you sit idol, you'll drive yourself nuts!

No disrespect to K-1 filers, but the process is done more quickly than for married folks. There is no rhyme or reason for interview dates. NVC supposedly schedules during the second week of each month. Kingston assigns interviews for K-1 & K-3 petitioners. The bottom line is accountability. Each government agency should have to answer to a higher authority. Immigrations fees are on the rise, but the service is piss POOR.

We must all unite & voice our concerns to the appropriate government officials. Had any us of moved to Jamaica, how long would it take to obtain Jamaican citizenship or the right to work for that matter?

Take care,

Kelia

I have a friend from Germany who married her Jamaican husband and she got her residency in less than a month of processing time :wacko::angry: . WTH??!!!

Take care,

Kelia

Mrs. Scott;

I wish I could find the e-mail my friend wrote to NVC and the embassy asking about her case and an interview date. It would have made you tear up...I don't think blaming the government will do much. I think the email reply was something scripted and they just cut and past it. Like I stated, a lot of family visas (mostly children) from what I noticed was being processed on the day of our interview.

I have a question what does the CR/1 include. Is it family based or just husband and wife?

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.