Heinz Baked Beans

127 posts in this topic

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

This thread is hilarious. :lol:

though, the like...'complete breakfast' in a can stuff though, with beans and sausage and egg and TOAST and god knows. Don't dare try that :lol:

OMG, that stuff is disgusting! I actually brought a bunch of those back home as gifts because they were so like .... "#######?" :lol:

Some of them have grocery sections too. I guess maybe the closest UK equal I have seen is ASDA?? But not sure.

Nah. Not quite like an ASDA. That's more Walmartyish. But the Super Targets have a GREAT prepared food section! :dance:

Target offers great low cost, but quality shopping opportunities in every city in the US! A very upscale version of WalMart. Try it, you'll love it!

And CLEAN! So clean it positively sparkles! And no giant lineups at nasty filthy cramped cash registers! And no weird trailer park people in pyjamas who bring their little kids shopping in the middle of the night like they're on an outing at the local fairground. Did I mention it's clean? ^_^

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Timeline
Target offers great low cost, but quality shopping opportunities in every city in the US! A very upscale version of WalMart. Try it, you'll love it!

And CLEAN! So clean it positively sparkles! And no giant lineups at nasty filthy cramped cash registers! And no weird trailer park people in pyjamas who bring their little kids shopping in the middle of the night like they're on an outing at the local fairground. Did I mention it's clean? ^_^

There's not a Target in every city in the US. The closest one to us is 80 miles away.

I do think there's probably a WalMart everywhere.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I should really bring some of those breakfasts in a can home as gifts, great idea :lol: Did anyone actually try them though? I wanna know who eats them. I bet my dad would...

Man...Target's so overrated. It is cleaner but I think the quality of the products and the number of sweatshops is probably just as high as Walmart's, so I kind of resent that they're trying to pretend to be better based on looks and image alone. And they don't have nearly as much selection. I'll take my trailer trash walmart anyday :P

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Timeline
I should really bring some of those breakfasts in a can home as gifts, great idea :lol: Did anyone actually try them though? I wanna know who eats them. I bet my dad would...

Don't bring too many. They weigh a ton. :lol: I know a couple of people who ate them. But they were hung over and would have eaten anything anyway. My Cousins put them on display on their bar. I mean, who doesn't want a can of Full Monty as a conversation starter? :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

There's not a Target in every city in the US. The closest one to us is 80 miles away.

I do think there's probably a WalMart everywhere.

Well, that's a real shame RJ! 80 miles to get to Target?? What a total bummer! Hopefully they'll build one nearer to you soon!!

I don't care what SnowyTater says, I (L)(L)(L) Target!!! :D(L)(L)(L):P

The cleanliness factor should not be so lightly dismissed!!

WalMart has great buys (but at what price?), but I agree with Krikit...it seems to attract some questionable clientele!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I love heinz beans and I didn't think I would find any that tasted the same.... BUT I bought some Bush beans... They were a certain flavour.. I can't think what now! But they really didn't taste all that different! They could have been the original ones...

And yes... We do like talking about food :D Not as much as duvets though :dance:

So true - and I love it! This is the oddest forum, but I like to think it reflects what is truly important in the average Briton's life. :P

Well, I am glad I could bring about this discussion on such a relevant and important topic....thank you all so much for your insightful, timely commentary on this hot-button issue....I clearly came to the right place!

If any of you are ever interested in lively debate over Tim Horton's coffee and the lack of US equivilant, the wonder of never-ending soda refills, the weather, or the correct way to spell things or use your knife and fork, please feel free to venture over to the Canadian forum.

:lol: :lol:

Am I the ONLY person that doesn't actually mind Walmart? :unsure:

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

A whole fresh supply arrived from the UK packed into my sons suitcase when he came for a visit.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Okay, I just got some at World Market. They only had two tins left and they were dented and they were $1.79 each but I still bought them. And I am eating some RIGHT NOW on toast and they are delicious. I also bought a Turkish Delight which I ate immediately in the car despite my "only eat chocolate at home" rule. You can only get that at specialty shops in Canada too, so it was an extra treat.

I kind of agree with what someone said earlier about Target being kind of just a bit glossier than Walmart with fancy marketing, and cleaner, but not *really* that different (maybe a bit trendier stuff) but I don't care, I still love, love, love it:). I can spend hours in there and I often do, since I'm not yet working. Sad, right??

Concurrent I-130 and AOS

Nov 30 2007 - I enter US as a tourist to spend the ski season with my sweetie and figure out what we both want outta life - we plan on ending up in Canada, but...

Jan 30 2008 - We get married in Vegas! We decide to stay in the US.

Feb 08 2008 - File I-130, I-485, AP and EAD

Feb 11 2008 - Package arrives in Chicago

Feb 19 2008 - Receive NOA 1 for everything except I-485. NOA date Feb 15th

Feb 19 2008 - Touch I-130, AP, EAD

Feb 21 2008 - Receive I-485 NOA 1. NOA Date Feb 15th

Feb 22 2008 - Receive Biometrics notice, dated Feb 20th, for appointment March 11th

Feb 27 2008 - Walk in to Denver field office and have Biometrics taken early as the 11th March I'll be away

Apr 16 2008 - EAD card production ordered

Apr 16 2008 - AP approval sent

Apr 21 2008 - AP received in mail

Apr 21 2008 - EAD card production email received again - strange

Apr 24 2008 - EAD card approval notice sent email

Apr 26 2008 - EAD card received

May 03 2008 - Interview notice received -June 27th

May 22 2008 - Touch on I-485

June 09 2008 - I-130 finally shows up online and shows a touch that day, so does I-485

Jun 27 2008 - Interview - approved, stamped, received card production email. Ya-hoo!!!!

July 10 2008 - Card received

Total time from filing - approval: 4.5 months

MOVED TO SAN DIEGO!!

Lifting of Conditions

June 11 2010 - Package mailed

June 16 2010 - NOA date

July 2 2010 - Bio letter received - July 27th date

July 9 2010 - Early biometrics walk in San Marcos CA

Sept 16 2010 - Card production ordered

I should really bring some of those breakfasts in a can home as gifts, great idea :lol: Did anyone actually try them though? I wanna know who eats them.

My husband, for one. Or at least he used to, when we first met him, and before I started feeding him up on home cooked meals. He lived on a total, utter bachelor diet -- everything was either from a tin or a plastic tub that needed microwaving, with the exception of crisps, Kit Kats and white bread for toasting. Then I kidnapped him and started feeding him vegetables, only slightly against his will. And I swear I saw at least one tin of Full English Breakfast in his cupboard before I removed him forcibly into domestic bliss. :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I love heinz beans and I didn't think I would find any that tasted the same.... BUT I bought some Bush beans... They were a certain flavour.. I can't think what now! But they really didn't taste all that different! They could have been the original ones...

And yes... We do like talking about food :D Not as much as duvets though :dance:

So true - and I love it! This is the oddest forum, but I like to think it reflects what is truly important in the average Briton's life. :P

Well, I am glad I could bring about this discussion on such a relevant and important topic....thank you all so much for your insightful, timely commentary on this hot-button issue....I clearly came to the right place!

If any of you are ever interested in lively debate over Tim Horton's coffee and the lack of US equivilant, the wonder of never-ending soda refills, the weather, or the correct way to spell things or use your knife and fork, please feel free to venture over to the Canadian forum.

:lol: :lol:

Am I the ONLY person that doesn't actually mind Walmart? :unsure:

Yes :) Its a horrible place! They just built one in my town (right next to 3 other grocery stores AND target). Now I live in a fairly nice area, no sizeable population of trashy people as described above. However, I ventured in one day for something and every person in there was in their PJ's slippers and dragging dirty looking children around. I dont know where they all came from! And if you need Tim's, come visit. We have one 10 min from my house! But to be fair I live 45 min from the border :) We need to make a trip up for some Smarties for my husband :)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I have a feeling I'm going to need to stock up on Heinz Beans before Sarah gets here, else there may be serious consequences!!!!!

I bought the Heinz veggie beans last shopping trip, and I don't think they're quite the same (a bit darker in color), but they're fairly decent.

What *I* want, is Irn Bru!!!!!!! They're slowly bringing it over to the states, but I read they had to change it a bit to keep it FDA approved...which is sad, because I loves me IRN BRU!

And Nando's...how I miss Nando's. I was going to buy some of their sauce, but the world markets around here only carry the medium...but luckily I can buy it online! :joy

Also, there's a site - www.britishdelights.com that has a TON of stuff (not just food!) from England.

K1 Visa Process:

I-129F Sent : 2008-05-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-05-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-10-01

NVC Received : 2008-10-03

NVC Left : 2008-10-21

Consulate Received : 2008-10-24

Packet 3 Received : 2008-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-11-10

Packet 4 Received : 2008-12-04

Interview Date : 2009-01-13 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-11

AOS:

Date Filed : 2009-04-14

NOA Date : 2009-04-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-04-30

AOS Transfer: 2009-05-06

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-08-07 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Greencard Received: 2009-08-21

ROC:

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-07-22

NOA Date : 2011-07-25

Bio. Appt. : 2011-08-25

Approved : 2011-10-21 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received : 2011-10-26

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.