Bassi and Zainab

Air Tickets one way

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey guys!

I finally got my airline tickets to go over for the interview and it was harder to buy this ticket then any other ticket. I don't know why I was so stressed out. I waited until close to the last minute. Maybe it was because it was so expensive.

Anywhoo.....I'm hoping people would be willing to share details on how you got your SOs home. Did you buy the ticket here and somehow got it to them? Did you send them money and they bought the ticket there somewhere? I know they don't really accept or advise using credit cards in Ghana and I wouldn't want to use my debit card for fear of any fraud or accidents. I'm just looking for guidance and specifics on what was done. I figure a one way ticket is really cheaper. And I know some people have had to get transit visas, although, I'm flying direct I'm not sure if Bassi will fly direct. Any help or info would be great.

Thanks.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

My husband flew through Senegal. He didn't need a transit visa through Senegal and he flew on a one-way with South African Airlines. Everyone says RT are cheaper, but I don't know where they were finding those deals because for me, it was just cheaper to do one-way. I shopped around for prices on the flights that flew out of Senegal and South African had the best deal for us. I made all of the reservations on this side and they had me fill out and fax a credit card authorization form to the main HQ here in the US.

Oh yeah, it was an electronic ticket so he only had to show his ID in Senegal since it was already in the system. I did send him a copy of the confirmation email that was sent to me just in case they tried to hassle him.

Edited by LovinLiberia

Whappin' Zee,

I sent money over via Western Union for the RT ticket. For me the RT ticket was cheaper than the one way so that is what I bought. The travel agency didn't accept credit cards, so it had to be in cash. I have heard of others buying their tickets at the airport counter with the credit card, but I am not sure how that works.

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

:thumbs: Congratulations on getting your ticket. You have to be excited! :dance: I dont know much about the flight back to the states for your fiance'. Samuel is taking care of that in Ghana. In fact..since I have sent the final documents that "MAN of Mine" says he got everything under control. :wacko: Needless to say, if he shares how he did it I will make sure I post.

Erika

Edited by Ricca711

Timeline
Whappin' Zee,

I sent money over via Western Union for the RT ticket. For me the RT ticket was cheaper than the one way so that is what I bought. The travel agency didn't accept credit cards, so it had to be in cash. I have heard of others buying their tickets at the airport counter with the credit card, but I am not sure how that works.

So, he went to a travel agency to purchase his ticket there in Nigeria? Or was the travel agency here in the US? Is it cheaper to book from there directly?

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Timeline
My husband flew through Senegal. He didn't need a transit visa through Senegal and he flew on a one-way with South African Airlines. Everyone says RT are cheaper, but I don't know where they were finding those deals because for me, it was just cheaper to do one-way. I shopped around for prices on the flights that flew out of Senegal and South African had the best deal for us. I made all of the reservations on this side and they had me fill out and fax a credit card authorization form to the main HQ here in the US.

Oh yeah, it was an electronic ticket so he only had to show his ID in Senegal since it was already in the system. I did send him a copy of the confirmation email that was sent to me just in case they tried to hassle him.

We're coming in to NY and I think it'll be cheaper to buy a one way too. Did you use a travel agent? Is it possible to buy the ticket online in Africa? I used vayama to buy my ticket and their price was cheaper than the Delta price online for the same itinierary. Should I buy it now? I feel afraid to, really. Unsure of timing.

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would have him check in Ghana. Sometimes buying it on the ground in Ghana is cheaper. At least that is what we are going to do to compare prices.

We're coming in to NY and I think it'll be cheaper to buy a one way too. Did you use a travel agent? Is it possible to buy the ticket online in Africa? I used vayama to buy my ticket and their price was cheaper than the Delta price online for the same itinierary. Should I buy it now? I feel afraid to, really. Unsure of timing.

Are you wanting to come back on the same flight?

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
I would have him check in Ghana. Sometimes buying it on the ground in Ghana is cheaper. At least that is what we are going to do to compare prices.

Are you wanting to come back on the same flight?

We wanted to come back together, if we could. I planned my trip a day before his interview so that the bulk of the two and a half weeks is after the interview. I thought it might be cheaper to buy it in one of the airline offices in Ghana, but wasn't really sure. I'll mention it to Bassi. The problem is he likes to focus on one thing at a time, so he'll probably say, Don't worry about that now baby. One thing at a time. I know american multi-tasking culture is going to boggle his mind. But he'll adjust.

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

One step closer to your "happily ever after"......Congratulations on the ticket purchase.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Timeline
We wanted to come back together, if we could. I planned my trip a day before his interview so that the bulk of the two and a half weeks is after the interview. I thought it might be cheaper to buy it in one of the airline offices in Ghana, but wasn't really sure. I'll mention it to Bassi. The problem is he likes to focus on one thing at a time, so he'll probably say, Don't worry about that now baby. One thing at a time. I know american multi-tasking culture is going to boggle his mind. But he'll adjust.

I know that our fiances are related...I just know it.

So you guys are going to be coming back just as I am heading home. I would say have him look around a bit and see what is up. I am sure he can call the travel agents and see.

Click for full timeline

Whappin' Zee,

So, he went to a travel agency to purchase his ticket there in Nigeria? Or was the travel agency here in the US? Is it cheaper to book from there directly?

Hola Z,

He purchased his ticket there in Cameroon. It was cheaper, but if you don't have the money within a few days, they cancel the reservation.

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

I've heard from several people that purchasing the ticket in Africa can be cheaper. I think it is a great idea to look into. Zainab, I am really excited for you and the fact that you are looking into tickets! That means your time will come very soon!!!

Timeline
I spoke with Samuel this morning. He agrees that the tickets are significantly cheaper at the airlines in Ghana.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for that tip Erika...I think that is what we are going to do :)

Edited by ZeeNusah

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey guys,

I haven't booked Lucky's flight yet, but I did call delta and ask them how to do it... they said I can purchase a ticket here online or over the phone with a delta agent as I dont think delta allows us to purchase tickets FROM overseas (at least west africa) online... so how they said to do it would be to call the delta agent and ask them to book it and they would send a electronic ticket to email so I could then forward the email/electronic ticket to my fiance and he would print it out and have it. they did say though that if I use a credit card to purchase his ticket, I need to come to any airport delta counter just to show my ID so they have a confirmation in person that the ticket was not purchased using a stolen credit card... makes sense with lots of fraud going on these days..... thats it, and once I show id then the ticket is his and he just has to show his id and visa/passport and he's good to go!!!!

Hope this helps!! oh and I know delta does non-stop flights from Accra to NYC so that is super nice as there is no need for a transit visa that way!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

Steph

March 1 2007: Began taking an interest in each other online

June 25-July 10 2007: Met Lucky in Person for 1st Time and Stayed Together in Ghana with my father and son!

I-129F Sent : 7/25/07

I-129F NOA1 : 8/1/07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 12/7/07!!!! Yay!!!! :D

NVC Received : 12/14/07

NVC Left : 12/17/07

Consulate Received : 12/17/07

Packet 3 Received : 2/21/08

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2/21/08

Interview Date : 6/16/08

Visa Received :6/27/08

US Entry : 6/29/08

Marriage :6/29/08 by my pastor father before God

Public expensive marriage: 7/26/08 :)

Pregnant: 7/30/08

Found out It's a GIRL: 11/17/08

Baby Shakaya's Due Date: 4/22/09

e9969b19285f01d1a725be2d554c7787.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.