Beth/ Paris Heart

K1 petitions vs. K3 petitons

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a questions, I've noticed that VSC has approved several K1 petions, that were filed in Jan.

I filed a I-130 in Jan. and a I-129F in Feb. both now lay in some stinkin dusty box to probely rot, or until someone trips over them along with the rest of the filers from Aug and Sept. petitions which fell into the Black Hole of USCIS.

Can anyone tell me why K1 get approved faster then K3????????????????????????????????

Im happy for anyone who get approved so quickly, this waiting is grueling and lucky to have a petition approved, one less thing to deal with on this grueling process that keeps ours apart from our loved ones.

Im sorry Im ranting, but Im sick of being apart, and want a damn life here with my husband.

USCIS motto is Bringing Families together, Now prove it USCIS!!!

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Hello everyone,

I have a questions, I've noticed that VSC has approved several K1 petions, that were filed in Jan.

I filed a I-130 in Jan. and a I-129F in Feb. both now lay in some stinkin dusty box to probely rot, or until someone trips over them along with the rest of the filers from Aug and Sept. petitions which fell into the Black Hole of USCIS.

Can anyone tell me why K1 get approved faster then K3????????????????????????????????

Im happy for anyone who get approved so quickly, this waiting is grueling and lucky to have a petition approved, one less thing to deal with on this grueling process that keeps ours apart from our loved ones.

Im sorry Im ranting, but Im sick of being apart, and want a damn life here with my husband.

Paris Heart

I understand your frustration I am also waiting on NOA2 approval for K3 and we filed Oct 18th 2007 ...it is strange why USCIS say on thier website that they process in "Date Recieved Order"...seems so strange we 2007 Filers are sitting somewhere. I called London way back last Nov just to ask if i could travel to see my husband but unfortunately i can't because i would require a B1 visa and they told me it would be hard to prove strong ties to UK now i am married...it's a long story but nothing criminal just awkward anyways they told me instead of waiting on CR1 i should file for K3 because they are taking approx 5 months and would reunite me sooner than waiting on CR1 (I-130) but here i am still waiting on USCIS to approve me ...Long wait i have not seen my hubby since August 2007

Hang in there it has to be dealt with sooner or later :) No consilation i know but there are a few of us out there Waiting so ur not alone and just think when u get NOA2 it wil go much faster !

Michelle

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Paris Heart

I agree… In my opinion the K-3 should be as fast as a K-1, but that is not the way it work with USCIS. If you think about it, K-1 is letting someone into the country quickly, that appears to have had less scrutiny, while spouses are left waiting. Timelines are all over the place, so there is very little proof of the claim “first in – first served”. Where is the logic in that?

K-3 was intended to get families together quickly while waiting on immigration, but the flood of last year has turned it into molasses. Other than the extra complexity of I-130 to process, compared to K-1, I have no idea why a K-1 should occur any faster than a K-3. It’s the same %^&*n form.

I know there are a lot of concerns for the country. Security and not wanting to cause undue burden on the government support services to name a couple. But, my concern is that this country’s laws are based on “innocent until proven guilty”, yet, immigration of family seems to be “guilty until proven innocent”. Pardon me, I’m ranting too.

Oh, well… I’m just praying that we see a speed increase in approvals now that they claim they are working on September filers and are past the flood. Sadly, there are still those waiting, treading water, from last summer.

My 2cents…

Best of luck and speed for us all.

• 04-04-2006 Met on Internet
  • 09-22-2007 Married

• ----- I-130 ----------
  • 10-29-2007 Mailed
  • 04-02-2008 Approved (NOA2 received 4/11/08, no web update)

• ----- I-129F ---------
  • 01-22-2008 Mailed
  • 04-02-2008 Approved (NOA2 received 4/11/08, no web update)
  • 06-16-2008 Interview (Visa received 6-18)
  • 06-22-2008 US Entry

• ----- AOS ---------
  • 08-11-2009 Mailed I-485 Package
  • 08-13-2009 Pachage delivered Chicago lockbox
  • 08-19-2009 Check cashed by USCIS
  • 08-20-2009 NOA1 Received - USCIS
  • 08-31-2009 NOA BIO Appointment Scheduled
  • 09-16-2009 BIO Appointment
  • 11-03-2009 Interview Appointment - SUCCESS!!!
  • 11-13-2009 10 year GC arrived !!!
  • Applying for US citizenship in 3 years...!!!!!!!!

The heart can endure so very much, but every moment apart still feels like an eternity.

We will be patient and we will endure, because the love we received is in answer to our dreams.

Hello everyone,

Paris Heart

I agree… In my opinion the K-3 should be as fast as a K-1, but that is not the way it work with USCIS. If you think about it, K-1 is letting someone into the country quickly, that appears to have had less scrutiny, while spouses are left waiting. Timelines are all over the place, so there is very little proof of the claim “first in – first served”. Where is the logic in that?

K-3 was intended to get families together quickly while waiting on immigration, but the flood of last year has turned it into molasses. Other than the extra complexity of I-130 to process, compared to K-1, I have no idea why a K-1 should occur any faster than a K-3. It’s the same %^&*n form.

I know there are a lot of concerns for the country. Security and not wanting to cause undue burden on the government support services to name a couple. But, my concern is that this country’s laws are based on “innocent until proven guilty”, yet, immigration of family seems to be “guilty until proven innocent”. Pardon me, I’m ranting too.

Oh, well… I’m just praying that we see a speed increase in approvals now that they claim they are working on September filers and are past the flood. Sadly, there are still those waiting, treading water, from last summer.

My 2cents…

Hello everyone,

Paris Heart

My 2cents…

Truly happy!!!

Hello everyone,

Paris Heart

My 2cents…

Hey folks,

Thanks for your words, I know I sounded like a spoiled, selfish brat, in rality Im not. I just like all of us, working Americans, pay my taxes, work 50 hours a week, and come home to a very empty house. After awhile the loneliess gets to me and I explode, guess I better have a drink, or take a relaxer, but instead will have a cheeseburger , the grease in the burger will kill me faster then waiting for USCIS to come back to life. "Naw, forget chesseburger I already lost 75 pounds in the past 5 months" See what lonelimness does to a person.

Thanks again to everyone, your support means the world to me, and I truly mean that.

God Speed to us all!!!!

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

I see you've discovered the USCIS diet! ;)

Chin up though. You will get your approval. You just have to be patient and try not to think about the lack of logic to their process. And also remember that this is a privilege and not a right.

But I agree 100% that it makes zero sense that a K1 is quicker than a K3 or above. Two people who do not have a commitment to one another in any legal sense have greater ease in bringing someone here than two people who have made an emotional, legal and financial commitment to one another. Whether he's here or not, if I get hit by a bus, he gets my 401K. But he just can't take care of my children because they're here and he's in Canada. So of course it makes perfect sense to bring in someone on a K1, someone who may or may not have spent much time together into the country so they can rush, hurry up to get married perhaps before they might otherwise, just so they don't have to date a continent or more apart. (Sigh...)

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

I see you've discovered the USCIS diet! ;)

Chin up though. You will get your approval. You just have to be patient and try not to think about the lack of logic to their process. And also remember that this is a privilege and not a right.

But I agree 100% that it makes zero sense that a K1 is quicker than a K3 or above. Two people who do not have a commitment to one another in any legal sense have greater ease in bringing someone here than two people who have made an emotional, legal and financial commitment to one another. Whether he's here or not, if I get hit by a bus, he gets my 401K. But he just can't take care of my children because they're here and he's in Canada. So of course it makes perfect sense to bring in someone on a K1, someone who may or may not have spent much time together into the country so they can rush, hurry up to get married perhaps before they might otherwise, just so they don't have to date a continent or more apart. (Sigh...)

Yeah ,the USICS diet works wonders, that and the punching bag in my day room. When my husband get here , he will not know me. Everytime he sees me, I get smaller and smaller. HUM, new body, next new hair color and hello to blue eye contacts, ha ha.

Thanks again for your support, people like you and others will help me get thru this and my out bursts.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS thinks in terms of money, convenience, and workflow....not in terms of logic, fairness, or humanity. Just my opinion, of course.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

USCIS thinks in terms of money, convenience, and workflow....not in terms of logic, fairness, or humanity. Just my opinion, of course.

WELL SAID LvivLovers, Well said!!!

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

WELL SAID LvivLovers, Well said!!!

Paris Heart

Any K3 filers approved at VSC in the past few days????????

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.