Wrights

So i'm having a Late Wedding Reception.....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

on may 24th to have all my husband's family and my friends together... we're having it at a beach on Picnic Island in Tampa.... I already budgeted for everything, and was short on the wedding cake!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know how to make a wedding cake??? is it simple? i'm thinking of trying to do one sometime this week then do it again the day before my reception...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

If you haven't baked previously, I would recommend just using a box mix as a base; depending on the size of your cake you make need 2-3 boxes of mix. Using milk instead of water and adding (1) 16 oz container of sour cream per box will make your cake richer and better tasting. Also you could a little extract (vanilla, lemon, almond, etc.) to enhance the flavor.

I think the distinguishing feature of a wedding cake is the decoration. I would go for simple- may be decorate it with fresh flowers. a small bouquet on the top layer accented with a few smaller flowers on the other layers.

If you need to buy baking pans, go to a craft store (michael's, hobby lobby, etc) or wal-mart's craft section. The baking pans they have there are tiered and designed for party cakes. The dimensions might be a little off if you just get a big pan and a smaller pan in the cookware section.

Also, I don't know their pricing; but I've heard that Publix makes nice wedding cakes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Also, if there is a cooking school in your area give them a call. I used to frequent a bakery run by a culinary school, and their cakes were AMAZING, and since they were done by students they were less expensive.

Edited by reeses16

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ooooo awesome replies!! I'll try giving a culinary school a call and see what's up.. and i'll also try to make a small cake at first from those ingredients, then X it by the size increase :D

i knew i could count on y'all :D

Also, if there is a cooking school in your area give them a call. I used to frequent a bakery run by a culinary school, and their cakes were AMAZING, and since they were done by students they were less expensive.

This was a great idea for her. Good job :thumbs:

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.