simplygem

Statistics (Port of Entry Difficulty)

14 posts in this topic

Hi all.... I was looking at the difficulty ratings on different POE's and I was wondering if anyone out there ever used Las Vegas and if so, what was their experience? :secret: I found a good price on airfare for my Gem from Manila, stopping in Canada and continuing to Las Vegas. Then transfer to another carrier from Vegas to Florida. I found many airports listed in the statistics section of this website, but none for Las Vegas. Thanks.Frank

December 13, 07 - Filed I129F

December 14, 07 - Received 1st NOA

January 17,2008 - Touched

February 17,2008 - Touched

March 13, 2008- Touched again!

March 16,2008- Received NOA2 via email

March 19,2008- Left NVC, received case number. On its way to the USE in Manila

March 27,2008- Paperwork received at the embassy in Manila

May 7, 2008- Medical review at St. Luke. Additional tests required.

May 29, 2008- Interview postponed :(

July 23, 2008 - Finished Medical at St. Luke

July 28, 2008 - Interviewed at US Embassy

July 31, 2008 - Received visa

August 16,2008 - Fly to USA ( Portland, Oregon as POE)

September 19th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS

March 17, 2009 - Sent in the package through USPS

March 19, 2009 - Received at the Chicago Lockbox

March 25, 2009 - Received NOA1

March 27, 2009 - Received Biometrics appointment letter

April 14, 2009 - Received a notice that case was transferred to CSC

April 17, 2009 - Biometrics appoiment at 8:00 am

April 30, 2009 - Touched

May 1, 2009 - Touched

May 5, 2009 - Approved AP and EAD

May 11, 2009 - Received AP

May 12, 2009 - Approved AOS

May 14, 2009 - Received EAD Card

May 16, 2009 - Received Welcome Notice thru mail

June 8, 2009 - Received greencard....finally! :)

ROC

Feb 22,2011 - Submitted I751

Aug 23,2011 - Approved I751

Aug 25,2011 - Received GC

Hi all.... I was looking at the difficulty ratings on different POE's and I was wondering if anyone out there ever used Las Vegas and if so, what was their experience? :secret: I found a good price on airfare for my Gem from Manila, stopping in Canada and continuing to Las Vegas. Then transfer to another carrier from Vegas to Florida. I found many airports listed in the statistics section of this website, but none for Las Vegas. Thanks.Frank

to be honest, for as long as you've got the right documents with you, i dont think it will be hard for you to enter the US... all the questions that they will ask are all about related to the visa and some other questions on where your SO lives or his/her name... small facts to prove who you are... questions plus finger scanning/pic taking usually takes from 5-15 mins (minimum)... you'll be fine! just give the officer a big big smile :D good luck and God bless!!!

im not 100% accurate though lol... just being honest :P peace

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Las Vegas is a simple POE. Its small, not crowded, and easy to navigate. If she is continuing on she will need to transfer from the international terminal to the domestic terminal. But its easier than dealing with LAX or San Francisco in my opinion.

I chose it for Gretchen's POE over LAX and it was a great decision. The only bummer is the 1.5 hour layover in Vancouver. You sit in a room with a few candy machines and a drink machine. you cant access the airport itself to get food or drinks. Still Vegas is an easy POE.

Chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm very excited to that POE..soon i will be coming to US..and experience that..,my question is i will hand carry my x-ray film result and the Vaccines papers together with my documents from USem that they will send me?

September 04,07 = sent I-129F

October 10,07 = received acceptant notice

January 28,08 = received approval notice

Feberuary 12,08 = received case #

February 25,08 = appointment online

March 7,08 = Received packet 4

March 28,08 =appointment in St. Luke (medical )

(PASSED)...Glory to GOD

April 4,08 = appointment in US embassy (interview)

(PASSED)...Thank you LORD

May 19,08 =Visa on Hand

May 24,08 = flight to Colorado USA ,POE (LAX)

Aug. 16,08 = Garden Wedding (GLORY TO GOD)

Sept. 2, 08=Applied AOS

Sept. 10,08= received Biometric appointment

Oct. 2, 08= Biometric

"LiFe cAn gIvE uS a hUndRed rEasOnS tO :-( CRY!

bUt JESUS cAn gIvE LiFe a tHouSanD rEasOns tO :-) sMiLe!"

Timeline
i'm very excited to that POE..soon i will be coming to US..and experience that..,my question is i will hand carry my x-ray film result and the Vaccines papers together with my documents from USem that they will send me?

Just hand carry it ,in case they will ask for it...

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Wow, thats great news about Vegas..I know about the layover in Canada but I was also looking at the one change of airplanes. Mostly all of the ones I seen so far involved 2 changes of aircraft. The Philippine airline flight I seen originates in Manila and terminates in Vegas with the stop in Canada. Then the switch to USAirways nonstop Vegas to Tampa. I think it will be easier and less confusing for her. Thanks again for you input on Vegas...Frank

AOS

April 30, 2009 - Touched

May 1, 2009 - Touched

ROC

Timeline
Wow, thats great news about Vegas..I know about the layover in Canada but I was also looking at the one change of airplanes. Mostly all of the ones I seen so far involved 2 changes of aircraft. The Philippine airline flight I seen originates in Manila and terminates in Vegas with the stop in Canada. Then the switch to USAirways nonstop Vegas to Tampa. I think it will be easier and less confusing for her. Thanks again for you input on Vegas...Frank

Your welcome.

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ahh okey thanks for the info chris4gretchen.. Godbless ....goodnight

September 04,07 = sent I-129F

October 10,07 = received acceptant notice

January 28,08 = received approval notice

Feberuary 12,08 = received case #

February 25,08 = appointment online

March 7,08 = Received packet 4

March 28,08 =appointment in St. Luke (medical )

(PASSED)...Glory to GOD

April 4,08 = appointment in US embassy (interview)

(PASSED)...Thank you LORD

May 19,08 =Visa on Hand

May 24,08 = flight to Colorado USA ,POE (LAX)

Aug. 16,08 = Garden Wedding (GLORY TO GOD)

Sept. 2, 08=Applied AOS

Sept. 10,08= received Biometric appointment

Oct. 2, 08= Biometric

"LiFe cAn gIvE uS a hUndRed rEasOnS tO :-( CRY!

bUt JESUS cAn gIvE LiFe a tHouSanD rEasOns tO :-) sMiLe!"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, my POE is Las Vegas Mc Carran International Airport, and i haven't had any problem.... its a very fast and hassle free POE... the officers are very friendly and very helpful. But i dont know about the transfer to another carrier.... have a safe trip!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They didn't asked for my x-ray film at the POE but just in case hand carry it together with your Visa Package that the USembassy will send you.

I know nothing on POE.

I do know that is the flight I try to take from USA to PI when I fly.

I can not stand Los Angeles airport, it is over crowded. Rude people, Just a mess in my opinion.

I have flown into San Fransico also, it's good.

IT is my perfered flight. Vegas to Vancover (refuel plane for one hour, that make you stay in contained room with no exit to general public), then about an hour later you load up back on plane and fly to PI.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know nothing on POE.

I can not stand Los Angeles airport, it is over crowded. Rude people, Just a mess in my opinion.

IT is my perfered flight. Vegas to Vancover (refuel plane for one hour, that make you stay in contained room with no exit to general public), then about an hour later you load up back on plane and fly to PI.

Frank:

My fiancee has her interview on May 15th. I live in Brandon, just outside of Tampa. I have always flown Northwest, Tampa to Detroit, to Manila. The price is just getting ridiculous. I have 70,000 miles saved up and can't find a way to use them to get her over here. That flight is always full or close to it. I am just starting to look at other options. Did you find a good deal on a ticket? One way? What airline? Thanks!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys

thanks you for the information.My interview was last April 4 im part of those who been to AR problem.But im headed to Las Vegas.

This information is very fit and good for me as I know that It will only take 1.5 hours on for fuel.I will tell my fiancee to get me a direct flight from Manila to las vegas now.

Thanks again and God bless

JOY

• 2 weeks later...

I know nothing on POE.

Frank:

My fiancee has her interview on May 15th. I live in Brandon, just outside of Tampa. I have always flown Northwest, Tampa to Detroit, to Manila. The price is just getting ridiculous. I have 70,000 miles saved up and can't find a way to use them to get her over here. That flight is always full or close to it. I am just starting to look at other options. Did you find a good deal on a ticket? One way? What airline? Thanks!

tampamike:

I have found a travel agency that offers a flight from manila - narita(refuel)- detroit - tampa

for 1080usd/42,000pesos (taxes included) NWA. The agent told me that the price is until May 31st. And there is 20usd less if purchased in advance. It used to be 950usd when I called them last week of April.

My fiance is going to call the agency to confirm the airfare I got. He plans on sending me the money and I'll go and buy it myself.

Edited by simplygem

AOS

April 30, 2009 - Touched

May 1, 2009 - Touched

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.