iKHiNG

Tax Transcripts(from IRS) vs. Income Tax Return(with W-2s)

18 posts in this topic

Is it better to provide Tax Transcripts (from IRS) than to provide Income Tax Return along with W-2's? My problem is, I can't find my ITR from 2006. But I remember I filed my tax return for 2006 at a H&R Block office and I know I can just request for a copy but what about the W-2? I know I'm gonna have a hard time requesting my employer for another W-2 copy from 2 years ago.

Thanks in advanced guys!

My Wife's Timeline

Naturalization (N-400)

Service Center: USCIS Dallas Lockbox

EVENT/DATE

Filing Date:

NOA Date:

Biometrics Appt Date:

Interview Date:

Approved:

Oath Ceremony Date:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ricky&Chat (K1) AOS & EAD

Service Center : California Service Center
EVENT/ DATE

Date of Flight to US: AUGUST 13, 2008 ARRIVED!(A NEW JOURNEY BEGINS...)
Date of Marriage: AUGUST 20. 2008
SSN Card Received: SEPTEMBER 25, 2008
AOS & EAD Application: OCTOBER 28, 2008
Case Transfer CSC: NOVEMBER 19, 2008
Biometrics Appointment: DECEMBER 3, 2008
Case Pending at CSC: JANUARY 2, 2009
EAD Approved: JANUARY 9, 2009
EAD Card Received: JANUARY 12, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
Is it better to provide Tax Transcripts (from IRS) than to provide Income Tax Return along with W-2's? My problem is, I can't find my ITR from 2006. But I remember I filed my tax return for 2006 at a H&R Block office and I know I can just request for a copy but what about the W-2? I know I'm gonna have a hard time requesting my employer for another W-2 copy from 2 years ago.

Thanks in advanced guys!

It is recommended that you provide Tax Transcripts for the 3 previous years. If you are unable to do that, like me, then the only possible thing is to offer your Tax Returns which I believe will work as well. Just make sure that they are complete. If you can provide Tax Transcripts than do that.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks in advanced guys!

It is recommended that you provide Tax Transcripts for the 3 previous years. If you are unable to do that, like me, then the only possible thing is to offer your Tax Returns which I believe will work as well. Just make sure that they are complete. If you can provide Tax Transcripts than do that.

There is really no "if" to getting tax transcripts unless it's for a very recently filed return. Just request them from the IRS and you'll have them in a week or so.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think it also depends on the embassy/ country. in the philippines, i read in the instructions that they want the most recent income tax return (form 1040) and wage statements (w-2). unlike before wherein they ask for the itr and w-2 for the last 3 years, now they only ask for 1 year. kindly check the usem website for updates on the requirements.

i'm not actually in that process yet but i've been doing some research on it so pls correct me if im wrong.

Timeline
i think it also depends on the embassy/ country. in the philippines, i read in the instructions that they want the most recent income tax return (form 1040) and wage statements (w-2). unlike before wherein they ask for the itr and w-2 for the last 3 years, now they only ask for 1 year. kindly check the usem website for updates on the requirements.

i'm not actually in that process yet but i've been doing some research on it so pls correct me if im wrong.

One tax return is a listed requirement. Three is the best practice.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I currently have 2 years of transcript(2005,2006)from the IRS, W2 from year 2007, bank statements, employement letter and 6 most current paystubs..will this be good enough for the i-34??? :blush:

Edited by acobnamia1224

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Service Center..............Vermont/Consulate.....................Manila==>MNL-2008692057

Event Timeline

I-129F Sent to VSC............................................. 04/01/08

I-129F Received by VSC................................... .04/02/08

I-129F NOA 1.................................................... .04/03/08...touched 4/29/08

I-129F RFEs.........................................................N/A

I-129F RFE Reply..................................................N/A

I-129F NOA 2.......................................................07/08/08

NVC received.......................................................07/10/08

NVC mailed..........................................................7/14/08

Consulate Received.............................................. 7/18/08

Called for interview appointment ($18)................7/21/08

Paid VISA processing fee/validated DS form($131)..8/01/08

Paid DELBROS document verification fee ($15)........7/25/08..arrived at USEM 8/22/08

CFO Seminar/Stamp..............................................9/18/08

Medical Appt ($215)..............................................7/24-7/25/08

Interview Date.....................................................08/05/08 @ 7AM, approved 9/2/08

VISA Delivered ($7)............................................. 9/6/08

flight home to Daddy(9/26/08)($859.60)/POE (detriot); Final destination: Jax, FL

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

I currently have 2 years of transcript(2005,2006)from the IRS, W2 from year 2007, bank statements, employement letter and 6 most current paystubs..will this be good enough for the i-34??? :blush:

Probably not at USEM. Where's your 2007 tax return?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

As pushbrk indirectly said! Best to have 3 years.

Sometimes required when adjusting status. Was with us.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most people will be able to supply just one year's tax return or transcript. These requirements are quoted from the I-864 which most consulates follow similar requirements but as always exceptions apply!

You must provide either an IRS transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopiesof your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline

i always do my tax return through TURBO TAX on-line.. I can Print out my whole Tax return from there.. I can attach my 2007 W-2 with it.. will that be sufficient???

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Service Center..............Vermont/Consulate.....................Manila==>MNL-2008692057

Event Timeline

I-129F NOA 1.................................................... .04/03/08...touched 4/29/08

Paid DELBROS document verification fee ($15)........7/25/08..arrived at USEM 8/22/08

Interview Date.....................................................08/05/08 @ 7AM, approved 9/2/08

flight home to Daddy(9/26/08)($859.60)/POE (detriot); Final destination: Jax, FL

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

i always do my tax return through TURBO TAX on-line.. I can Print out my whole Tax return from there.. I can attach my 2007 W-2 with it.. will that be sufficient???

Sure.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

"i always do my tax return through TURBO TAX on-line.. I can Print out my whole Tax return from there.. I can attach my 2007 W-2 with it.. will that be sufficient???"

Should be OK but it's still better to submit tax transcripts as they can't be faked as easily.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

according to the IRS they don't have transcripts yet for 2007..is this true??? i guess i'll just provide my tax return through turbotax-online...it shud be fine since i have my W-2 from last year with it..whatcha all think???

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Event Timeline

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks in advanced guys!

actually , i agree that it depends on the country.. here in the PI they will only beneeding your ITR of the past year which is 2007. and its W2..you will be fine with only that.

Good Luck!

😁

Timeline

how recent does Bank statements have to be??.. i want to print statements and one dated for today, but should i wait until its a few weeks before the interview before sending all of my documents??? i will be setting an interview date this coming friday or Monday... i have a feeling that the interview won't be till late August early September...Thanks in advance for your help

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Event Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.