clairern

Yardies with case complete

644 posts in this topic

Well....they are done scheduling for October...I called to see if I was lucky enough to get a date but I wasn't...he said to call back again in October for a November date....oh well.... :blush: ....just make sure, Lita, Forbes and Tash, that you guys come back and give us the full details of what they asked and what they wanted from the time you walk in to you walk out....please.... :whistle: ....i have decided to attend my husband's interview though...i plan to do what Lita is doing and go down either the Saturday or Sunday and come back up the day of the interview....i actually don't have any vacation or personal days left but I do have one comp day for coming in on a Saturday and I have sick days left so I am going to try to see if my boss will let me use a sick and my comp day...she knows my situation so I think she will be ok with it...just as long its not any days that a lot of my coworkers are off...but for the evidence i gave hubby...I think i posted it before was just the I130 notices (NOA1 and 2)....pictures, cell phone bills, bank statements, his originals bc, mc, pc, and my bc, copies of my passport to show when i came to JA (didn't keep copies of my itiniary) and tax forms...and like one or two cards and gift receipts for things i bought him...i honestly don't think that is enough stuff which is why i want to go down...Another question I have is what are you planning to wear to the interview and what will your husband wear...I want my husband to wear black slacks and a nice solid color button down shirt with a pair of black leather loafers...is that too dressy??? :blink:

How are you going to get him in those black leather loafer? Now if they were Black suede clarks, I would say you are right on the money.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well....they are done scheduling for October...I called to see if I was lucky enough to get a date but I wasn't...he said to call back again in October for a November date....oh well.... :blush: ....just make sure, Lita, Forbes and Tash, that you guys come back and give us the full details of what they asked and what they wanted from the time you walk in to you walk out....please.... :whistle: ....i have decided to attend my husband's interview though...i plan to do what Lita is doing and go down either the Saturday or Sunday and come back up the day of the interview....i actually don't have any vacation or personal days left but I do have one comp day for coming in on a Saturday and I have sick days left so I am going to try to see if my boss will let me use a sick and my comp day...she knows my situation so I think she will be ok with it...just as long its not any days that a lot of my coworkers are off...but for the evidence i gave hubby...I think i posted it before was just the I130 notices (NOA1 and 2)....pictures, cell phone bills, bank statements, his originals bc, mc, pc, and my bc, copies of my passport to show when i came to JA (didn't keep copies of my itiniary) and tax forms...and like one or two cards and gift receipts for things i bought him...i honestly don't think that is enough stuff which is why i want to go down...Another question I have is what are you planning to wear to the interview and what will your husband wear...I want my husband to wear black slacks and a nice solid color button down shirt with a pair of black leather loafers...is that too dressy??? :blink:

Hang in there, JG. Your time is coming.

Don't stress him on the clothes. If he's comfortable in that, it sounds nice. If he's not, have him wear something he is comfortable in. Andre wore a nice pair of jeans and a button down shirt.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I want an interview date.... :crying::crying: ...sorry just being moopie...looking at all ya'll who have interview dates...its just me and jakeswife left....i guess maybe what hubby told me about the working visa being put on hold might be right...you go boy!!! :thumbs: ....thats my baby...LOL...ok i'm just bored at work... :blush: ...i still want an interview date though.... :star:

Dont worry Jgay, you're next :yes:

Well, she did say that they are still scheduling for October and to try back on Friday...keeping my fingers crossed that i get squeezed in... :innocent: ...what "evidence" did you give to hubby for the interview???...I know you can't yet for this to be over...you've been waiting for a while now.....

jgay. I am praying for you to get an interview date SOON!!! and praying dilligently :)

Thanks shrew...i'm praying that the rest of your journey will be over very soon too....can't believe this is almost over...its about time.... :thumbs:

thanks!!!! any interview news today?????? didnt she tell you to call back today??

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
I want an interview date.... :crying::crying: ...sorry just being moopie...looking at all ya'll who have interview dates...its just me and jakeswife left....i guess maybe what hubby told me about the working visa being put on hold might be right...you go boy!!! :thumbs: ....thats my baby...LOL...ok i'm just bored at work... :blush: ...i still want an interview date though.... :star:

Dont worry Jgay, you're next :yes:

Well, she did say that they are still scheduling for October and to try back on Friday...keeping my fingers crossed that i get squeezed in... :innocent: ...what "evidence" did you give to hubby for the interview???...I know you can't yet for this to be over...you've been waiting for a while now.....

jgay. I am praying for you to get an interview date SOON!!! and praying dilligently :)

Thanks shrew...i'm praying that the rest of your journey will be over very soon too....can't believe this is almost over...its about time.... :thumbs:

thanks!!!! any interview news today?????? didnt she tell you to call back today??

Nope...they are done scheduling for October dates and I didn't make the cut...so just hoping i get in for November... :thumbs: ...i guess i get to add one more month worth of "evidence"...LOL

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
Regarding your evidence, sounds like more than enough. I honestly dont remember any Yardies having to show much evidence, especially those that went to the interview with their SO. Its like over in 10 mins or less, maybe 2 mins at the window.

As far as dress. I dont think he needs to wear dressy clothes, but maybe something a bit nice. I just plan on wearing my regular clothes. Probably a sun dress cause its hot. I dont know what Evan will wear. He dresses nice when he goes to work or church but he wears ties then and I doubt, he'll wear one to this. Probably a polo style shirt and nice jeans.

Marlita, while I agree with your first paragraph, I would always suggest collecting as much evidence as possible. It would be heartbreaking to be the one person they asked for all that stuff from and not to have it. It is definately better to be overprepared in this case.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Regarding your evidence, sounds like more than enough. I honestly dont remember any Yardies having to show much evidence, especially those that went to the interview with their SO. Its like over in 10 mins or less, maybe 2 mins at the window.

As far as dress. I dont think he needs to wear dressy clothes, but maybe something a bit nice. I just plan on wearing my regular clothes. Probably a sun dress cause its hot. I dont know what Evan will wear. He dresses nice when he goes to work or church but he wears ties then and I doubt, he'll wear one to this. Probably a polo style shirt and nice jeans.

Marlita, while I agree with your first paragraph, I would always suggest collecting as much evidence as possible. It would be heartbreaking to be the one person they asked for all that stuff from and not to have it. It is definately better to be overprepared in this case.

I really have no other "evidence". I mean what else can actually PROVE my relationship? I can have as many photos and passport stamps as ever but it really doesnt mean we have a relationship. I really have never seen any yardie get drilled on eveidence....ususally the other evidence they need is the spouse or fiance showing up. I'll be there so thats the biggest evidence we have.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

I really have no other "evidence". I mean what else can actually PROVE my relationship? I can have as many photos and passport stamps as ever but it really doesnt mean we have a relationship. I really have never seen any yardie get drilled on eveidence....ususally the other evidence they need is the spouse or fiance showing up. I'll be there so thats the biggest evidence we have.

The passport stamps prove you were in the same country. It helps.

I know you stayed at hotels some of the time, any proof of that?

I've read your blog. I think you should print out it and take it. Your words tell a great story of your relationship.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

The passport stamps prove you were in the same country. It helps.

I know you stayed at hotels some of the time, any proof of that?

I've read your blog. I think you should print out it and take it. Your words tell a great story of your relationship.

We didnt really stay at hotels. Just at his house, and I always to the officer that when I came in. Its in there file on the computer. has my husbands name, address and phone number. I have passport stamps but those just say I visited JA, not that I have a relationship with my husband. The whole evidence thing is a bit flakey cause I think they just want to know you have bonafide marriage like they ask when you first file the I-130, its really simple stuff they ask for on the I-130 app. i showed a few pics and that was good enough for them.

Timeline

My husband said the same thing to me last night...i was telling him that i think our binder is kinda scranwy and he was like he doesn't really care since I will be there and thats the biggest evidence that we have...that pretty much calm down my nerves and we just started going over some questions they may ask him about me and vice versa...

US Embassy:

Timeline

My husband said the same thing to me last night...i was telling him that i think our binder is kinda scranwy and he was like he doesn't really care since I will be there and thats the biggest evidence that we have...that pretty much calm down my nerves and we just started going over some questions they may ask him about me and vice versa...

yeah, I've read a few VJ stories where too much evidence got them red flagged cause they looked like they were trying to hard. I say bring what you got, and bring yourself.

So everyone feels it's best both spouses are present together during the interview? I thought that actually gave them more opportunity to drill you more. It's not like they can ask a lot of questions especially if the person never lived with you before. So if one person is there telling how you met and such what do they have to justify that? Basically they have to go with what that person says. I only know of two people personally who went through this process recently and only the beneficiary attended the interview with no problem.

Have anyone heard of them not giving a married couple a visa, because they feel the marriage was not real, based on what evidence. Now, I realize they can deny for any reason, but if two people have made the committment but haven't actual lived together what will they be looking for?

Technically, you can't add that individual to anything here in the Us w/o SS#, and even if you add them to your health Insurance, most policies state that they must be a residence of the US.

Timeline

I haven't seen any married couples being denied for a visa in the Yardie Fam because of COs thinking their marriage is a fraud...but in my case I've decided to go just because I feel that it will be the best and my husband really really wants me to be there...he's pretty shy and I've seen him getting nervous...not a pretty sight...LOL...he will start stuttering and it will take him a minute to get one word out...its the cutiest thing...when we were getting married he was soo nervous that he misspelled his first name on the Marriage Certificate and he had to go all the way down to Kingston with the pastor to fix it...lucky think i decided not to wait for the original certificate and mailed in the copy that we get from the pastor when i filed the I-130...the pastor had to go too because he misspelled my husband's first name as well...My husband has a very unique name...but back to topic I'm going so my husband's nerves will be somewhat calm and he will feel much better with me there...I do think if the beneficiary is alone they have as much of a chance of getting through as one who came with their spouse...I only really saw COs in Kingston Embassy blue slip fiance(e)'s visas to have the fiance(e) come down for a second interview...but not marriage visas...maybe if they see like a huge age gap or something they might ask for the spouse to come down but I don't really see no other reasons...

US Embassy:

Timeline

You are right, not much the person can acquire here without SSN. If they have an ITIN then maybe but its a hassle. I dont personally know of any Yardies who were in a tru relationship getting denied. I do know that most all the interview reviews come back saying that they didnt ask to much evidence at all. They asked both parties questions on how they met so and so and those are easy enough to answer. I know Lawny got drilled cause she is Jamaican and maybe they thought it was a set up or something cause that does happen. I PERSONALLY think its best to go to the interview if you can. Most times I hear of issues happening is when the SO is NOT present vs when they are. Now its still all good to not go, just prepare your spouse with all the paperwork they may need, and just tell them about some of the stuff you learn here on VJ, is all I think.

Timeline

Member Name --- Visa ---- Date Case Complete --- Interview Assigned on --- Interview Date

Tash----------- CR1 ---------- 04/15/08 -------------- 09/12/08 ------------- 10/21/08

Forbes2006----- CR1 ---------- 04/18/08 -------------- 09/16/08 ------------- 10/21/08

Kishmar-------- IR1 ---------- 04/25/08 -------------- AUG ???? ------------- SEPT ???

Marlita-------- CR1 ---------- 05/08/08 -------------- 09/12/08 ------------- 10/21/08

Jgay----------- CR1 ---------- 06/18/08 -------------- xx/xx/xx ------------- xx/xx/xx

JamaicanMeCrazy CR1 ---------- 06/24/08 -------------- xx/xx/xx ------------- xx/xx/xx

Jakeswife------ CR1 ---------- 07/16/08 -------------- xx/xx/xx ------------- xx/xx/xx

SunnyJA-------- K1 ----------- 07/28/08 -------------- 09/05/08 ------------- 10/07/08

Jamericanlove-- CR1 ---------- EXPEDITE -------------- 08/11/08 ------------- 09/02/08

Bailey402------ K3 ----------- EXPEDITE -------------- 08/04/08 ------------- 09/30/08

Update for JamaicanMeCrazy

Edited by Marlita

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.