iKHiNG

US embassy in Manila

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, again :blush:

Do you guys know if the US embassy in Manila sends out a letter or a notice to the fiance(e) to inform her/him that they received the application and it's ok to schedule a visa interview?

I know the embassy in manila has this new appointment system that you can call or go online to schedule an appointment for a visa interview but I'm not sure if they still notify the beneficiary in the philippines OR he/she needs to call the embassy to confirm if they have the application already. I was just confused and amazed that on their website they have all the info and the forms needed..even the packet for completing the required documents!

My Wife's Timeline

Naturalization (N-400)

Service Center: USCIS Dallas Lockbox

EVENT/DATE

Filing Date:

NOA Date:

Biometrics Appt Date:

Interview Date:

Approved:

Oath Ceremony Date:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ricky&Chat (K1) AOS & EAD

Service Center : California Service Center
EVENT/ DATE

Date of Flight to US: AUGUST 13, 2008 ARRIVED!(A NEW JOURNEY BEGINS...)
Date of Marriage: AUGUST 20. 2008
SSN Card Received: SEPTEMBER 25, 2008
AOS & EAD Application: OCTOBER 28, 2008
Case Transfer CSC: NOVEMBER 19, 2008
Biometrics Appointment: DECEMBER 3, 2008
Case Pending at CSC: JANUARY 2, 2009
EAD Approved: JANUARY 9, 2009
EAD Card Received: JANUARY 12, 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Some says that the embassy dont send any packet anymore. You just have to call them to set an interview schedule. :yes:

Do you guys know if the US embassy in Manila sends out a letter or a notice to the fiance(e) to inform her/him that they received the application and it's ok to schedule a visa interview?

I know the embassy in manila has this new appointment system that you can call or go online to schedule an appointment for a visa interview but I'm not sure if they still notify the beneficiary in the philippines OR he/she needs to call the embassy to confirm if they have the application already. I was just confused and amazed that on their website they have all the info and the forms needed..even the packet for completing the required documents!

Really? how about you? did you receive any letter or packet from the embassy? i saw your timeline and you got a interview date, congrats!

Hi,

Some says that the embassy dont send any packet anymore. You just have to call them to set an interview schedule. :yes:

My Wife's Timeline

Naturalization (N-400)

EVENT/DATE

Filing Date:

NOA Date:

Biometrics Appt Date:

Interview Date:

Approved:

Oath Ceremony Date:

EVENT/ DATE

Timeline
Really? how about you? did you receive any letter or packet from the embassy? i saw your timeline and you got a interview date, congrats!

Nope i didnt receive anything. My husband called and set for my interview. Scheduled on 12 May. Thank you.. :)

Timeline

The Manila Embassy will send a letter to both of you if they already received your approved petition. In some cases some people didn't get it, but i did got mine. You will receive this prior to Packet 4 with interview appointment.

Timeline

Ikhing,

I have asked this almost same question just few days ago, about receiving packet from the embassy, there's updated version, is why nowadays Embassy dont send packet anymore, please check this out:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119774

The Manila Embassy will send a letter to both of you if they already received your approved petition. In some cases some people didn't get it, but i did got mine. You will receive this prior to Packet 4 with interview appointment.

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

Timeline

I dont receive anything yet, or i dont know if i will receive any packet from them,

What i received after my husband scheduled my interview was an email from:

philippines@ us-visaservices.com Appointment Confirmation from the Visa Information Service - The Philippines Mon 31 Mar 2008 11k

i just printed this and this will be the one i will present to St. Lukes when i have my medical, and if i dont receive anything from embassy , this im goin to use to present in my interview as well.

Nope i didnt receive anything. My husband called and set for my interview. Scheduled on 12 May. Thank you.. :)

Timeline

I apologize for my reply, my case happend a year ago and i wasn't aware of the new changes. So to correct my act, i found out that the new procedure is that: you have to call for your interview appointment.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3235.html

Rescheduling Appointments

Starting March 19, 2008, those applying for K-1, K-2, K-3 and K-4 visas who have been notified by the Embassy to prepare for their interview can call 1-909-101-7878 (within the Philippines) to schedule an interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy. The cost of the 909 service is U.S. $0.98 per minute; this amount will be charged to your telephone bill.

Applicants, Agents or Petitioners calling from within the United States will also be able to use this service by calling 1-888-877-9888. The cost of the 888 service from the United States is a U.S. $18 PIN payable using a Visa or MasterCard once you have called into the service.

Applicants or their representatives must have the applicant’s Immigrant Case Number as given in the Embassy notification letter available when they call to schedule an appointment.

Callers can speak with an English or Tagalog speaking operator. The service is available to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, Manila local time.

For more information on this service, please click here.

Applicants for all other immigrant visa categories unable to make previously scheduled appointments can call the same number, where an operator can reschedule appointments if no medical examination is pending.

Timeline

:thumbs::)

I apologize for my reply, my case happend a year ago and i wasn't aware of the new changes. So to correct my act, i found out that the new procedure is that: you have to call for your interview appointment.

Rescheduling Appointments

Starting March 19, 2008, those applying for K-1, K-2, K-3 and K-4 visas who have been notified by the Embassy to prepare for their interview can call 1-909-101-7878 (within the Philippines) to schedule an interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy. The cost of the 909 service is U.S. $0.98 per minute; this amount will be charged to your telephone bill.

Applicants, Agents or Petitioners calling from within the United States will also be able to use this service by calling 1-888-877-9888. The cost of the 888 service from the United States is a U.S. $18 PIN payable using a Visa or MasterCard once you have called into the service.

Applicants or their representatives must have the applicant’s Immigrant Case Number as given in the Embassy notification letter available when they call to schedule an appointment.

Callers can speak with an English or Tagalog speaking operator. The service is available to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, Manila local time.

Applicants for all other immigrant visa categories unable to make previously scheduled appointments can call the same number, where an operator can reschedule appointments if no medical examination is pending.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hmm..well my fiancee recieved her packet 3 on april 5th., we actually got confused too because of the new interview scheduling procedures, but got all clarified now. what happens now is she gathers the required docs, call for an interview and medical exam date. ill try to see if we have some more people here in vj who got a packet in their mails recently too.

good luck to all of us :)

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

Sent I-129F Petition..................................10/03/07

Petition Received......................................10/04/07

Check cashed..........................................10/05/07

NOA 1 Received.......................................10/12/07

NOA 2 Received.......................................01/30/08

Packet 3 Received....................................04/04/08

Interview Date.........................................06/10/08 APPROVED! THANK YOU LORD!

Visa Received.........................................06/16/08 THANK YOU LORD!

Attended CFO -Seminar...........................10/17/08 ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL!

Left for USA/US Entry..............................07/25/08

GOT MARRIED ('',) .................................10/15/08

AOS TIMELINE

Sent I-485 Petition..................................10/18/08

I-485 Arrived Chicago Lockbox................10/23/08

NOA Received .......................................11/01/08

EAD TIMELINE

Sent I-765 Petition..................................10/18/08

I-765 Arrived Chicago Lockbox................10/23/08

NOA Received .......................................11/01/08

AP TIMELINE

Sent I-131 Petition.................................10/18/08

I-131 Arrived Chicago Lockbox...............10/23/08

NOA Received ......................................11/01/08

Hey thanks guys!

So some people still getting their packet in the mail while others did not get anything at all they just called the embassy...? I'm gonna ask my fiancee to call the embassy and ask them about it just to make sure. I think this new system is nice but they should atleast send a letter or something confirming that the petition was received and ready to make an appointment for interview.

My Wife's Timeline

Naturalization (N-400)

EVENT/DATE

Filing Date:

NOA Date:

Biometrics Appt Date:

Interview Date:

Approved:

Oath Ceremony Date:

EVENT/ DATE

Rescheduling Appointment

Hi!

Ok their website says: "Starting March 19, 2008, those applying for K-1,K-2,K-3 an K-4 visa(s) WHO HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED BY THE EMBASSY TO PREPARE FOR THEIR INTERVIEW....."

It means they are going to notify the applicant BEFORE calling to schedule an interview, right?

My Wife's Timeline

Naturalization (N-400)

EVENT/DATE

Filing Date:

NOA Date:

Biometrics Appt Date:

Interview Date:

Approved:

Oath Ceremony Date:

EVENT/ DATE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.