STEPHnRIA

My end of the road...

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! Good luck to those who are having their interview this month or next month. Im so happy for you and wish you all the best. Unfortunaely, I won't be joining the list. Something happened two weeks ago. And right now, Im going through severe depression right now to the point of getting sick.

Two weeks ago I ordered CENOMAR eventhough my marriage is already annulled because it was a requirement for the interview. I got the shock of my life when my CENOMAR came... there in the paper, it states that I am married to two men. One in year 1999 and the other in the year of 2o02. It was a shock because I never got married in 1999. I know the person indicated there. He was my ex-fiancee. I was engaged to him when I was 24 years old but I called it off for a lot of reasons. I remember signing papers but I know it was just a marriage license. Anyway, it was a bad break up. I remember him telling me that nobody can have me because he has connections to city hall and he will submit all the papers I signed and make it appear that we got married. I did not take his threat seriously. Then came the time that I met someone and got married. And then this ex stopped bugging me. The marriage didn't last. We got separated year 2006 and annulled year 2007. Last March 2007, I met someone and he is the reason why I am in K1.

I looked for my ex over the weekend so he could shed some light about this fake paper. He is already somewhere in the US so I can not sue him. My lawyer is filing a petition to declare this marriage null and void in the ground of fraud. Although we have a lot of evidences, it will still take some time for the judge (3 months) to make the decision. My next step was to call our lawyer in the US and again I was devastated with what he told me. He said I have to write to the Embassy Manila to ask to revoke my fiancee petition. Because this "prior marriage" was not diclosed to the petition, I may have an issue with misrepresentation which is a ground for denial or barring me to enter the US. Another issue is bigamy which is a crime in the US- another ground for denying my case. And there's a possibility that they will cancel my tourist visa.

Add to this, I think my relationship with my fiancee is now on the rocks. I can understand his dibelief but Im doing the best I can to explain things to him. I just find it hard to explain because I myself is so confused. Im still in a state of shock. He said something about not really knowing me and suggested to get to know each other first before getting married. If that's the case, why did he ask me to marry him 9 months ago? All this time, he doesn't really know me? How can he tell me he loves me if he doesn't know me? I lived with him for a month in the US. Last November 2007, I visited him and spent two weeks with him. We talk everyday, 3 to 5 times....sometimes for 2 hours. Chat for 4 hours...see each other thru webcam. Also, he finds it weird that I didn't know I was married. All I could answer is, this is Philippines... only in the Philippines where some people learn about the law not because they want to obey it but because they want to know how to break it properly. Im just thinking...if I can not convince my fiancee of my ignorance then surely, the consul won't believe me too. Anyway, Im just so tired now... I give up. This is probably not meant to be. I have no more tears to cry...

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Steph, I don't know what to say.. I'm dumpfounded :( .

This makes me really sad, i thought of all the January K1 filers as my family and in a way i feel connected to everyone of you and in some way, I want everyone of us in the January K1 filer thread to all have a happy ending. I don't know what to say :( .... I'm sending you the BIGGEST HUG!smiley-hug3_sl-designs_sm.jpg

Please please be strong and may God be your strength and refuge always. (F)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Opps, even my words of comfort is a blunder... I mean Ria not Steph.... :(

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Sorry Ria.. I pray that God will continually strengthen you ...

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

I'm sorry to hear that, Ria. There are people who can really destroy you but one thing is for sure, in the long run, they will have to pay the price of what they did. I hope you will find the enlightenment you will need at this point in time. All I can do is hope for the best for you.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear about everything! I hope they will find that guy and be able to do something about it! That's so sad :(

I will pray for you too.

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Timeline

That's terrible.How can one person's grudge be enough to destroy another's life and happiness. Your new fiancee seems like he overreacted. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

-Ryan

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Timeline

It is just so really hard to explain. My fiancee was asking me questions but he will never understand because he never lived here in Philippines. He would always say that is impossible because here in the US its like this or that. But really, you can't compare because this is a third world country. Not everybody has social security numbers. Not everyone pays taxes. A lot of times, its all about who you know and how much you can pay. But I think its a bad move to tell him that. I don't want my country to look so bad because that is not the total picture. He told me before that he will move here in Philippines if I don't get the visa. I will not ask him to move here. I know he will but he won't be happy and I don't want him to hate me for it someday. All I ever want is to make him happy, so now I will tell him that I love him so much, I will set him free.

By the way, this "guy" who made the fake marriage is US citizen. He is half American, half Filipino. We have evidence that marriage license was fake because first- in order for US citizen to get married here in Philippines, he nust have a certificate of legal capacity to marry... and he didn''t have that.

Anyway, I don't wana talk about evidences or whatever. I am more worried with my relationship to Stephen. I really don't know what's going on in his head...

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

AOS

Timeline
It is just so really hard to explain. My fiancee was asking me questions but he will never understand because he never lived here in Philippines. He would always say that is impossible because here in the US its like this or that. But really, you can't compare because this is a third world country. Not everybody has social security numbers. Not everyone pays taxes. A lot of times, its all about who you know and how much you can pay. But I think its a bad move to tell him that. I don't want my country to look so bad because that is not the total picture. He told me before that he will move here in Philippines if I don't get the visa. I will not ask him to move here. I know he will but he won't be happy and I don't want him to hate me for it someday. All I ever want is to make him happy, so now I will tell him that I love him so much, I will set him free.

By the way, this "guy" who made the fake marriage is US citizen. He is half American, half Filipino. We have evidence that marriage license was fake because first- in order for US citizen to get married here in Philippines, he nust have a certificate of legal capacity to marry... and he didn''t have that.

Anyway, I don't wana talk about evidences or whatever. I am more worried with my relationship to Stephen. I really don't know what's going on in his head...

Didn't he read any culture books or ask a lot of questions when he was there? I have a bit of an advantage because my stepmother is Filipina and she has a sister in Michigan that I talk to regularly, but most of what I know about the Philippines was read in books (I actually know more about the history, government, geography, etc. than my stepmother, she always skipped classes when she was young, hehe). However, I read about 10 books on the Philippines before I ever visited. I was curious about the culture and family life and how to show respect. A lot of the books that I'd read contain information regarding some of the daily challenges of a Filipino.

I'm really sad to hear about everything, I really hope that you everything can return to normal and that he knows you're telling the truth!

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

We are with you in prayers.

One problem at a time. Settle first that fake marriage. Grieve if you must but life goes on. Give him time to discern things.

My handsome had a culture shock on his first visit here. He knew little about Philippine Culture and there's a big difference in just reading about it and actually living here. It almost tore our relationship but love surpasses everything. (F)

God bless. . .

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

Timeline

Didn't he read any culture books or ask a lot of questions when he was there? I have a bit of an advantage because my stepmother is Filipina and she has a sister in Michigan that I talk to regularly, but most of what I know about the Philippines was read in books (I actually know more about the history, government, geography, etc. than my stepmother, she always skipped classes when she was young, hehe). However, I read about 10 books on the Philippines before I ever visited. I was curious about the culture and family life and how to show respect. A lot of the books that I'd read contain information regarding some of the daily challenges of a Filipino.

I'm really sad to hear about everything, I really hope that you everything can return to normal and that he knows you're telling the truth!

He hasn't been here to Philippines. My parents have invited him to come here so they could finally meet him. And we're supposed to have an engagement party, I would take him to places, do the interview together and fly to the US together with my son. He read a lot of books and newpapers but those won't tell him anything how I got into this situation. I really think that he has to live my life in order to understand.

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so very sorry and i pray that God gives u peace and the ability to deal with this problem.........u know sometimes its difficult for people in the USA that have NEVER lived over seas to understand that in most country's over seas all it takes is a little money and an evil mind to extract their revenge on someone........i pray that ur s/o reads some of the responses to ur problems here on this thread.........sometimes even a visit is not enough for someone to understand unless they have been in the country awhile .......really it would be great if he could talk to some of the people here in the USA that are from ur country to really be able to understand how easy it is to mess up someones future and just on a side note.......if that man that had done this to u really did love you he could not have done this to u.......when u love someone u put their best interest first even if it hurts u..........good luck and may God bless you

Ammen

Edited by estadia

Timeline

Today, I woke up feeling better after reading all your posts. Thank you all!

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.