captainjeff228

what if the visa expires

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe someone out there can help us out.We have been waiting for months to get the visa.Here is were the trouble starts.She is now 8 months pregnant which would have been no trouble but she had to have the sputum test done.Thank god very thing was ok.She can not fly now and the baby is going to be here the last week of May.The visa expires in June. We have been told it will take up to 2 months to get the babies passport.This is driving us crazy.Will they extend the visa for us or are we going to have to start all over?It was a great feeling for her to get the visa but now we are worried again.

[*]I-129 MAILED 06/15/2007

[*]RECEIVED 6/18/2007

[*]NOA2 10/25/2007

[*]NVC RECEIVED 11/19/2007

[*]LEFT NVC 11/21/2007

[*]CALLED EMBASSY AND GOT THE DATES 12/09/2007

[*]EARLY MEDICAL IN JANUARY

[*]INTERVIEW DATE 02/06/2007 7:30AM

[*]First day of the medical 01/16/2008 After months of waiting got approved 4/16/2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You actually have the visa? You were just approved according to your timeline on 4/16

You need to ask the consulate... they are the ones with the answer...

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Hello Captain Jeff. I wondered where you have been. Sorry to hear about the sputum testing. Congratulations on the soon to be addition to the family.

I believe your fiancee has 6 months to enter the US, then then 90 days to get married. I did not have time to verify the 6 months, but somebody on the K1 thread or even pushbrk should be able to answer this question.

Calling the US Embassy at 011-632-301-2000 press 7 ext 5184 is also good plan. I find it best to call the consulate office shortly after 7:30 AM Manila time.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Naturalization

4/4/14 - check cashed

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

I would check with the embassy about getting an extension. My wife had to have the sputum test and missed her first interview. Once she was cleared and had her interview, her visa expired six months from her medical, not her interview, so I would definitely check what is the proper procedure.

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiance received her visa in November 2007 and it was only valid for four months. If you are unable to get an extension for the K1 you may want to consider leaving the child with relatives for a short time. If you immediately marry upon her entry in the US and file for the AOS with advance parole you can expect to receive the advance parole document in approximately 60 - 70 days. Maybe not the best option since she wont want to leave the baby but you would have to start all over again with the K1 if the extension is denied.

My Fiance received her visa in November 2007 and it was only valid for four months. If you are unable to get an extension for the K1 you may want to consider leaving the child with relatives for a short time. If you immediately marry upon her entry in the US and file for the AOS with advance parole you can expect to receive the advance parole document in approximately 60 - 70 days. Maybe not the best option since she wont want to leave the baby but you would have to start all over again with the K1 if the extension is denied.

K-1 Visa is valid for six months. this is in Embassy website. I have link to the page in my sig.

What if the fiancé(e) must delay their arrival in the U.S.?

The K-1 visa is valid for a maximum of six months. If the visa bearer is unable to leave for the United States immediately and the visa expires, a new one may be issued upon written request to the Embassy and the payment of another application and processing fee of U.S. $500.

as others have said, contact the Embassy

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

this is what the US embassy in manila says: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3221.html

Validity of visas Generally, an immigrant visa is valid for six (6) months from the date of issuance. The validity of a visa, however, may also be limited because of medical restrictions or other reasons. If an applicant knows that departure will not be possible within this period, he or she should request to have the interview moved to a later date. The Embassy does not extend the validity of an issued visa. However, an expired visa may be replaced if the applicant is able to demonstrate that his/her ability to use the visa was due to circumstances beyond his/her control. If an applicant is determined to be eligible for a replacement visa, he/she will be asked to update his record and will be charged the applicable consular fees.

To request a replacement visa, the expired visa needs to be surrendered at the Embassy with a letter explaining the reasons why the visa was not used.

for the additional visa replacement/extension fee pls refer to this page of USEM site: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

What if the fiancé(e) must delay their arrival in the U.S.? The K-1 visa is valid for a maximum of six months. If the visa bearer is unable to leave for the United States immediately and the visa expires, a new one may be issued upon written request to the Embassy and the payment of another application and processing fee of U.S. $500.

I guess your case qualifies for the "circumstances beyond your control" so you would qualify for the visa extension. Just call/infrom the USEM of the situation right away.

Everything will be fine... you have so many reason for celebration and an angel on the way is another great reason to celebrate.

I wish you the best and happiness always. God bless you. (F)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

Thanks everyone,My wife to be told me the visa expires in june.I have not seen it so i am hoping she read it wrong.It is good to have friends out there who understand what it is like going through all of this.Good look to all of you. edp333 it has been awhile. my computer crashed and with every thing going on i did not spend the money to get a new one.How did your interview go? i hope you got good news.

[*]RECEIVED 6/18/2007

[*]NOA2 10/25/2007

[*]LEFT NVC 11/21/2007

[*]First day of the medical 01/16/2008 After months of waiting got approved 4/16/2008

Timeline

I don't really have any advice, but I hope that everything will work for you and your wife. It'll be fine!

I'll be sure to keep you all in my prayers.

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Timeline
You actually have the visa? You were just approved according to your timeline on 4/16

Yes we have the visa in hand now.I am going to talk to her today about leaving the baby over there with her family for a couple of months so we do not have to go through all this stuff again.The embassy will not extend the visa i talked to them last night.Thanks everybody for the help. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

[*]RECEIVED 6/18/2007

[*]NOA2 10/25/2007

[*]LEFT NVC 11/21/2007

Jeff, I looked at my wife's K3 visa today and it was only valid for 90 days. I wonder why USEM has changed the length of the visa without notifying anyone?

Naturalization

4/4/14 - check cashed

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

K-1 Visa is valid for six months. this is in Embassy website. I have link to the page in my sig.

The K-1 visa is valid for a maximum of six months. If the visa bearer is unable to leave for the United States immediately and the visa expires, a new one may be issued upon written request to the Embassy and the payment of another application and processing fee of U.S. $500.

Thanks! I have added the K1 VISA EXPIRATION information to Section 4.3 of the Manila Embass K1 Visa Guide. This was a great question...

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Yes we have the visa in hand now.I am going to talk to her today about leaving the baby over there with her family for a couple of months so we do not have to go through all this stuff again.The embassy will not extend the visa i talked to them last night.Thanks everybody for the help. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Thanks! I have added the K1 VISA EXPIRATION information to Section 4.3 of the Manila Embass K1 Visa Guide. This was a great question...

unfortunately, Captainjeff was told by the Embassy his fiance's visa could not be reissued. I guess it applys only under certain conditions. anybody in this situation should definately contact the Embassy. I'd tell them where it says on the website the visa can be reissued ( last update 4/14/2008) hopefully an explanation is given if it is not posssible.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.