Army_Wife

Expedite Denied

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm so sorry Sarah....:(

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation. You are right, it is very sad that all of us here on VJ understand and feel a lot of the same hurt and its too bad!

We must pray for light at the end of the tunnel.

May your grandmother-in-law Rest in eternal peace.

May your family continue being strong for one another also

Peace

3493.gif

Filed: Timeline
I'm just beginning to get my head around it now, and thought I'd post about an expedite denial.

My Husband sadly lost his Grandmother a couple of weeks ago, which happens as we all know, but she was more like his mother.

I loved her dearly, but obviously didn't attend the funeral due to being stuck in England waiting for this laborious process to end (not enough documented ties to risk POE).

This being hard enough to deal with, his Aunt who is also very close has now been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has a couple of months to live.

Obviously, we tried to expedite .... internally via the USCIS Military Helpline .... we didn't think it was possible, but the USCIS officer who dealt with us personally put together the request immediately and said it shouldn't be an issue and that we'd hear within 5 working days .... well, we did ..... VSC said no.

Neither his Grandmother or Aunt saw us get married as we married unexpectedly on the fly at Christmas when I was over there (it was the right time for us) ..... but we had planned to renew our vows and have a big party when I return .... I guess this won't be happening now.

I'm quite blown away, and understand that it's obviously because the latest bereavement and the next one that will happen in a couple of months are not my Husbands parents .... but I still think it stinks that they can belittle the requests of a family in need and pain like this.

And to think, we were originally planning to get married this summer with all the family following a possible application for a K1 .... but had no idea as to the difference in time for approval ..... if we'd done it that way, I'd more than likely be there by now :clock:

Just want you guys to know, incase something similar happens.

Plus, if anyone from USCIS happens to read these posts, please have a heart (and read up on karma) ..... there are a lot of people suffering on this website ..... if they weren't, they wouldn't be on here in the beginning.

I came late to the party, I know, but if your husband is an American, why was it not possible for him to go to the USA for the funeral?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

No immigration doesnt have a heart for people! Im also a diabetic and was having problems with my diabetes my sugar kept getting low. I called them and said I could get a doctor note could we have our case speed up No!!

Also we have a baby name Amir he will be 1 in may ! They dont care ! Thank Allah when he had his interview he was issued visa the next day and he will be here to celebrate his 1st birthday! Im sorry for the loss !

I am sorry to hear sarah...tough news though .........Any have we are all on sameboat (BROKEN USCIS BOAT) ...Only god knows when we get to our destination ......I wish you good luck in this process .I guess we need to develop

"LOT OF PATIENCE" as loto ..said to his wife .. lol :ot2::yes::P

Sgr, I love the broken USCIS boat comment .... so true ... we all have our little sails up and are being blown by the winds of this lottery like process. And sure, what's happening to my little family sucks, but what is happening to ALL of our little families on this website sucks and I'm grateful to have such understanding people to share a tale of woe with.

Yes, Loto was completely right, we do need to develop a lotofpatience .... I'm right there with all of you guys, learning to have that characteristic everyday .... but as we all know, tools like that can never be borne out of happy situations. However, I'm still impatient enough to still look forward to the time we all get out of this God forsaken process.

KipandSarahJayne: My heart goes out to you. I know exactly how you feel. I also thought it was just a formality after breaking down on the phone to a very kind USCIS expedite officer. If you have the time, it certainly would not hurt for you to contact your congressman and senators. There has to be a human element somewhere in this process.

I wish you both the best of strength and blessings. This road is so difficult. Thank God that you have each other.

Thankyou Aisha, yes, like you, it seemed to be a straight forward formality .... it's a shame that those who get to peruse our expedites are so heartless .... more so, those who appear to deal with the I-130's .... I mean, where the heck are the approvals .... all this waiting for just 15 minutes of their time.

Yes, in a couple of days, when my head is on straighter, I will pen a letter for our Congressman to send .... his office have kept an eye on us from day one, and have tried before to speed things up for other reasons (military, but not deployment) .... they've had no luck as yet, so maybe it's time to scribble something a little more personal ... it's worth a try.

Now I wish I hadn't have swapped my law degree studies for engineering :bonk: .... I guess it's something worth considering when I'm eventually Stateside with my Husband .... which knowing my luck, will be sometime around January 2025.

I came late to the party, I know, but if your husband is an American, why was it not possible for him to go to the USA for the funeral?

I'm a little confused about this posting, my Husband was in the States .... I'm the one that is stuck in England, and unable to help with family illness or attend family funerals due to the 'speedy' processing of my I-130 and not having enough ties to England to make a POE Officer happy enough to let me through, because of that, I've been advised not to attempt it.

I, like a lot of others am in my home country waiting for someone to pick up my file and do their 15 minutes of work. I'm just praying they do it soon enough so that I can make the next funeral.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
I am sorry to hear sarah...tough news though .........Any have we are all on sameboat (BROKEN USCIS BOAT) ...Only god knows when we get to our destination ......I wish you good luck in this process .I guess we need to develop

Sgr, I love the broken USCIS boat comment .... so true ... we all have our little sails up and are being blown by the winds of this lottery like process. And sure, what's happening to my little family sucks, but what is happening to ALL of our little families on this website sucks and I'm grateful to have such understanding people to share a tale of woe with.

Yes, Loto was completely right, we do need to develop a lotofpatience .... I'm right there with all of you guys, learning to have that characteristic everyday .... but as we all know, tools like that can never be borne out of happy situations. However, I'm still impatient enough to still look forward to the time we all get out of this God forsaken process.

Sarah and Sgr, Nice to see you guys' postings here... Sarah, hope you have settled your mind back :star: Good luck and my prayers for your I-130 approval soon :thumbs:

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Sarah and Sgr, Nice to see you guys' postings here... Sarah, hope you have settled your mind back :star: Good luck and my prayers for your I-130 approval soon :thumbs:

Hey Loto ..... see, you're influence has rubbed off onto us :yes: ..... my mind will be fine, thankyou .... and will hopefully be back to normal soon. I'm praying for the approval so hard, and thank you for your prayers too .... but am also aware, that what is meant to be will happen. It breaks my heart that maybe I'm supposed to not be there for my family in person, but I'm definately there in spirit.

Well there I was begging VSC to touch me the other day on this site ..... and instead I've ended up feeling so touched by all you guys on here instead :blush: ..... thankyou (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.