Beth/ Paris Heart

Touching question

32 posts in this topic

I disagree.. the pairing must have taken place closer to your NOA1... Recent touches MAY be a good sign, or perhaps means that they have started the checks on you? That an RFE is on the way? hope not that! ;-)

I also don't think those touches mean pairing up the I-129F and I-130, since it'd make sense that in that case they'd touch both applications.

Does someone know how long these security checks normally take?

Take call all!

I meant take care obviously.

We got touched on the same dates as you, Paris. I am worried for an RFE for us though... we seem to have mixed up some N/A's with none. I couldn't believe that, after all the obsessing I had done to study up on the K-3 documents... :blink: But I guess even if folks get an RFE, it isn't that horrible. Just a (hopefully very) small delay.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree.. the pairing must have taken place closer to your NOA1... Recent touches MAY be a good sign, or perhaps means that they have started the checks on you? That an RFE is on the way? hope not that! ;-)

I also don't think those touches mean pairing up the I-129F and I-130, since it'd make sense that in that case they'd touch both applications.

Take call all!

I meant take care obviously.

We got touched on the same dates as you, Paris. I am worried for an RFE for us though... we seem to have mixed up some N/A's with none. I couldn't believe that, after all the obsessing I had done to study up on the K-3 documents... :blink: But I guess even if folks get an RFE, it isn't that horrible. Just a (hopefully very) small delay.

Catt,

I like to think if we got all those touches, IF we were to get a RFE, maybe they would of said by now.

I too been thinking of N/A vs. None. Crazy.

Guess we will find out soon or later.

Best of LucK.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

I tend not to think about it.If I made any mistake I'll found it out when the time comes and then I'll solve the problem.If I thought about that also I would go totally nuts!

I tend not to think about it.If I made any mistake I'll found it out when the time comes and then I'll solve the problem.If I thought about that also I would go totally nuts!

Jeca,

Know what I did after reading last post??, I got copies of my petitions and looked them over closely to see if I put a NONE or a N/A in the wrong place, ha ha , now that is obsessive. Im past nuts on all of this. I still have them in my brief case, bet I go over them atleast 100 times more today, ha ha. At least I can still laugh at myself, that they have not taken from me yet.

Take care!!

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

I'm glad that my husband has all the copies so I can't check them even if I wanted to.And I don't think he would bother to do that.My only obsession is checking this site and case status on line I don't know how many times a day.I'm trying to stop doing that also but it kinda doesn't work.If only I could think about something else!!!But it's so damn hard not to think about this when my husband is not with me.I just miss him too much!

I'm glad that my husband has all the copies so I can't check them even if I wanted to.And I don't think he would bother to do that.My only obsession is checking this site and case status on line I don't know how many times a day.I'm trying to stop doing that also but it kinda doesn't work.If only I could think about something else!!!But it's so damn hard not to think about this when my husband is not with me.I just miss him too much!

I feel your pain Jeca, I also constantly check the website for touches or much less a approval. Cant seem to go without a day of not checking.

I too miss my husband terribly, and its painful. Look if you and husband are settleing in Houston, "I see thats where ya'll will apply for AOS in Houston" we will need to get together and laugh about all of this when its complete. My home in Houston is always open to you.

Hang in there Jeca, yur not alone in this, and here for you.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Thank you, Paris heart, it's good to know that I'm not alone in this.We are settling in Houston and doing the AOS there but only if huge amount of luck strikes me with approved I-129F.Otherwise, it will take time until we could meet each other there.I hope we will meet soon and I'm really looking forward to that!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

It looks like our timelines are a lot the same and with VSC....and I wanted to let you know that we are very frustrated also...but looking at the average time it takes to get an approval....we are still in "average" waiting mode. I am starting to plan another trip to Jordan to see my husband because we cannot stand being away from each other. Its not easy to do that with work and home responsibilities...but we have to do what we have to do to stay sane, right?

Let's keep in touch, given our timelines are about the same and see what happens...I will let you know if I see anything new come up with my case...can you do the same? And you aren't the only one going into the site to check it a lot....and it drives me crazy every day I go in with high hopes of seeing some kind of change....hey...it would be nice if they would even update the standard processing times page on a consistent basis....Did anyone see how they set back the dates last month when they changed it? They didn't update for "March" until April and when they did they set the dates back over a month for I-130 processing!!!! So they went back in processing dates instead of forward after a whole month and a half???? Now THAT is frustrating!! I am anxious to see what their April udpate on processing dates will have on it...I am waiting...and yes, constantly checking since they are supposed to update it on the 15th of every month.....last month was hard waiting until April to even see the website updates...and when the date popped up a month previous to what it was in February....hahahahahahahahaha all I could do was laugh...not a fun laugh...either.

Hang in there...they can't keep us apart forever!! Someday soon we will be looking back at this and it will be past history!! And we will be so happy. Don't let it get you down!!

Deb

touches don't mean anything

Probley not, most likely just pairing up the I-130 with the I-129F, then back into a dust infested box with hundreds of others petitions to sit there to rot. Its emontinally draining what we go thry to be with our hubands/wifes. Somethings got to give soon. Its starting to take a toll on my marriage. And yes, Im VERY negative today.

Paris Heart

We are here to help each other so don't worry.Anything new that I find out will be posted here.

I know about those processing dates, it is really disappointing to see them go backwards but let's wait and see what dates will be posted for April.

Jeca,

Know what I did after reading last post??, I got copies of my petitions and looked them over closely to see if I put a NONE or a N/A in the wrong place, ha ha , now that is obsessive. Im past nuts on all of this. I still have them in my brief case, bet I go over them atleast 100 times more today, ha ha. At least I can still laugh at myself, that they have not taken from me yet.

Take care!!

Paris Heart

Lol Paris I didn't mean to freak you out with my post.

But it is probably best, as you say, Jeca, to just see how it goes.

Lucky my work keeps me so busy, otherwise i'd go bonkers about this stuff in general.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Jeca,

Take care!!

Paris Heart

Lol Paris I didn't mean to freak you out with my post.

But it is probably best, as you say, Jeca, to just see how it goes.

Lucky my work keeps me so busy, otherwise i'd go bonkers about this stuff in general.

Ladies, Jeca, Catt & Esmarsgirl.

Yes, lets all keep in touch, hey probley against VJ rules, but here is my personal email: beth.messaili@gmail.com

Catt: No worries, anything freaks me out now a days when it come sto USCIS, ha ha, I know you only meant well and not hurtful.

Take care Ladies. Talk soon.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Take call all!

So does anyone know what kinda security checks are needed at USCIS level for a K-3 and how long they usually take (at VSC)?

Good, so I am not the only one that checks the website at least 3-4 times per day, Sunday included!!!

Lol. No, i'm trying to check the USCIS website less, but it's not yet working :whistle:

Good, so I am not the only one that checks the website at least 3-4 times per day, Sunday included!!!

Lol. No, i'm trying to check the USCIS website less, but it's not yet working :whistle:

I know what you mean, my fingers do it automatically, like breathing, ha ha. When will there be relief??? And patience is not a option any more.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.