Marlita

Jamaica and the NVC

223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

...another question...it has to: National Visa Centre, underneath that it has my husband name, passport # and where he is from, and underneath that is says "does not appear in the Criminal Records...Is this a PC or a criminal record or is it the same thing...i just want to make sure i have the right doc...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My husband appointed me the agent and the mail came to me in my name...i have a question about the PC...I got the mail my husband mailed to me using the regular mail system and I noticed the PC has a place where they are suppose to sign under his picture...my husband didn't sign it....r u suppose to sign it???...

Mike did not sign his and it was not a problem. I called NVC and was told that there are no rules saying it has to be signed. I think Mike signed it at the inteview when he signed the DS-230 part II.

...another question...it has to: National Visa Centre, underneath that it has my husband name, passport # and where he is from, and underneath that is says "does not appear in the Criminal Records...Is this a PC or a criminal record or is it the same thing...i just want to make sure i have the right doc...

You have the right document. It is just say he has no criminal records. Send in the top copy to NVC. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Jgay, do you have everthing else ready to go? Make sure you write the Kingston case number on the top right hand corner of all of your documents. Relax and breatheeeeeee..........

Learn from my mistakes. On line #20 of the Ds-230 in the section for from/to for his last address, did you or him handwrite "present" and also in the work history part?

Ask any questions you have right now and I can try to answer them.

Timeline

Thank you sooo much...yes,I put present for those questions....I didn't leave any questions blank...in the back of his passport pictures i put his name, case#,DOB, and they type of visa we going for (CR-1)...i put the case number on all pages on the top right hand...I have all the docs...PC, MC, BC, copy of his passport page with his info and pic...I think i'm ready...i just want this out of my hand...

US Embassy:

Timeline
Thank you sooo much...yes,I put present for those questions....I didn't leave any questions blank...in the back of his passport pictures i put his name, case#,DOB, and they type of visa we going for (CR-1)...i put the case number on all pages on the top right hand...I have all the docs...PC, MC, BC, copy of his passport page with his info and pic...I think i'm ready...i just want this out of my hand...

Looks good. :dance: Off you go to the post office. :dance: Good luck with the rest of your journey. :thumbs:

Timeline
Yeah...he received two PC and only sent me one and kept the other one so he is going to send me that one he has...BUT guess what...I got good news...my husband just called me and told me the courier called him to come and pick up his BC...isn't that crazy...he just did it yesterday...God is truly looking out for me big time....so he is going to send it off to me today... :dance: ....I can't wait to get this out of my hands... :thumbs:

Make sure when you submit the police certificate, it is the top copy that is considered the original. Mike's interview was done today and pending approval after submission of the original PC. I have it in my possession.

but the NVC needs an original AND you need one at the interview? but BOTH copies arent considered original??

Im so confused.

It confused me too. If you look at them it is hard to know the difference. What they did was put two pieces of paper together with a carbon between them and typed with a typewriter, then they attached the picture and put the police seal over the picture. So if you are not careful you could mix them up. Just send the one that is on top and bring the other with you to the interview just in case cause you never know with these people. Tonya sent in the original and they asked for the other copy at her interview. I just want someone to learn from my mistake.

thanks!!!

Thats sad about not having same day service Lita :(

That would have made my life SO MUCH easier :(

hmm

whats the best way to send the PC back to me?

Shrewdie, everytime I see your post my heart jumps becaus I so want you to get the darn NOA-2.

The best and fastest way is either DHL or Fed-Ex. Do not put it into the Ja mail system. It is a nightmare. It is best to pay the money and be sure you are going to get it than stress out over it not arriving on time. It cost Mike about Ja$2000 to send me DHL envelope.

Same for me using Fed-Ex and it was overnighted. I would tell your husband to go apply for the PC now if he has not already. With the 3 day service you have more than enough time to get the PC and have him send to you Shrewdie.

My husband appointed me the agent and the mail came to me in my name...i have a question about the PC...I got the mail my husband mailed to me using the regular mail system and I noticed the PC has a place where they are suppose to sign under his picture...my husband didn't sign it....r u suppose to sign it???...

Hmmm, I didnt even notice that. My husbands had a signature on it but I dont recall it being his. I'll check the PC copy when I get to work. I know it was signed, but I thought it was an officials siggie or something.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Jgay, do you have everthing else ready to go? Make sure you write the Kingston case number on the top right hand corner of all of your documents. Relax and breatheeeeeee..........

Learn from my mistakes. On line #20 of the Ds-230 in the section for from/to for his last address, did you or him handwrite "present" and also in the work history part?

YOu know that "present" thing has got alot of people I've read. Also the 2 passport photos, before it was well known to send those in. I forgot to write my husbands name on back of his photos....I wrote the stupid case number twice but not his name. I would think that if they look up the case number they will find his name....I swear...if I get an RFE for that stupid #######...I might.....

Make sure you also send in the photocopies of the BC, MC, and PC. They request those too!

Timeline

Thanks, jgay

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

YOu know that "present" thing has got alot of people I've read. Also the 2 passport photos, before it was well known to send those in. I forgot to write my husbands name on back of his photos....I wrote the stupid case number twice but not his name. I would think that if they look up the case number they will find his name....I swear...if I get an RFE for that stupid #######...I might.....

Make sure you also send in the photocopies of the BC, MC, and PC. They request those too!

so..send in originals AND copies of the BC, MC, and PC???

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

so..send in originals AND copies of the BC, MC, and PC???

Hey girl, I'm guessing it's

BC = Birth Certificate

MC = Marriage Certificate

PC = Police Certificate

I hope that was what you were asking.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Thanks Marlita for bringing that up...you are totally right...I read over the instructions for the immigrant visa application on travel.stat.gov website...here is an excerpt:

In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, the applicant and each accompanying family member must submit a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

Lucky thing I read this before going to the post office..... :thumbs:

US Embassy:

Timeline
Thanks Marlita for bringing that up...you are totally right...I read over the instructions for the immigrant visa application on travel.stat.gov website...here is an excerpt:

In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, the applicant and each accompanying family member must submit a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

so we DO need the original AND the copy..thats so strange

hahah thanks - I did know what they stood for I just was confused by needing the original AND a copy..

hahah aI dont even know why I am stressing about it b/c I am still at VSC :crying:

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

hahah thanks - I did know what they stood for I just was confused by needing the original AND a copy..

hahah aI dont even know why I am stressing about it b/c I am still at VSC :crying:

You need to send the originals to NVC along with a photocopy. As far as the PC second copy just have your husband hold on to it for the interview. he need only send you the original PC and you will photocopy that and send to the NVC also.

Timeline

You need to send the originals to NVC along with a photocopy. As far as the PC second copy just have your husband hold on to it for the interview. he need only send you the original PC and you will photocopy that and send to the NVC also.

Lita.... how it goes?

email me?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

The last step of this NVC process has finally come to an end for me... :dance: ....(well if i don't get any RFE of course)...I sent it yesterday express and i checked online and it was delivered and signed by an R.Austin this morning at 10:49am...Now hopefully I can relax for a bit and in the next week or two hear a case complete... :innocent: ...I told my husband he should start looking about going to a free clinic around him so he can get his vaccines up-to-date and he told me there is one like down the hill from him and he would do it before the end of this month...He's not in a hurry...he said he hates needles...(but he has a tattoo...don't really understand that...LOL)...I just feel so happy today... :blush:

Edited by jgay80

US Embassy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.