RealPi

A question on I-639A

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

The excellent FAQ http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html mentions that when filing for AOS

You should simply send in a copy of the I693A (sheet that lists your vaccinations) that your doctor should have provided overseas when you had your medical.

Thing is, the sheet that lists the vaccinations is NOT called I-693A but DS-3025. I thought that once in the US I need to see a USCIS-appointed civil surgeon who will "transfer" the DS-3025 vaccinations (including the extra ones that I have done overseas and have records of, as after Feb 2008 there are additional vaccinations required for K-1 applicants) into an I-639A he will fill in and "seal" the envelope, hand it to me and I will add it with the I-485 evidence.

So what's the story here then? :o Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
The excellent FAQ http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html mentions that when filing for AOS

You should simply send in a copy of the I693A (sheet that lists your vaccinations) that your doctor should have provided overseas when you had your medical.

Thing is, the sheet that lists the vaccinations is NOT called I-693A but DS-3025. I thought that once in the US I need to see a USCIS-appointed civil surgeon who will "transfer" the DS-3025 vaccinations (including the extra ones that I have done overseas and have records of, as after Feb 2008 there are additional vaccinations required for K-1 applicants) into an I-639A he will fill in and "seal" the envelope, hand it to me and I will add it with the I-485 evidence.

Pi

You are right... there is no such thing as the I-693A... It is actually referred to as Supplement Form to I-693. Some people have used the DS-3025 in lieu of this form and others have had the DS-3025 (or other vaccination record) transcribed to the supplement by a civil surgeon

The supplement is found here ... http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So whats your question?

The FAQ spells out exactly what to do, you get foreign vaccination record transfered to a supplement by a US Civil Surgeon and include the supplement with your AOS application.

NOTE: when contacting C.S. to do this, you need to INSIST on just a supplement, many doctors will try to get you to do a full medical exam again, this is not needed for K-Visa holders, bring the I-485 directions to the doctor if you have to.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

Pi

That FAQ has not been updated. You should check the pinned topic here: Forms I-693A and DS-3025. :)

You are right... there is no such thing as the I-693A... It is actually referred to as Supplement Form to I-693. Some people have used the DS-3025 in lieu of this form and others have had the DS-3025 (or other vaccination record) transcribed to the supplement by a civil surgeon

According to this USCIS fact sheet there is such a thing as Form I-693a. From Page 4 of that document:

• Medical Examinations of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status (Form I-693) and Supplemental Form to I-693 (Form I-693A).

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
That FAQ has not been updated. You should check the pinned topic here: Forms I-693A and DS-3025. :)

Thanks to all who replied so fast! Sorry that my questions was not very clear, but essentially you all guessed it right; I was just wondering if the original form is called I-639A (as the old FAQ mentions) as the one I have in my hands is called DS-3025. Krikit, that was a very helpful post; I wish I had read your FAQ that Captain Ewok had pinned before writing!

Anyway, it seems I will NOT need a medical I-639 after all (I will be well within the year limit by the time I apply for AOS) but I will definitely need a I-639A attached simply because my list of vaccinations includes two "age-inappropriate waivers" (pneumococcal, Hib) and for this reason the list of vaccinations was marked by my Embassy panel physician as "incomplete" (I also have a "blank" for DT/DTaP/DTP which are for infants and thus not applicable at all). I suppose that most people will have some sort of waiver for a vaccine and thus have an incomplete list. Additionally, as I mentioned before, additional vaccinations are required after February 2008, and while my panel physician had told me they still go by the old list, it's probably a good idea to bring officially translated (if need be) copies of the new additional vaccinations required (e.g. Hepatitis A is a new one, and requires two shots to be completed over a period of a month). I will thus contact one of the civil surgeons that thread mentioned and fax him my DS-3025 (unless the civil surgeon in future needs to see any of the additional new vaccinations in which case I will have to go in person to see him/her).

Again, thanks so much everyone!

Pi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pi

According to this USCIS fact sheet there is such a thing as Form I-693a. From Page 4 of that document:

• Medical Examinations of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status (Form I-693) and Supplemental Form to I-693 (Form I-693A).

There is a common reference to this thing known as the I-693A but the official name of the form itself is not designated as such.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.