LIFE'SJOURNEY

How Will The Work Program Effect the I30 Visa Application

12 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone,

First let me start by saying I am new to this site and process. I just got married in February to my wonderful Jamaican husband. We are in the process of putting together the documents for the I30, but he might have an oppportunity to come to USA on a work program as eary as next month. I would love to have him here; he will be located in my state, so we will be a lot closer. Also, he wants to work and I respect this of him. If he comes here on a work visa, will USIC look at this as unfavorable? He may have to tell them, that he is not married if the question arises. We hope this is not asked of him.

I have many more questions, but this one is of my most concern right now. Thanks for any in-put anyone may have on this.

Be Blessed

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Rox,

First welcome to VJ. You'll get so much great info here. Its been a life saver to me.

Secondly, I think thats great that your hubby got the work program going for him. He should NOT lie however about being married cause that WILL affect him getting his greencard later. You will have to show your marriage license later for that and if the dates dont match...big trouble.

I don't believe that USCIS will look at him working in the US legally as unfavorable...as soon as he starts lying it will be unfavorable.

I say continue down his path for the work program, and then apply to adjust his status once he's here. If he doesnt get granted the work program then continue with the plan to apply for his CR1 visa while he resides in JA.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

agreed..no lieing..will come back and haunt you..and it shouldn't look sus[ect b/c u guys were married before he got here..so no fraud there

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Hello Rox,

First welcome to VJ. You'll get so much great info here. Its been a life saver to me.

Secondly, I think thats great that your hubby got the work program going for him. He should NOT lie however about being married cause that WILL affect him getting his greencard later. You will have to show your marriage license later for that and if the dates dont match...big trouble.

I don't believe that USCIS will look at him working in the US legally as unfavorable...as soon as he starts lying it will be unfavorable.

I say continue down his path for the work program, and then apply to adjust his status once he's here. If he doesnt get granted the work program then continue with the plan to apply for his CR1 visa while he resides in JA.

First let me thank you and all that has welcomed us to this site.

Now let me get this straight, if my hubsand can come on the work program, I can apply for an adjustment of his staus from here and he does not have to go back to Jamaica to wait for an Interview date for the I30. If that is so, I would be in heaven. I am trying to weigh all of our options. So if there is anymore in-put you or any other VJ is willing to share with me I would be so greatful.

Be Bless,

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

Kimmy is on point! :thumbs:

If your hubby entered the US legally then he can adjust his status while here in the US...he doesnt have to go back to JA to wait for it. This is one of those luxuries that most dont have cause they were not able to get to the US legally with another visa. But if your hubby can do that... great!!

I tried to see about my hubby doing it but it was taking so long that we just applied for the visa the old fashioned way.haha

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Kimmy is on point! :thumbs:

If your hubby entered the US legally then he can adjust his status while here in the US...he doesnt have to go back to JA to wait for it. This is one of those luxuries that most dont have cause they were not able to get to the US legally with another visa. But if your hubby can do that... great!!

I tried to see about my hubby doing it but it was taking so long that we just applied for the visa the old fashioned way.haha

Ladies, you'll have given me some great news and advice. We will follow your advise and continue on the path of the work program. I will let you know when he get his work visa.

Be Bless

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agre with Kimmy & Marlita. Should be no problem applying to adjust status once he is here. And, I strongly agree with them.....please tell them the truth throughout the entire process.

Is he going to be employed in your state or city? That would be so incredible if that were the case.

We, too, talked about the work visa. But, like Marlita said, it was not happening quick enough.

Good luck to you!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I agre with Kimmy & Marlita. Should be no problem applying to adjust status once he is here. And, I strongly agree with them.....please tell them the truth throughout the entire process.

Is he going to be employed in your state or city? That would be so incredible if that were the case.

We, too, talked about the work visa. But, like Marlita said, it was not happening quick enough.

Good luck to you!

Hi, I am so glad to hear from everyone, and yes he might be employed in my city or within a 50 miles radius of where I live. I am keeping my fingers and toes cross that the work visa comes thru. He will be turning in his papers tomorrow for the work program. We have been bless, because we found each other and now truly bless because I have found this site that can lead me.

Be Bless :star

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

AFAIK, it depends on which work visa he would come on. Some are dual intent, others are non-immigrant, so entering on one would be equivalent to entering on a B-2 with intent to marry; however, that's more the seasonal work visas, if it's an L or an H visa, I think it's fine. However, be upfront about it so in case there are any issues you can deal with them now instead of later.

(NEVER EVER EVER lie about marriage status. If it is asked, it NEEDS to be answered, because if there's a misrepresentation that USCIS finds out about, he's in big trouble.)

However, it sounds like he's going for the H-1B if he is applying tomorrow, because USCIS is acception petitions until April 7th, which would be ... tomorrow. :) So it's probably a-ok.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

AFAIK, it depends on which work visa he would come on. Some are dual intent, others are non-immigrant, so entering on one would be equivalent to entering on a B-2 with intent to marry; however, that's more the seasonal work visas, if it's an L or an H visa, I think it's fine. However, be upfront about it so in case there are any issues you can deal with them now instead of later.

(NEVER EVER EVER lie about marriage status. If it is asked, it NEEDS to be answered, because if there's a misrepresentation that USCIS finds out about, he's in big trouble.)

However, it sounds like he's going for the H-1B if he is applying tomorrow, because USCIS is acception petitions until April 7th, which would be ... tomorrow. :) So it's probably a-ok.

Thanks for the advice. YES we have agreed that he will state he is married. Also, I informed him that he should go and get a copy of the marrige certificate aswell. Presently, I have the only copy that was handed to us on our wedding day. I'm hoping that this question doesn't come up in the interview so we don't have to deal with it.

Be Bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.