forgiven

Birth certificate problem and need advice

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My girlfriend's brother went to get a certified copy of her birth certificate today at General Santos City, Local Civil Registrar and they said that her dad's name is missing a letter and so it will take up to two months to correct it and cost 15,000 pesos. What I don't understand is that she has a photocopy of a certified copy of her birth certificate and the name is correct.

I feel like since this place knows she is applying for a visa they are taking advantage and they are charging more than three months wages to correct this? Maybe I'm out in left field on this one but what do you think about this?

signed,

Aggravated

My girlfriend's brother went to get a certified copy of her birth certificate today at General Santos City, Local Civil Registrar and they said that her dad's name is missing a letter and so it will take up to two months to correct it and cost 15,000 pesos. What I don't understand is that she has a photocopy of a certified copy of her birth certificate and the name is correct.

I feel like since this place knows she is applying for a visa they are taking advantage and they are charging more than three months wages to correct this? Maybe I'm out in left field on this one but what do you think about this?

signed,

Aggravated

tell her to go online in NSO, National Statistic Offic, and ordered an authentic BC..i did it, and it only cost P300 includes the delivery fee.

and the certificate of NO marriage, P400 includes delivery.

If she has photocopy, then it is correct,,, order online in Manila... no corruption :)

Birth certificate from the local registrar is not important bcoz' what USE need was her birth certificate from the NSO.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

signed,

Aggravated

Well, i guess somebody is trying to scam you, if she has a photocopy with the correct name, then theres no problem.

Request a certified copy of her birth certificate from NSO, thats the US Embassy's requirement, you yourself can request for it online at this website https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp.

I'm not sure if theres an NSO office at General Santos but if not there's one at Davao City, your gf can go there and request for one, if she get there by 8:00 am she can get it by 1:00pm. It only cost 125 pesos if she will request it personally.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

She will just need the certified true copy if her father has no record in NSO,if she has NSO copy,she could just go to the nearest NSO office and bring the photocopy of her father's BC and submit it together with the application form and the Php125.00 payment.anyway,USEM dont need the Certified true copy.But 15,000 pesos for an ommited letter?somebody's trying to milk you out of money.i just had a correction of my name at Manila City Hall,with 2 consecutive weeks of publishing in the local newspaper and i paid only less than a total of 4,000pesos.as for her case,i guess it will just cost her less than Php2,000 in case she'll have it corrected.

09/25/2005 - Date when I filed for Declaration for Nullity of Marriage (Manila RTC)

01/04/2007 - Met my Fiance on MySpace.com

05/04-12/2007 - First visit

07/16/2007 - Pre - Trial hearing

10/05/2007 - First hearing

01/11/2008 - Decision granted

02/13/2008 - Court released the finality

02/22/2008 - Sent my fiance all the docs needed to file for a K-1

03/12/2008 - Received the docs that i sent him

03/13/2008 - I129F sent to CSC

03/14/2008 - I129F delivered at CSC signed for by E.Galindo at 11:10AM

03/20/2008 - Check cashed

03/21/2008 - NOA1 received thru mail

3LITRNoT3D_3tsZokYfsalAky26jxC9h.jpg

4389.gif

4407.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

signed,

Aggravated

Well, i guess somebody is trying to scam you, if she has a photocopy with the correct name, then theres no problem.

Request a certified copy of her birth certificate from NSO, thats the US Embassy's requirement, you yourself can request for it online at this website https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp.

I'm not sure if theres an NSO office at General Santos but if not there's one at Davao City, your gf can go there and request for one, if she get there by 8:00 am she can get it by 1:00pm. It only cost 125 pesos if she will request it personally.

Thanks everyone for your quick replies. I was unable to get much sleep last night because of this.

I don't know if I gave enough information on my first post because I was upset and tired but from my conversation with her last night she has a xerox copy she made of her original certified BC which is dated in 1996 and her father's name is spelled correctly. The original has been lost and her Father is now passed away.

I will let her know to go to the local NSO office in Davao city to get a copy of her BC and I will give an update on the forum here of what happened.

What USEM/USCIS/NVC will accept is NSO copy of documents (Birth certificate. marriage certificate, etc.). If his name on the BC is correct, then there's nothing to worry about with regards to his father's name since his father is already deceased.

If any documents have problems with spelling (applicant's), the usual process is:

1. To apply for a "Correction of Entry" and this only cost P1,500.00 that includes the forms, the publication for 3 weeks. And the applicant need to present supporting documents where they (LCR) will follow the "right name" (like baptismal certificate, others). This usually takes about a month.
  2. Then after that, the LCR/Registrar will give the applicant a "new copy" of his/her "corrected" document.
  3. The applicant then will have to request for an "Endorsement Letter" from the Registrar addressed to NSO. The applicant will be paying for this (courier: LBC) and he/she will receive a copy of the endorsement letter together with the corrected document.
  4. Once he/she received the endorsement letter, he/she needs to go to NSO in Quezon City (not the Main NSO but at Vibal Building cor. EDSA). Present the endorsement letter and he/she will be asked to proceed either to the 2nd/3rd floor to verify if NSO have indeed received the copy from the LCR.
  5. If they already have the copy, then he/she can apply for the "unconverted copy" (use to be php60.00/copy) of the "Annotated Document" (Corrected document). While there, make sure to apply for at least 3 copies as "Annotated Documents" will not be available in any of NSO's Serbilis Stations (not even the Main NSO Office in QC). Annotated documents are only available at NSO-Vibal Building and this usually gets into their system (electronic) after about "5years" (According to Ms. Hufana, who is the Asst. Director of NSO for Region 3).

I went through all this process, so does my Mom and my brother-in-law. My Father's Middle Name was typed as "A" rather than "E" but I did not bother to correct it anymore since my father is already deceased and besides I cannot present other supporting documents since records from his LCR was destroyed due to a fire years ago. I hope this info helps.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
What USEM/USCIS/NVC will accept is NSO copy of documents (Birth certificate. marriage certificate, etc.). If his name on the BC is correct, then there's nothing to worry about with regards to his father's name since his father is already deceased.

If any documents have problems with spelling (applicant's), the usual process is:

1. To apply for a "Correction of Entry" and this only cost P1,500.00 that includes the forms, the publication for 3 weeks. And the applicant need to present supporting documents where they (LCR) will follow the "right name" (like baptismal certificate, others). This usually takes about a month.
  2. Then after that, the LCR/Registrar will give the applicant a "new copy" of his/her "corrected" document.
  3. The applicant then will have to request for an "Endorsement Letter" from the Registrar addressed to NSO. The applicant will be paying for this (courier: LBC) and he/she will receive a copy of the endorsement letter together with the corrected document.
  4. Once he/she received the endorsement letter, he/she needs to go to NSO in Quezon City (not the Main NSO but at Vibal Building cor. EDSA). Present the endorsement letter and he/she will be asked to proceed either to the 2nd/3rd floor to verify if NSO have indeed received the copy from the LCR.
  5. If they already have the copy, then he/she can apply for the "unconverted copy" (use to be php60.00/copy) of the "Annotated Document" (Corrected document). While there, make sure to apply for at least 3 copies as "Annotated Documents" will not be available in any of NSO's Serbilis Stations (not even the Main NSO Office in QC). Annotated documents are only available at NSO-Vibal Building and this usually gets into their system (electronic) after about "5years" (According to Ms. Hufana, who is the Asst. Director of NSO for Region 3).
I went through all this process, so does my Mom and my brother-in-law. My Father's Middle Name was typed as "A" rather than "E" but I did not bother to correct it anymore since my father is already deceased and besides I cannot present other supporting documents since records from his LCR was destroyed due to a fire years ago. I hope this info helps.

this is somewhat correct except that he/she will submit the finality to the NSO East Ave Area B and not at Vibal blg anymore.

for more clarification regarding change of name or correction of errors,you might want to check this RA9048. hope this helps.

Edited by manilagirl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.