Mr. Klocek

Financial Support Affidavit question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I worked outside the US for the last 2 1/2 years (which is where I met my sweetheart) and so don't really have much to show on my taxes. I never claimed any my foreign income. It is not illegal for me to omit the earnings under the tax law so I have done nothing wrong. But I am worried that my affidavit of support will not fly. I have plenty of bank records that show sufficient earnings but my actual US earnings were on average about $300 per month. Should I line up a co-sponsor now, just in case? I plan to file my I-129 packet in the next couple days!

- Met in a Kuwait coffee shop: 2007-09-09

- Had 1st date (Chinese food): 2007-10-27

- Had fallen hopelessly in love: 2008-02-14

- I-129F sent off to CVC: 2008-04-21

- I-129F NOA1 received: 2008-04-22

- Check cashed by CVC: 2008-04-23

- I-129F NOA2 received: 2008-09-03

- I-129F left NVC for MNL: 2008-09-11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Yikes, thats a tough one. They really like the tax return idea. It is good proof of income. You can also get a certified letter from your bank showing all the deposits you made in the past year. I had to do this as well. I don't know how they will respond to you showing earnings that were not taxed even if it was legal. Do you plan to work in the states now or still abroad?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Yikes, thats a tough one. They really like the tax return idea. It is good proof of income. You can also get a certified letter from your bank showing all the deposits you made in the past year. I had to do this as well. I don't know how they will respond to you showing earnings that were not taxed even if it was legal. Do you plan to work in the states now or still abroad?

I really want us to stay together. That's why I am going through this process, so we can stay together even if it is overseas. I need to get her at least US residency. I have lined up a co-sponsor already. Hopefully that will smooth things out.

I really want us to stay together. That's why I am going through this process, so we can stay together even if it is overseas. I need to get her at least US residency. I have lined up a co-sponsor already. Hopefully that will smooth things out.

Sounds like you did the right thing getting a co sponsor.

To me you are doing the WRONG thing by going with the K3 instead of the CR-1. They both work but the CR-1 is a MUCH MUCH better visa in all ways.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Sounds like you did the right thing getting a co sponsor.

To me you are doing the WRONG thing by going with the K3 instead of the CR-1. They both work but the CR-1 is a MUCH MUCH better visa in all ways.

I am doing a K-1. I don't know why the system insists on displaying K-3 (my timeline says K-1). My only regret now is NOT pretending that I lived with my sister in Chicago so that I could use VSC rather than CSC. That would have cut the processing time in half!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.