BigCityDave

Help! How long does it take to get Birth Certificate?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

:help:

My Fiancee has already recieved Packet 3. I probably only have a month and a half. What do I do???

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

:blink:

Well, tomorrow's Friday, so go down to the courthouse tomorrow and order another :P

I'd relax, I think it's okay. I don't know how long it takes to get a birth certificate but I'd guess 4-6 weeks, that's usually the standard sort of time they say on these sorts of things.

NOA2 is good for 4 months from the time you receive it for your fiance to send Packet 3 back in. And she sends in Packet 3 first, THEN the checklist, right? So just have her do the packet as usual (or hold off on that a couple weeks if you want to) and then she can just hold onto the checklist until she has all of your stuff, since that's the point of the checklist anyway. They won't schedule the interview until they receive that.

We got our NOA2 a good while ago now and my SO's just now started on packet 3 because it was sent to his home address in Edinburgh, when he's in school in London, so he just now picked it up. We've like...been sitting on it for over a month, I think. You can afford to wait a little while.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Timeline

This whole process is worrying the living heck out of me.....

Thanks for the help Snow

Edited by BigCityDave

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

K1 Visa Petition

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(05-29-08)Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks for the help Snow

Depending on where you live you may be able to go online and order it. I ordered mine online I am from PA I just searched on google Pennsylvania Vital Statistics, from there I ordered it online it cost me a few dollars and I rushed the order got mine in 3 to 5 days. It will be sent to you certified where you have to sign for it that was my biggest issue since I was at work during the day.

Good luck and don't stress to much :blush:

K-1 Visa

It took 115 days to get approved for our NOA2

Interview date took 168 days from date of filing

AOS/EAD/AP

3/26/08 AOS Filed (More waiting) Yikes!

4/1/08 All 3 NOA's received

4/22/08 Bio Appointment

4/15/08 touch on AOS

4/28/08 touch again

5/8/08 EAD card recieved!

5/9/08 touch again

5/12/08 and again

5/13/08 and again

7/8/08 RFE (Go figure)! LOST MEDICAL

7/18/08 Semih went and got a 2nd medical

8/22/08 AOS approved

09/16/08 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!!!!!

6/16/10 Mailed I751 Adjustment of status

6/19/10 Received (Now we wait)

6/23/10 Check Cashed

8/12/10 Bio

8/13/10 Touched

On September 2, 2010, we ordered production of your new card

Approved without interview for the 2nd time

9/17/10 Green Card in hand

No road is long with good company. ~Turkish Proverb

Herkese Bol Sanslar

Semih & El

Timeline

What if I just attend the interview?

I can show them my passport. Thats even better. I know I have permission to attend if I would like.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

K1 Visa Petition

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(05-29-08)Interview Date

Timeline

Thanks for the help Snow

Depending on where you live you may be able to go online and order it. I ordered mine online I am from PA I just searched on google Pennsylvania Vital Statistics, from there I ordered it online it cost me a few dollars and I rushed the order got mine in 3 to 5 days. It will be sent to you certified where you have to sign for it that was my biggest issue since I was at work during the day.

Thanks I will check into that.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

K1 Visa Petition

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(05-29-08)Interview Date

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the help Snow

Thanks I will check into that.

My Husband got a copy of his birth certificate the same day, he went to city hall and filled in a request form and payed the fee and 10 mins latter he had the certificate in his hand...

Kez

Dave...relax.

Remember what I told you...she can delay in sending the checklist back in....

In the instructions it says to mail back ASAP the filled out forms..so have her do that and just hold off on sending the check list back....

Once she has all the documents on the check list, have her mail that back and they will issue her an interview date.

Breathe, everything will be okay....

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

She won't get an interview date, unless she's returned the package 3, and then I would assume there would be some delay in getting an interview date. In the interim, do as everyone has said, and make inquiries into getting your BC. If you can't make it to the actual office to do this, I'm sure you can order it on-line. I'm also confident that there is probably an expedited request that might make the wait shorter.

Good luck!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Why do you need a BC for the interview... this is typically not a required document from the USC...

That's what I'm thinking. They already have ours (USC's) from when we send the petition in. I'm going to bring another certified copy to my fiance's interview just in case because I'm an ####### worrying basket case :wacko: after waiting so long but I really don't think it's required.

Also if you still live near where you were born you can get a copy from the courthouse in a few minutes if you go there in person. And get a few copies as Carla says. You never know when you're gonna need one. :thumbs:

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Why do you need a BC for the interview... this is typically not a required document from the USC...

I'm w/ fwaguy on this one. My fiancee processed through budapest, my BC was not needed. Even had I attended the interview, as you're thinking of doing Dave....your BC is not needed. You'd just need your passport to gain entry to the Consulate....or for any other proof that you are who you say you are!

Take a deep breath, relax! :)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I can show them my passport. Thats even better. I know I have permission to attend if I would like.

That's fine but get your own new certified copy of your birth certificate anyway. It's good to have around. Unless you were aready planning to attend the interview, traveling to Hungary is a really expensive birth certificate substitute.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

That's fine but get your own new certified copy of your birth certificate anyway. It's good to have around. Unless you were aready planning to attend the interview, traveling to Hungary is a really expensive birth certificate substitute.

Just to be clear....Dave needs a copy of his passport to keep for his own records, but as stated before he does not need his birth certificate for the visa process in Hungary. The passport will suffice.

Dave it seems you're trying to find a good enough reason to go to Hungary and be there w/ your fiancee at the interview. ;) If that's the case, just go...there's no need to find a justification for your desire to be there w/ your lady during the visa interview. :)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.