mattandtoni

DS-230 Listing Previous USA visits.. advice needed..

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all

Firstly, long time lurker. The posts and guides on here got us nicely through to Packet 3 stage :) Thanks for all the invaluable info.

I'm hoping to send my packet 3 info back today but I have a question which I hope you can all hape with.

Question 25 List dates of all previous visits to the United States. Give type of visa if known.

I've checked through my passport and over the past 4 years I've visited 28 times, going by the stamps. Firstly i'm slightly worried that there could be the odd missing stamp, and also that they ask you to report visits by month dates only. This isn't very representative for me, as most trips were between 3 - 14 days max.

How have others dealt with this? Have you added every trip, in the format they require, or put an explanatory note of some kind?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I just listed all the dates that were in my passport. If I only stayed for 2 weeks say in April, I put the arrival date as April and the departure date as April too. In the type of visa, I just put VWP.

I think I had about 15 altogether and the ones I couldn't fit on the form, I listed on a separate sheet of paper.

I think I had a couple of stamps missing as they were in my old passport, but I didn't worry about those.

:D

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Hi all

Firstly, long time lurker. The posts and guides on here got us nicely through to Packet 3 stage :) Thanks for all the invaluable info.

I'm hoping to send my packet 3 info back today but I have a question which I hope you can all hape with.

Question 25 List dates of all previous visits to the United States. Give type of visa if known.

I've checked through my passport and over the past 4 years I've visited 28 times, going by the stamps. Firstly i'm slightly worried that there could be the odd missing stamp, and also that they ask you to report visits by month dates only. This isn't very representative for me, as most trips were between 3 - 14 days max.

How have others dealt with this? Have you added every trip, in the format they require, or put an explanatory note of some kind?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

We listed every visit - using the form, then listing the rest on a separate sheet (with the heading "DS-230 Question 25, Previous Visits Continued"). You of course want to be as accurate as possible, but if you miss one, am sure it would not be a huge issue. All they want are the general details; Month/Year Arrive, Month/Year Depart, Location (we listed cities only), Type of Visa and A# (write None if you never got one). Even if you had multiple trips in the same month, list them on separate lines. It's perfectly understandable that after 28 times the details can get a bit foggy but just do the best you can - that's what we did. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks both. I'll just go ahead and put all the ones I can down. Suddenly realised when I looked at this list why i'm so broke! Roll on the summer, when our combined travel costs will be slashed :)

I just put them ALL on a separate piece of paper and marked the form - Please See Attached Sheet, which I dated and signed for extra caution.

I did the same with all foreign countries visited and schools attended.

We sent ours back today too!!!

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Thanks both. I'll just go ahead and put all the ones I can down. Suddenly realised when I looked at this list why i'm so broke! Roll on the summer, when our combined travel costs will be slashed :)

I put on the actual DS-230 at Q25 'see attached sheet' to avoid any confusion

then listed them all on an additional sheet

including a note at the bottom for a possible trip I couldn't find documentary evidence off.. but I was sure I took lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.