277 posts in this topic

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yay!!! Congrats Jonesie and Drew :dance:

We have to be next Shem...we have to be...

I hope so. Keep hope alive...

We're applying for citizenship in January :wacko: .

Us in February if we have the funds available :blink: I sure hope we didn't "waste" the ROC money. That would so piss me off.

Timeline

Us in February if we have the funds available :blink: I sure hope we didn't "waste" the ROC money. That would so piss me off.

I think we wasted our money because VSC is so far behind :angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Approvals soon come Yardie and SJB. We are doing citizenship next year...no rush now, but want to get it over with.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone. Well we sent I-751 off. Received last Wednesday and check cashed Friday. I am hoping we get the letter soon that says travel allowed because we are planning to go for 3 weeks in December. Is that usually in the Noa1? Sounds like it, but just verifying. I would think we should get a letter anytime now.

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Timeline

Congrats JGD on sending out the package :D

Yep that "extension" letter is the NOA1. If by some chance you don't get it (I think that happened to SJB?) you just have to make an infopass and get the stamp in the passport before traveling. Hopefully you won't have to wait long.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yep that "extension" letter is the NOA1. If by some chance you don't get it (I think that happened to SJB?) you just have to make an infopass and get the stamp in the passport before traveling. Hopefully you won't have to wait long.

THANKS good to know. My husband would have a mad fit if he couldnt go for Christmas. : )

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Us in August. God, I hope we still aren't waiting for LOC by then!

Hi everyone. Well we sent I-751 off. Received last Wednesday and check cashed Friday. I am hoping we get the letter soon that says travel allowed because we are planning to go for 3 weeks in December. Is that usually in the Noa1? Sounds like it, but just verifying. I would think we should get a letter anytime now.

You should get your NOA about a week or two after you filed. So, any time now.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

THANKS good to know. My husband would have a mad fit if he couldnt go for Christmas. : )

Good luck with filing!

The only hassle we had with the letter was when we were returning here from Sangster - some new guy worked at the Delta counter and he was talking about hubby's greencard was expired :bonk: and I said to him "that's why we received this letter from USCIS" - then he takes the letter and says "I need to make a copy of this" :blink: his supervisor came down and snatched the letter from him and told him a few things (lol) and he gave it back to us and told us what gate to board at. In hindsight, if I would have kept our Infopass appointment and gotten the stamp we could have avoided that fiasco and saved some time at the airport.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Good luck with filing!

The only hassle we had with the letter was when we were returning here from Sangster - some new guy worked at the Delta counter and he was talking about hubby's greencard was expired :bonk: and I said to him "that's why we received this letter from USCIS" - then he takes the letter and says "I need to make a copy of this" :blink: his supervisor came down and snatched the letter from him and told him a few things (lol) and he gave it back to us and told us what gate to board at. In hindsight, if I would have kept our Infopass appointment and gotten the stamp we could have avoided that fiasco and saved some time at the airport.

I agree. Damien traveled with the extension letter and but only had to show his stamped passport. No issues whatsoever. The CO said it would have longer if he showed the expired GC and the letter.

Timeline

Glad I'm not going to have to deal with that part of it. I sent off hubby's passport last week for renewal. I'm sure they will take just as long to renew it. We aren't going anywhere for a while.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I am hoping not to have to deal with the passport thing at all until after USCIS. A's expires in 2010. If you get good info on passport renewal please share JG just in case.

So if you hold 2 passports...a JA and US one. How does that work? When you fly into JA you show your JA passport and then when you leave and come back to US you show that one? He would be treated as a JA citizen when in JA but a US citizen everywhere else? There isn't very good info on the whole dual citizen thing.

Timeline
I am hoping not to have to deal with the passport thing at all until after USCIS. A's expires in 2010. If you get good info on passport renewal please share JG just in case.

So if you hold 2 passports...a JA and US one. How does that work? When you fly into JA you show your JA passport and then when you leave and come back to US you show that one? He would be treated as a JA citizen when in JA but a US citizen everywhere else? There isn't very good info on the whole dual citizen thing.

If and when it goes through, I will post all our experiences. I don't want to post any wrong info. till I know if I did it right.

I don't think I would show the JA passport except in immigration to make things easier. Otherwise, I'd use the US.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Hey Yards,

In the past, I use my JA passport when I reach Jamaica and the US passport when I'm returning. I have a resident stamp in my US passport now, so I don't bother with the Jamaica passport. My US passport will expire in a few years and I hope it won't be a pain in the next to get another resident stamp from Jamaica.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.