13 posts in this topic

I haven't seen anyone post anything about the RFE trick in a long time. I don't know if people have forgotten about it or what so I decided to make a post about it because I used it last year and it did work for me and I'm hoping it might work for some of you who have gotten several touches in a row.

{the following is taken from an old post of mine from last year about August 15 or so}

I had read about the RFE trick in other posts. I decided to try this after having received 2 touches and then no touch the next day. So I did a search on the forum for 'what is the rfe trick' Basically, from what I read in other posts is...after you receive a few touches, you can call the service center and say.... I looked online and noticed that my last updated date has changed and I was worried it might be because of a request for evidence (RFE) and so I was calling today to inquire about it.

After I said this to the officer, he just said...your case is approved and I said....I'm sorry, what did you say...lol b/c I thought I heard him wrong. He just said...congratulations you are approved, now can I have you verify your address.

Like I said hopefully it will work for some of you to find out if you have been approved or not.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Filed: Timeline

It is not a good idea to encourage people to use a dedicated phone line for people who have received a RFE when you are making a general enquiry....

People who have got a RFE only have a limited time frame to respond... using this phone line is selfish as it could be stopping someone who needs it from getting the help they need...

Kez

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
It is not a good idea to encourage people to use a dedicated phone line for people who have received a RFE when you are making a general enquiry....

People who have got a RFE only have a limited time frame to respond... using this phone line is selfish as it could be stopping someone who needs it from getting the help they need...

Kez

Sometimes you have to be a little selfish to get somewhere, oh have something done.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Kez

Sometimes you have to be a little selfish to get somewhere, oh have something done.

Yes, of course...the needs of all the other fellow petitioners just like you, waiting in line, should be disregarded so something can be done for you? :whistle:

The RFE line is just that, a dedicated line for those who received an RFE and wish to get further information. It is not a "I got a couple of touches in a row, so let me see if I got approved line." The more people who use it just to see if the touches mean approval may result in the eventual closing down of even this method of getting a "live person" to talk to at USCIS.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well I would agree that sometimes you do have to be a little selfish especially if you are waiting over 5mos to get an approval. I used the RFE trick and was transfered to a representative and I told them the automated system said I need additional info but I haven't received anything and if they can check...they said the usually that their system does not show anything so i asked another general question on why Vermont went backwards with processing date he said because they had to go back to working on July because of RFE that were sent out and they are now receiving and he asked me is there anything else and I said yes can you approve my petition (said it jokingly of course but was somewhat serious :whistle: ) and he laughed and said sorry I can't do that I just can check your petition online..and i said well thank you it was worth a shot and we both laughed and we said our goodbyes and hung up...next thing you know I received an email from CRIS the next day stating my petition was approved..I said before in an earlier post that I don't want to say that was the reason I was approved but what a coincidence don't you think...now the lines shouldn't be abused because then they will probably stop answering or get annoyed with anyone else who calls or shut down the lines all together but trying it once won't hurt...just to see what happens... :whistle:

Edited by jgay80

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Kez

Yes, of course...the needs of all the other fellow petitioners just like you, waiting in line, should be disregarded so something can be done for you? :whistle:

The RFE line is just that, a dedicated line for those who received an RFE and wish to get further information. It is not a "I got a couple of touches in a row, so let me see if I got approved line." The more people who use it just to see if the touches mean approval may result in the eventual closing down of even this method of getting a "live person" to talk to at USCIS.

-P

Listen this is a great community, great source of information, the person who came up with this I cant thank him/her enough. But this doesnt all of the sudden make all the members in to a brotherhood. I dont know you, I obviously care more about my wife's arival here more than I do about what you think. I really woudlnt care much about waiting, but when the wait is unjustified, sometimes you have to do things yourself. Whatever it takes. So you can blame everyone who is using all "UNFAIR" tricks to get touches or whatever, in the end its the result that matters not what you think and how unfair you think we "DO" things. If the system was actually workable, this might be a whole other ball game. But it is not.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The RFE line is NOT A TRICK. Why do people keep saying this? Its the same line that ANYONE can use to call USCIS and check status on their case. Going the RFE route during the automated phone prompts gets you to an operator who can open your file on their screen and tell you what your RFE is....if indeed you have one. This call DOES NOT speed up the process. It WILL incur a "touch" on your case and that would be because you called and had the operator look up your case on their screen. It is nothing less nothing more. If you are getting multiple touches in a row....be happy...it means that in all likely-hood your case is with an adjucator.

Some people NEVER get a touch because the adjucator was able to process their case so fast it never got an update...it just went straight from pending to approved. Some people get multiples touches, then call the RFE line...creating another touch and then maybe within a few days get an approval. The call DID NOT trigger the approval....the case was already being worked as you could tell by the multiple touches. The RFE line can either truly frustrate and worry you by making you think you have an RFE, or it could possibly help you by getting the information on the RFE that you actually have.

I would not suggest doing the "trick", but rather calling the number and listening to the prompts and when the automated system gives you the most recent update on your case...take that and leave it. Otherwise you could cause some damage. Your calls to the RFE line are logged with USCIS so they know each and every time you call and use it. I've heard cases on here where the operator got pretty rude upset and snippy and God knows what happened with the cases. Now if you truly need the RFE line...by all means use it, just dont abuse it.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

It's interesting that no one has complained about this being used before when posts were made about it. So why do you decide to make such an issue of it now?

Our CR-1 Timeline

Kez

If you had read my post correctly you would have seen this

"after you receive a few touches, you can call the service center and say.... I looked online and noticed that my last updated date has changed and I was worried it might be because of a request for evidence (RFE) and so I was calling today to inquire about it. "

Please tell me which part of that says to call the service center and use the RFE line? If you would notice I said to call the service center, I never said to follow the directions as if you had an RFE. Would some of the ppl who used it think to use the actual directions as if you had a real RFE? Maybe, maybe not, however, my point is you did not correctly read my post, and assumed I meant for them to use the RFE line which is in fact not what I intended which is why I left the part out about doing it that way b/c it's not necessary for them to use the RFE line to get that question answered.

Our CR-1 Timeline

The RFE line is NOT A TRICK. Why do people keep saying this?

It's obvious it's not really a trick. That is just what it has always been called as far as I know.

Our CR-1 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.