forgiven

Does anyone live in Davao that can help my girl friend?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
she is having such a difficult time getting her passport and a correct birth certificate. I'm unable to help her and everything is so confused and messed up.

Please IM if you can help

There are members here who are from Davao. I suggest that she goes to the appropriate government agency and ask for advice on what to do to fix her birth certificate and do it one step at a time.

-Riza

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

she is having such a difficult time getting her passport and a correct birth certificate. I'm unable to help her and everything is so confused and messed up.

What is exactly the problem?

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Timeline
What is exactly the problem?

I presume, this link : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123807

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

I am from Tagum, a city north of Davao but I will be going to NSO in Davao city Monday or Wednesday next week... if you want I can accompany your gf, just pm me her contact number and i will contact her a day before I go to davao. I won't be able to do much for her but I could help her ask for the right course of action at the NSO office.

It is not really that hard to correct those discrepancies in her BC. Yes it will take time and cost a little but if she follows all the instruction from the NSO people, shed be able to fix everything up soonest. Just tell her to have the patience to go through it all on her own and not let an agent do it for her, it will be faster and will save her a lot of bucks. Plus she will be rewarded with a great sense of accomplishment.

BTW, what was the deal with the travel agent she contacted for her passport? Did they give her a refund or will they not charge her another $$$ once she gets her BC in order? If they will ask for additional fee to process her passport again better ask her to demand a refund and she just have to do the passport processing herself. She just needs to be at DFA very early, say 3 or 4am and she will be out by 8:30 or 9am.. that is just a small sacrifice that will even save her some bucks.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

I've been through hell working with my b'certi. too during my k1 process. I was born in manila but basically raised in Cebu City. When I filed for an NSO copy it turns out that my name wasn't registered in their system so I had to write the Registrar's office in Caloocan to pass a copy of my birth certificate to NSO (ASAP). 2 months later still nothing and had to do a follow up letter until they sent me a green paper with an nso prints and signatures to prove that it's a certified copy and worst thing was my name was mispelled and there was a note attached that they couldn't find the original copy and if I want a correction of name I have to pay for it. Though I was so devastated I had to send another letter again this time with our spare copy of the original document that my mom had requested from manila 11 years ago for my college requirements. Got a response from registrar's office in caloocan stated that they have checked their files and found out that they have submitted my b'certi. to NSO way back around 2000. And so, without any delay, wrote a letter to NSO (and with the help of some good samaritan) after a week, I got my NSO copy of b'certi. There was still a discrepancy though (both nso and registrar copy), my mother's first name in my b'certi. isn't the same as on hers. But it didn't cause any trouble with the process or on my interview or whatsoever.

Edited by sweetpink

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Try getting a NSO BC online.

Cost a bit but it worked for us. Copies we got from her local NSO office were unreadable. Ones we got online were clear!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

why not try consulting the lawyer in the local civil registrar's office on what should be done. had a problem with my bc. consulted our local civil registrar and he was a big help. my bc got fixed within a month. maybe you can ask your girl to try it out. jsut a suggestion.

Timeline

I sent you and private message to give you contact info for my g/f. Thanks so much.

I am from Tagum, a city north of Davao but I will be going to NSO in Davao city Monday or Wednesday next week... if you want I can accompany your gf, just pm me her contact number and i will contact her a day before I go to davao. I won't be able to do much for her but I could help her ask for the right course of action at the NSO office.

It is not really that hard to correct those discrepancies in her BC. Yes it will take time and cost a little but if she follows all the instruction from the NSO people, shed be able to fix everything up soonest. Just tell her to have the patience to go through it all on her own and not let an agent do it for her, it will be faster and will save her a lot of bucks. Plus she will be rewarded with a great sense of accomplishment.

BTW, what was the deal with the travel agent she contacted for her passport? Did they give her a refund or will they not charge her another $$$ once she gets her BC in order? If they will ask for additional fee to process her passport again better ask her to demand a refund and she just have to do the passport processing herself. She just needs to be at DFA very early, say 3 or 4am and she will be out by 8:30 or 9am.. that is just a small sacrifice that will even save her some bucks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What's the problem of her birth certificate? Are there any discrepancies of the spelling or wrong entries? Then she has to go to the Local Civil registry to file for petition for correction. The local civil registry office will process the correction papers until such time that the certificate of finality will be issued then. These documents are necessary to correct or have annotations of her birth certificate.

If her problem is to have a birth certificate in security paper, which is a requirement for filing a passport, try to visit this website www.ecensus.com.ph/

You can request a birth certificate in 3 days time for Php 300 only.

Good luck!

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

I suggest that your gf go to the Local Civil Registrar of the place where she was born and obtain a certified copy of her birth certificate from such office or let her relative get one since she is already in Davao and she was born in General Santos City. Whatever the discrepancies are, she can then compare the NSO document from the LCR document. Tell her to bring both documents to the NSO nearest her and ask for advice on what to do next. If the entries in the NSO copy are not legible then the LCR copy can be a good reference if there is a need to file a petition in court.

For purposes of correcting entries in the birth certificate it depends what kind of mistake is reflected therein. For example, if the error is substantive like date of births, mispelled names such that the discrepancy actually changes the correct entry, I believe she has to go to court to correct the same. Even a mispelled middle name on the BC has to be corrected by filing a petition before the court.

Goodluck on the journey.

Myla

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline

You can go on line to get birth cert. You need to have Birth Cert. before you can get a passport. Here is the website to get document from the Philippines; https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

Good luck my Finacee' was approved today (4/24/2008) for her visa. God Bless.

OUR Time Line;

Nov 4, 2004 Met on YM Pool Game Chat room

Dec 30, 2005 Surprized her with our 1st meeting in person

Dec 31, 2005/Jan 1, 2006 Got Engaged

Jan 10, 2006 Had my 56th Birthday party in Philippines

Jan 11, 2006 Left the go come back Home

Mar 20, 2006 Found out Sonia was Pregnant

Oct 7, 2006 Our son was born

Nov 5, 2006 Arrived in the Philippine for a visit

Nov 11, 2006 Had our son Basptized

Nov 19, 2006 Left the Philippines again

July 31, 2007 Mailed inI 129 F was mailed in

Aug 13, 2007 Received

Sep 25, 2007 I 797 Notice of Action Mailed out

Feb 25, 2008 NAO2 has been approve sent to Manila.

Mar. 31, 2008 Made phone call about interview set dates

Apr. 15, 2008 Medical Exam St. Luke (GOOD TO GO!!!!!)

Apr. 24, 2008 Interview(APPROVED AND WAITING VISA)

Jun. 6, 2008 Finally got Visa at about VISA[/size]

Aug. 05, 2008 On a jet plane head for the Philippines to get my family

Aug. 06, , 2008 we are together again

AUGUST 19, 2008 POE Seattle, WA.

NOV. 8, 2008 Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.