beauty2783

appointment letter from US embassy

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, can anyone help me? I'm on a k1 visa and I called the US embassy last week, I was told my papers were already there and that I would have to wait for their letter to arrive before I schedule for an appointment. I was told this would take about 1 to 3 months of waiting for the letter to arrive. Is this true? Should I wait for the letter from the US embassy to arrive or could I just call the US embassy and schedule for a visa interview? Our agent warned us that we shouldnt keep bugging the US embassy because they might give us a hard time during the interview, so now I'm hesitant whether I should follow up or not.

Does anyone have any idea on this matter? Please help! Really confused at the moment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have to call the USE to schedule your interview appoinment. .

They will give such following dates adn for your medical. .

You can talk to my friend who did called the USE too lastweek to sched her apponiment. .

dbears you can see her on my freinds list. .

Ingatz Goodluck to your interview..

Hi, can anyone help me? I'm on a k1 visa and I called the US embassy last week, I was told my papers were already there and that I would have to wait for their letter to arrive before I schedule for an appointment. I was told this would take about 1 to 3 months of waiting for the letter to arrive. Is this true? Should I wait for the letter from the US embassy to arrive or could I just call the US embassy and schedule for a visa interview? Our agent warned us that we shouldnt keep bugging the US embassy because they might give us a hard time during the interview, so now I'm hesitant whether I should follow up or not.

Does anyone have any idea on this matter? Please help! Really confused at the moment.

dancing-2.gifDSCN0582-1.jpgdancing-2.gif

thweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gif

butterflies.gifbutterflies.gif

-a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e-

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I don't know how long the embassy in your country takes to send out packet three but in our case it took us about a week for my fiancee to get packet three which contains the ds 156 forms the check list and the interview date there is no packet 4 in her country. But if the petitioner (USC) is with you he or she can go to the embassy and pick up the packet themselves but i don't know if the embassy in your country allows that other than that i say wait for a couple of weeks and give them a call i hope this helps goodluck.

Our Timeline:

08/20/07-----Mailed I-129F to CSC

08/21/07-----Recieved at CSC

09/26/07-----NOA1

02/06/08-----Touched (RFE Trick) and approved the same day.

02/07/08-----NOA2 VIA Cris E-mail

02/11/08-----NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

02/25/08-----Received at NVC

02/27/08-----Left NVC

03/03/08-----Received at Embassy

04/03/08-----Interview! APPROVED!!! YEA YEA YEAH

04/08/08-----VISA In Hand!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!

04/18/08-----She's finally coming home POA IAD!!!

hello, i just pm'd you....

if embassy has confirmed that your papers arrived already, you can call tomorrow since it is holiday today.... just let your fiance call kay mas barato. you can call from 8am-6pm philippine time :thumbs:

Good luck and God bless. (F)

all the info you will need is in the packet 4: Immigrant and "K" visa packets- updated March 2008

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, i also thought i should call the Embassy to arrange an interview after not hearing from then in around 8 weeks. But i held in there and got my letter confirming appointment last week. Apparently for a K1 fiance visa they give us the appointment we do not have to call and arrange one.

Best of luck on getting an appointment soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i also thought i should call the Embassy to arrange an interview after not hearing from then in around 8 weeks. But i held in there and got my letter confirming appointment last week. Apparently for a K1 fiance visa they give us the appointment we do not have to call and arrange one.

Best of luck on getting an appointment soon.

Okay, thanks to everyone who has answered to my post! I think I will wait for a couple of weeks before I follow up on it. Dbears, thank you for the guidance. Good luck to everyone who is due for an interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.