Rocketta

Non-Muslims married to Muslim MENA

463 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

we dont really encounter any problems, because i am not practicing organized religion.....so anything of religious content, i just support him...the only thing i would say is make sure as a couple it is understood your children would be muslim....if the father was not insistent on this, i would assume something is very wrong.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My kids would definitely be christian or I won't bring kids in this world. That's one thing we compromised before marriage. Im sure he'll try to teach islam to them but I will always teach christianity. I followed islam when I was younger but my mom told me about christianity and I converted to that when I was 15. I found more peace in Christianity and the bible. I would recommend anybody who feels strongly about religion bring it up before marriage. :star:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I would recommend anybody who feels strongly about religion bring it up before marriage. :star:

:thumbs:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hmmm.

Alcohol:

I think drinking alcohol is probably the one that is an issue. Although my husband knows I drink alcohol, he does not understand that 1 to 2 drinks is still ok to drink. He thinks that after 1 drink I am going to start dancing with a lamp shade on my head or something.

My mom was the one that addressed this issue by inviting him to dinner and having copious amounts of alcohol on the table and everyone had more than 2 drinks and nobody acted inappropriately. My husband realized then that 1 or 2 drinks was ok.

Animals:

My husband has a soft spot for the stray cats in his neighborhood, so animals were never a problem.

Meat - Pork and Halal:

My husband has no problem with me eating pork. He and I often have breakfast where I would order bacon. However, I doubt he has ever seen a medium rare steak and will probably freak if he sees I like my beef pink.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
I think drinking alcohol is probably the one that is an issue. Although my husband knows I drink alcohol, he does not understand that 1 to 2 drinks is still ok to drink. He thinks that after 1 drink I am going to start dancing with a lamp shade on my head or something.

laughing-smiley-002.gif

laughing-smiley-002.gif

laughing-smiley-002.gif

drunk1.jpg

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
we dont really encounter any problems, because i am not practicing organized religion.....so anything of religious content, i just support him...the only thing i would say is make sure as a couple it is understood your children would be muslim....if the father was not insistent on this, i would assume something is very wrong.

I'm not sure I understand your point? Why would a father be insistent on this if he's not real religious and what is it a sign of if he isn't insistent?

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm not sure I understand your point? Why would a father be insistent on this if he's not real religious and what is it a sign of if he isn't insistent?

Not sure, but Kelly probably meant that if a practicing Muslim father was not insistent on it, then something is wrong.

Timeline

Not sure, but Kelly probably meant that if a practicing Muslim father was not insistent on it, then something is wrong.

ok, but what would it be a sign of?

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe that the man does not really ever intend to have children with the woman?

Timeline

hmm, ok. B)

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Or that he will say whatever it takes, presumably to get the GC, but isn't serious about the marriage or else he would be forthcoming about how important an issue this is for him.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Meat - Pork and Halal:

My husband has no problem with me eating pork. He and I often have breakfast where I would order bacon. However, I doubt he has ever seen a medium rare steak and will probably freak if he sees I like my beef pink.

Why would he freak if you like your beef pink?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Holidays, in particular Christmas and Easter.

I have family that are used to celebrating all of the holidays. At first my husband said no holidays. Well my kids, rightfully so, could not accept that. I am the hub of all of the holidays afterall. Once my husband witnessed a normal holiday party with my family he realized that it isn't any sort of religious experience for us, but rather a reason to gather as family. He has accepted that now.

The other issue was that he thought that every holiday has a religious background, but in the US the majority of our holidays don't. He understands the concept now.

BTW, I had always heard that 12/25 was not Jesus' real birthday. That got me thinking, why do we celebrate that day? After searching the internet I ran across this article. I am not sure if it is true, but it certainly makes sense.

http://www.essortment.com/all/christmaspagan_rece.htm

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.