Michael and Lea

Lost pass port

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am about to send in the paper work for a K1 visa.My fiancee has lost her pass port,one of her friends told her she needs to hire a lawyer to help her get a new one. Surely not. Any one have any imformation on what she needs to do?Lea lives in Butuan city maybe go to CDO and apply ? Thanks for any help.

uhm... why need a lawyer for getting a new passport??

all she need is an affidavit of loss..

and also secure the required docs for passport..

just in case they asked..

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

she needs to have an affidavit of lost from the lawyer and police clearance in their place. she should remember her passport number for the affidavit of lost and police clearance. maybe she had a copy or xerox of her passport. 2 passort size id pictures and birth certificate from NSO with official receipt attached and payment, i think 1 thousand plus the payment i forgot bec i was about to file a lost of passport in DFA last year.

it is easier if she will go to the agency and let the agency process for her.

glitterfy-flpbk0117583890023634.gif

Here's the link for DFA requirements for replacement of passport: http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular/lost-ppt.htm. It is ok if she forgot her passport number just have it noted on the affidavit of loss. She should apply for replacement the soonest possible time since the processing time for passport, especially in the provinces is longer now due to the new machine readable passport system.

good luck to you and your fiancee. God speed.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am about to send in the paper work for a K1 visa.My fiancee has lost her pass port,one of her friends told her she needs to hire a lawyer to help her get a new one. Surely not. Any one have any imformation on what she needs to do?Lea lives in Butuan city maybe go to CDO and apply ? Thanks for any help.

Based on my little knowledge she doesn't necessarily need to hire.There are law firm offices where she can get an affidavit of loss from an attorney, notarized, complete the requirements for passport application then refile. It takes 3-5 days to claim your passport. But if you are referring to submitting the I-129F paper work, I don't think you need her passport, just the petitioner's photocopied stamped passport as proof of meeting.

Hope this bit of information helped.

Good luck.

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Yes, I agree she doesn't need to hire a lawyer, she just need to pay for notarized affidavit of loss which she can do by going to any public notary in Butuan. And yes, her passport is not needed for initial filing of I-129F.

3-5days passport processing is all in the past... well maybe in manila but in the provinces regular processing takes over a month now even for renewal. express processing is 12 working days (not counting saturday and sundays and all holidays), regular processing is 24 working days. But it took more than 24 working days to get my passport since I applied for renewal Jan. 14 and got my passport 1st week of march. Well, they just started using the new system when I applied. I guess by now, the processing times have been stabilized and DFA cagayan de oro might just be more efficient than DFA Davao. Here's the link for DFA Cagayan de Oro: http://rcocdo.philcom.ph/release.htm.

You are from Louisiana so you will be filing with vermont service center. Though your fiancee's passport is not needed for initial filing, I would strongly suggest that she get it the soonest. VSC could approve petition in less than a month, though it could also take several months (some cases from August are still pending) but there was a number of people who got their approval in less than a month (the fastest was 17 or 18 days after filing) and who knows you could be one of those lucky super fast approval. It is better to be prepared way in advance than to wait till the last hours.

We sent off our I-129F petition application Jan. 29. We assumed our approval would come by May or June and then interview would be june-august so we took some time off and didn't prepare for the next part yet (though i did apply for passport even before we filed). But ALAS we got approved march 18, just 49 days after filing and then 2weeks after, our papers was already with US embassy Manila. When we called for interview appointment last Tuesday, April 1, we were given the option to have interview by April 9 (maybe there were people who back out from interview sched and freed some slot for that day) , just one week after calling. It would have been wonderful if we were prepared but since we are just starting with the needed paperworks for interview, we had to decline the april 9 offer and choose a date in May instead.

So do expect the worst but hope for the best and prepare everything the soonest coz you never know when luck would knock. Good luck and God speed.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

she needs a lawyer to notarized her affidavit of loss, not to process her passport. Maybe she got confused with that, misconvo by her friend maybe.

And besides, you can start the K1 process without a passport copy, its not really necessary since we are approved without sending a copies of my passport along with our 129f petition.

2010.png

my husband lost his passport, we went to nearest police station but since i have an uncle who works for camp crame he helped us to get an affidavit of loss, have it notarized, called fedex 8794747 for passport renewal (loss passport) upom embassy receiving the docs ( US birth certificate, notarized affidavit of loss, pictures 4 pcs. white background passport size, social security card) they schedule appointment for the us citizen who loss the passport. payed $100 to c1 window and wait for filipino and american consulate to interview...-- after were done we received the passport after 2weeks. hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.