Rocketta

Non-Muslims married to Muslim MENA

463 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
You are comfortable with the way you were married and you do not have to defend it to me. But, I think the question with these "Islamic" marriages is whether the contract is enforcable. If the judge will not register it (for whatever reason--we can all agree that he should, but if he will not...) then how is the contract enforced? Because if the contract cannot be enforced then her rights are not protected. And, I do not fault anyone for pointing that out to people. Women should know their rights--for themselves and their children--and if they choose to overlook them, they should do so with knowledge of what it means.

There is a difference between saying "this is alright with me" and "this is alright according to Islam." Those two approaches require very different justifications and I think they are often confused in discussion here.

You have point your finger on what so many refuse to acknowledge. By insisting that signing an untested contract in a lawyer's office represents what is halal in Islam, melinda, mohammed and their supporters oblige an entire ummah to their claims, requiring a challenge to it's validity.

If they had simply admitted that their entry into a paper marriage was merely a ploy to avoid having to wait out a bureaucratic impediment to a valid marriage before they were intimate with each other, that would not have obligated the entire ummah because Islam would not be an element of their claim to legitimacy.

I said before, have your rolls in the hay before marriage, if you want. Your burdens are yours alone, but don't clock your desires in Islam because that requires daleel, and creates a burden on all other Muslims to speak up or remain silent.

I'm sunni myself and had other conversations about the subject of these types of marriages. We don't consider them valid nor do I condone them. The thing is, I do not chose to attack women who have already done them with the best intentions and possibly not realizing anything was wrong with what they are doing. VW, I see that you want to point out their mistake as you feel it is your duty, but how many times must you continue to point it out before you leave it alone. Also, do you have any suggestions for how they could fix these wrongs. Otherwise it seems counterproductive to continuously assault them. Its over and done with, it can't be fixed. It is better to look at how they can make things right in the future. I can't think of a single hadith I read so far where the prophet (pbuh) spent so much time pointing out anothers mistake and saying it in an insulting way. If you can think of one, please let me know so that I may read it and learn from it. (yes, this is me asking you for help and guidance on your views on Islam so that I may learn from them, of course, you reserve the right not to help me)

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Wow, what is all this, all over religion :wacko: Will it ever end? I am not surprised, anytime you throw the religion card, there are going to be fights, different interpretations. This is the exact reason I stay away from religion. All this talk of going to hell if you are not the right religion, burning in eternal hell, oh yea that s something I want to be involved in. So people like Mother Teresa could do all her good works, and if she picked the wrong religion she burns in hell. Sorry I can’t believe in a God that would be cruel and mean. Insanity!!!!!!!!! I have been told also that God doesn’t care if I believe him or not, again, not a good selling point, if he doesn’t give a ####### about me, than what is the point of even praying to him? Who is right, maybe you all are wrong, how can you be so sure? Where is the love part, the compassion, haven’t seen much here, but a lot of judgment and fire and brimstone. That is an awful way to live your life each day. This doesn’t sound like a God, sounds like a temp worker with a really bad attitude. We as a human race will eventually will kill each other off, all in the name of some God. Sad when you think about it.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline

I have always held the belief that everyone, regardless of their background, gets into heaven on their own merit. No one can decide who will go to heaven or hell, only God.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

yes i see u have been married 3 years! If Mohamed was not here for 3 years I would be with him living in my home in Egypt.Thats a long time ! When is the last time u have been pregnant? Im sure Wahrania has had a hard pregnacy so u need to leave her alone. Especially being with out her husband ! Im so glad he wil be here soon to help her out while she is pregnant.

Dont use my name again as an example ! I know I married for the right reason because we loved each other.I dont have to answer to u at all.This is mine and Mohameds marraige so mind ur own business. Sorry we didnt marry just to be together in bed .We married for love ! which we have so much together!

Take care everyone ! im sorry for all this but this women needs to stop especially talking about our babies and my life! I pray everyone gets there visa fast and good luck to everyone that has interviews! Have a wonderful weekend! Tasha u dont have much longer he will be here!! Then Mohamed will be here !!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
Non-Muslims married to Muslim MENA, What are some of the issues to this relationship? :ot2:

Well today, when I was talking to my husband I told him that I was going to dinner with a friend. The first thing he asks is it a girl or a guy? :lol: Well today it is a girl but it will be guys. It will be interesting when he's finally confronted with the reality of what I told him. ;)

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Marriage between Muslims and non-Muslims are not considered to be the ideal. However, Allah allows for them under certain cirsumstances. They are:

Q 5:5 That they be between chaste Muslims and chaste people of the Book (Christians and Jews)

Q 24:3 That they be between Muslim fornicators and non-believers (this is a specific class of non-Muslim)

Q 2:222 That Muslims avoid marriage with those who worship false Gods (some would include Christians among them)

Q 60:10-11 That we avoid marriage with those hostile to Islam and Muslims (quite reasonable)

Sorry, the evidence is not to be avoided so it can be pc. And, it's not a matter of intending to insult anyone; everyone knows what category they are in better than I do.

Aren't the two bolded ones contradictory?

I saved your post for last, jenn, because I knew it would come. And I was so glad it did. Mohammed also asked me how I can justify mixed marriage for Muslims if the ayat 2:221 and 60:10-11 forbid it.

The problem is that novices often generalize the specific in the text and specify the general in the text while plucking a single ayah away form surrounding ayah, the contextual history of its revelation, the linguistics involved, and how the Prophet personified the text.

If one merely isolated the two bolded sections you refer to, it would be easy to deduce that Christians are not allowed in marriage to Muslims. But, there is more to it than that.

We already know that not all Muslims will enter heaven. Allah is not as interested in what label you give yourself as He is in your acts. The Quran is the only sacred Abrahamic text that specifically allows for mixed marriages, and the only one that declares that there will be non-Muslims in heaven. It is careful to avoid blanketing entire groups of people as heretics, but bases one’s piety on character, values and behavior.

For example, in 2:221, the terminology used is definitive, and refers to practice rather than an entire group of people. The same is true for 60:10, and 5:5. There are characteristics involved that qualify an individual as halal or not, just as the directive that unchaste Muslims marry only other unchaste Muslims or an unbeliever. Islam teaches that we will be judged by Him as individuals, for our own acts and deeds, not for those of others around you.

The term “unbeliever” is commonly abused one in transliterations of the Arabic. It is not meant to refer to all non-Muslims, and the Arabic is more nuanced than the agenda behind the common use of that word. Therefore, there are those among non-Muslims who are devoted to God and in service to His Creation, who worship sincerely and keep to His laws, who avidly seek to please Him in Word and deed. They are not perfect, but are earnest. Allah says it matter not that they abide by the scriptures of the Torah or the Bible, their reward will be with Him.

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Q 5.69

In the Prophets inner circle, there were mixed faith couples where the wife was Muslim and the husband was not. He didn’t ask them to divorce as long as there was harmony in the union. That was also the case with his own daughter, Zaynab, who remained with her non-Muslim husband, until he became kafir by engaging in hostilities against the Muslims in the Battle of Badr (Q 60:10), and they were separated until his conversion.

If one keeps in mind that the premise of the Message is that all humans have free will to decie if and how they follow God, then individual practice gains more emphasis and importance, lessening the concept that whole groups are to be condemned because they do not call themselves Muslim. If there were no pious Christians or Jews, we would not be allowed to marry among them unless for the reason of fornication.

Allah actually intends for us to believe differently from each other as a test for how we learn to live together and to obey Him (Q 5:48 & 49:13). He expects us to protect the mutual God-given rights of all humanity, male and female:

O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence God, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for God ever watches over you. Q 4.1

We are created of like nature, one not superior one over the other due to nationality, ethnicity, race, or gender.

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). Q 49:13

Life is a test of faith. We are to learn how to live a God centered life, and to do it without animosity toward those whom God has chosen to adhere to faiths unlike our own.

And hold fast, all together, by the rope which God (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude God's favor on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth God make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided. Q 3.103

To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what God hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to the e. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If God had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to God; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute; Q 5.48

Our Nabi married a variety of women, consulted the Jewish scriptures for guidance, took santuary from a Christian king for the safety of his ummah, sought the consul of strong females, and was not distracted by interfaith marriages between Muslim women and non-Muslim men. He depended upon the character of his allies, and the strength of their faith and values rather than their gender or labels to when seeking them out. This is the best example we follow when earning trust and forming unions.

I hope this is helpful to you.

I dated a muslim man once. His refusal to eat pork was frustrating because I'm from the deep south and traditionally, we love pork. A LOT. He was, however, very gung-ho about the xmas traditions of xmas trees and gift giving and sharing.

Timeline
Marriage between Muslims and non-Muslims are not considered to be the ideal. However, Allah allows for them under certain cirsumstances. They are:

Q 5:5 That they be between chaste Muslims and chaste people of the Book (Christians and Jews)

Q 24:3 That they be between Muslim fornicators and non-believers (this is a specific class of non-Muslim)

Q 2:222 That Muslims avoid marriage with those who worship false Gods (some would include Christians among them)

Q 60:10-11 That we avoid marriage with those hostile to Islam and Muslims (quite reasonable)

Sorry, the evidence is not to be avoided so it can be pc. And, it's not a matter of intending to insult anyone; everyone knows what category they are in better than I do.

Aren't the two bolded ones contradictory?

I saved your post for last, jenn, because I knew it would come. And I was so glad it did. Mohammed also asked me how I can justify mixed marriage for Muslims if the ayat 2:221 and 60:10-11 forbid it.

The problem is that novices often generalize the specific in the text and specify the general in the text while plucking a single ayah away form surrounding ayah, the contextual history of its revelation, the linguistics involved, and how the Prophet personified the text.

If one merely isolated the two bolded sections you refer to, it would be easy to deduce that Christians are not allowed in marriage to Muslims. But, there is more to it than that.

We already know that not all Muslims will enter heaven. Allah is not as interested in what label you give yourself as He is in your acts. The Quran is the only sacred Abrahamic text that specifically allows for mixed marriages, and the only one that declares that there will be non-Muslims in heaven. It is careful to avoid blanketing entire groups of people as heretics, but bases one’s piety on character, values and behavior.

For example, in 2:221, the terminology used is definitive, and refers to practice rather than an entire group of people. The same is true for 60:10, and 5:5. There are characteristics involved that qualify an individual as halal or not, just as the directive that unchaste Muslims marry only other unchaste Muslims or an unbeliever. Islam teaches that we will be judged by Him as individuals, for our own acts and deeds, not for those of others around you.

The term “unbeliever” is commonly abused one in transliterations of the Arabic. It is not meant to refer to all non-Muslims, and the Arabic is more nuanced than the agenda behind the common use of that word. Therefore, there are those among non-Muslims who are devoted to God and in service to His Creation, who worship sincerely and keep to His laws, who avidly seek to please Him in Word and deed. They are not perfect, but are earnest. Allah says it matter not that they abide by the scriptures of the Torah or the Bible, their reward will be with Him.

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Q 5.69

In the Prophets inner circle, there were mixed faith couples where the wife was Muslim and the husband was not. He didn’t ask them to divorce as long as there was harmony in the union. That was also the case with his own daughter, Zaynab, who remained with her non-Muslim husband, until he became kafir by engaging in hostilities against the Muslims in the Battle of Badr (Q 60:10), and they were separated until his conversion.

If one keeps in mind that the premise of the Message is that all humans have free will to decie if and how they follow God, then individual practice gains more emphasis and importance, lessening the concept that whole groups are to be condemned because they do not call themselves Muslim. If there were no pious Christians or Jews, we would not be allowed to marry among them unless for the reason of fornication.

Allah actually intends for us to believe differently from each other as a test for how we learn to live together and to obey Him (Q 5:48 & 49:13). He expects us to protect the mutual God-given rights of all humanity, male and female:

O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence God, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for God ever watches over you. Q 4.1

We are created of like nature, one not superior one over the other due to nationality, ethnicity, race, or gender.

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). Q 49:13

Life is a test of faith. We are to learn how to live a God centered life, and to do it without animosity toward those whom God has chosen to adhere to faiths unlike our own.

And hold fast, all together, by the rope which God (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude God's favor on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth God make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided. Q 3.103

To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what God hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to the e. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If God had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to God; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute; Q 5.48

Our Nabi married a variety of women, consulted the Jewish scriptures for guidance, took santuary from a Christian king for the safety of his ummah, sought the consul of strong females, and was not distracted by interfaith marriages between Muslim women and non-Muslim men. He depended upon the character of his allies, and the strength of their faith and values rather than their gender or labels to when seeking them out. This is the best example we follow when earning trust and forming unions.

I hope this is helpful to you.

I know you addressed Jen, but this post was very helpful to me. I have a friend who is muslim and married to a Christian. She is convinced she is living in sin but can't leave her husband because she loves him so much and knows he is a good Christian man. She wants to have children but she is afraid that it will only add to her sin. I will pass this information to her in the hopes it helps her and comforts her.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Ok People really can we get back to my topic? I'm really interested. Maybe I should change the title to specify 'culturally' so we can move past the religious debate because I'm not religious and neither is my husband but his background is muslim and mine christian and that surely colors our thought procees.

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Timeline

I'm sunni myself and had other conversations about the subject of these types of marriages. We don't consider them valid nor do I condone them. The thing is, I do not chose to attack women who have already done them with the best intentions and possibly not realizing anything was wrong with what they are doing. VW, I see that you want to point out their mistake as you feel it is your duty, but how many times must you continue to point it out before you leave it alone. Also, do you have any suggestions for how they could fix these wrongs. Otherwise it seems counterproductive to continuously assault them. Its over and done with, it can't be fixed. It is better to look at how they can make things right in the future. I can't think of a single hadith I read so far where the prophet (pbuh) spent so much time pointing out anothers mistake and saying it in an insulting way. If you can think of one, please let me know so that I may read it and learn from it. (yes, this is me asking you for help and guidance on your views on Islam so that I may learn from them, of course, you reserve the right not to help me)

I am not as concerned about the actions of the women as I am of the Muslim men who convince the women, often non-Muslim or early converts, that this act is halal and results in a valid marriage. There is no assault happening here, it is an education for those who choose to learn, and for those who refuse to learn, they will continue to remain unrepentant, insisting that Islam allows them to create a convenience for themselves, and that creates a burden upon learned Muslims no less imperative than to speak out against other violence to the faith done in the Name of Allah

Why do you not ask them why they do not repent instead of repeatedly demanding respect for their failure? This admonishion is for the future, and it is incumbant upon us to maintain the correct guidance.

Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity. Q3.104

O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to God, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for God can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of

your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily God is well- acquainted with all that ye do. Q 4.135

Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath God promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-

Below is an example of your opportunity to address them instead of me, When I take on my responsibility to forbid what is wrong and promote justice, I am an easy targetm as I am seen as judgmental and unkind in contrast to people speaking of love and inconveniences. Are you up to correcting them and/or telling them to stop their misguidance of others? Or am I merely easier to challenge?

yes i see u have been married 3 years! If Mohamed was not here for 3 years I would be with him living in my home in Egypt.Thats a long time ! When is the last time u have been pregnant? Im sure Wahrania has had a hard pregnacy so u need to leave her alone. Especially being with out her husband ! Im so glad he wil be here soon to help her out while she is pregnant.

Dont use my name again as an example ! I know I married for the right reason because we loved each other.I dont have to answer to u at all.This is mine and Mohameds marraige so mind ur own business. Sorry we didnt marry just to be together in bed .We married for love ! which we have so much together!

Take care everyone ! im sorry for all this but this women needs to stop especially talking about our babies and my life! I pray everyone gets there visa fast and good luck to everyone that has interviews! Have a wonderful weekend! Tasha u dont have much longer he will be here!! Then Mohamed will be here !!!!!!!!

Keep it up about your babies. You speak about them far more than I do.

Wow, what is all this, all over religion :wacko: Will it ever end? I am not surprised, anytime you throw the religion card, there are going to be fights, different interpretations. This is the exact reason I stay away from religion. All this talk of going to hell if you are not the right religion, burning in eternal hell, oh yea that s something I want to be involved in. So people like Mother Teresa could do all her good works, and if she picked the wrong religion she burns in hell. Sorry I can’t believe in a God that would be cruel and mean. Insanity!!!!!!!!! I have been told also that God doesn’t care if I believe him or not, again, not a good selling point, if he doesn’t give a ####### about me, than what is the point of even praying to him? Who is right, maybe you all are wrong, how can you be so sure? Where is the love part, the compassion, haven’t seen much here, but a lot of judgment and fire and brimstone. That is an awful way to live your life each day. This doesn’t sound like a God, sounds like a temp worker with a really bad attitude. We as a human race will eventually will kill each other off, all in the name of some God. Sad when you think about it.

I agree - it is sad that any talk of religion seems to devolve into silly technicalities and/or threats of hell-fire. I wish there could be more spirituality and less technicality when it comes to discussing faith. I personally do believe in God, and I'm thankful that in my life I have seen enough proof of the way He really is - the source of all goodness and love. I think religion is easy to distort and turn into negativity bec. the devil (yeah I also believe in evil - I mean really, just look at the world) - the devil knows that it is what many people consider most holy, and it's a good place for him to disguise himself, try to twist things around and try to turn people against each other. So whereas I can say that I love and believe in God, I am wary of the way religions have been corrupted by people over time. And it's hideous the way people use them to threaten others with eternal damnation (or punishment here on earth) - absolutely against the true nature of God, in my opinion. The God I believe in wants everyone to be saved and to be with him. As far as I have read in the Christian scriptures, this is what God is really like, no matter how *humans* interpret those writings.

I feel my husband has similar feelings about his own religion (he is Muslim). Although he appreciates the roots and the scriptures of his faith, he has many misgivings about the way it's displayed in his culture. I think our wariness of our religions (or at least how they are displayed by the poeple in our cultures( is what has made us open-minded, and neither of us feel a need to convert or that we have to limit ourselves to just one religious background.

Also, in response to what WoM said about the ME conflict being not so much over religion, I have to agree that I have seen inklings of this truth as well. I went to a conference at a college about the ME conflict, where a woman from Israel gave a speech about the US media filters that distort our ways of seeing the conflict mostly from the side of the Israelis (neglecting the Palestinian point of view). In the discussion following her speech, someone asked about religion in the conflict, and she was adamant that this is a conflict about "LAND." This perspective was from a Jewish woman born in Israel. It was very interesting to me. (Sorry if this belongs in another thread by now - I just wanted to share that. Since at that time, I was so *sure* it was all about religion. Hearing it from the mouth of an Israeli woman, that it's a land conflict, really helped open my eyes to other possibilities.)

Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.

~Lin Yutang

~Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Timeline
Ok People really can we get back to my topic? I'm really interested. Maybe I should change the title to specify 'culturally' so we can move past the religious debate because I'm not religious and neither is my husband but his background is muslim and mine christian and that surely colors our thought procees.

Actually, i was typing you a nice reply when my cat decided it was a good time to hit the power button for the power strip. Everything got shut down. Smart cat ran off as soon as she did it, lol.

Anyway, I was going to say that my husband has specifically asked me not to go out with men. We discussed it and talked over his reasons. I found they were good ones and especially if you do look at the religious aspect of it. I will not go into the details because I doubt you want to hear them. What really matters is that you and your husband work through your own issues and find an equitable way to solve your differences. I really wish you the best of luck in your marriage and I hope it is a happy one.

Timeline

Has someone here spoken of hell-fire, damnation and threats of eternal burning in hell? I must have missed the "silly technicalities" too. It seems some folks are projecting their own latant fears onto this discussion.

Timeline

I am not as concerned about the actions of the women as I am of the Muslim men who convince the women, often non-Muslim or early converts, that this act is halal and results in a valid marriage. There is no assault happening here, it is an education for those who choose to learn, and for those who refuse to learn, they will continue to remain unrepentant, insisting that Islam allows them to create a convenience for themselves, and that creates a burden upon learned Muslims no less imperative than to speak out against other violence to the faith done in the Name of Allah

Why do you not ask them why they do not repent instead of repeatedly demanding respect for their failure? This admonishion is for the future, and it is incumbant upon us to maintain the correct guidance.

Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity. Q3.104

O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to God, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for God can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of

your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily God is well- acquainted with all that ye do. Q 4.135

Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath God promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-

Below is an example of your opportunity to address them instead of me, When I take on my responsibility to forbid what is wrong and promote justice, I am an easy targetm as I am seen as judgmental and unkind in contrast to people speaking of love and inconveniences. Are you up to correcting them and/or telling them to stop their misguidance of others? Or am I merely easier to challenge?

Keep it up about your babies. You speak about them far more than I do.

The reason I chose not to correct them is because I am sunni and this is a shi'a practice. I don't know enough about shi'a beliefs to take on a whole sect of Islam. I have no personal interest in that battle. My husband's home country does enough of that without my help. In fact, they kill each other every day for it by twisting words of the Quran to justify their actions. Now if these women were sunni, that would be a different matter. Then I might feel I had the right grounds to say something.

Timeline

The reason I chose not to correct them is because I am sunni and this is a shi'a practice. I don't know enough about shi'a beliefs to take on a whole sect of Islam. I have no personal interest in that battle. My husband's home country does enough of that without my help. In fact, they kill each other every day for it by twisting words of the Quran to justify their actions. Now if these women were sunni, that would be a different matter. Then I might feel I had the right grounds to say something.

They are Sunni. They did not do muta, it is misyar/urfi, the Sunni version of muta.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.