flomagy

Confused with NVC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I have a question here.....if you can help I deeply appreciate it.....

I recently was told by the operator at the NVC that my file still needed civil documents such as certificates of birth, marriage and so on. However my agent (more like a paralegal, boy do I wish I did it myself......another thread for that conversation) said that the only documents which were asked for at the time were the DS230 and I864 with supporting documentation (ie tax returns....etc.). That no civil documents were requested at the time. But the NVC operator told me that they needed to be sent in. My attorney already has all the documentation necessary and if they were requested I dont understand why they would not have been sent in. To make a long story short we now await the returned packet snail mail.

Who's telling the truth? Are all these documents sent in together or apart? I'm sooo confused and just plain out frustrated :wacko:

CR-1

04/16/06 First met each other......

05/12/07 Married in Ica, Peru one year later

I-130

06/21/07 Sent in I-130 for CR1 Visa

07/28/07 NOA1

11/28/07 NOA2 (File approved!!!!)

NVC (Torture Time) Can you tell I'm a bit jaded right now?

12/21/07 NVC received file

12/31/07 Received I864 Bill

12/31/07 Received DS230 Bill

02/21/08 Sent I864 and DS230 Bill

03/14/08 Received Packet with Instructions from NVC

03/14/08 Sent Packet back to NVC Certified Mail

03/20/08 NVC Receives Packet

04/01/08 NVC sends back packet (missing info or incomplete according to NVC?) your kidding me right?!!!!!!!!

04/10/08 Received Packet with Checklist

05/01/08 Checklist Items overnighted to NVC (almost 1 year since we started the process...wow!)

05/07/08 Packet being returned AGAIN!!!(missing info or incomplete) Somebody just shoot me already!!

05/15/08 DS 230 II overnighted again (NVC claims they never received it)

05/23/08 Case Approval (Finally here!!!!) Case expedited to Lima.

Embassy

06/09/08 - Package 3 with instructions received

06/12/08 - Medical appointment

06/20/08 - Interview.....Visa Approved

Same thing happened with my wife's case. The NVC does require these documents, I also had to submit them to the NVC before they could complete my case. I would say the NVC is telling the truth.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

check to see if your embassy is appoinmt post. (i can't check, using pda now).

if it appointment post you must all document require back with ds230.

if it not appoinment post you just send ds230, photo copy of beneficiary paspport and 2 photo.

your beneficiary however have to gather documents need for interview.

Marriage : 2006-05-17

-------------------------
USCIS Process
-------------------------
I-130 Sent : 2007-06-12
I-130 Approved : 2007-12-05
Status: Take 179 days to complete, because of notarize marriage certificate(RFE).

-----------------------
NVC Process
-----------------------
NVC Received : 2007-12-06
Case Completed at NVC : 2008-03-13 Case Complete Forward to Embassy
Case Left NVC : 2008-03-18
Status: Take 97 days to complete, because of the tax return and w2 (RFE),

-----------------------------
Consulate Process
Consulate Received : 5/12/2008 Eligible for interview, waiting for notice (Per DOS)
Packet 4 Received : 6/11/2008
Interview Date : 7/10/2008 interview at 7:15am (Per DOS)
Blue - Required Overcome. Overcome send 7/24
8/19/2008 Going back to GUZ to get visa stamp
Visa Received : 8/22/2008
US Entry : 10/17/2008 JFK Port of Entry

Citizenship Process

N-400 Filed: 11/25/2012

Interview Date: 1/2013 (Passed)

Ceremony: 03/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You should visit the link hat is on the title page from the NVC requesting the DS230. This directs you to a page that you select your embassy. That will tell you a list of documents you will need with the DS230. I was required to submit certified doc's with my husband's DS230.

Sorry to hear about you unnecessary delays. I had the same problem with my Lawyer's assistant. Then after she was fired, I discovered that my lawyer new less. My husband would have been here in December 07, if I did not loose a lawyer. Now we are looking at June.

I recently was told by the operator at the NVC that my file still needed civil documents such as certificates of birth, marriage and so on. However my agent (more like a paralegal, boy do I wish I did it myself......another thread for that conversation) said that the only documents which were asked for at the time were the DS230 and I864 with supporting documentation (ie tax returns....etc.). That no civil documents were requested at the time. But the NVC operator told me that they needed to be sent in. My attorney already has all the documentation necessary and if they were requested I dont understand why they would not have been sent in. To make a long story short we now await the returned packet snail mail.

Who's telling the truth? Are all these documents sent in together or apart? I'm sooo confused and just plain out frustrated :wacko:

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Uhmm yeah, your attorney is an idiot and I'm sorry you have to deal with him.

You need to go to the DOS Link and pull up Lima, Perú, there you'll see the civil documents link with a list of documents that need to be sent to the NVC along with the DS-230. They DO need to be sent in and because your lawyer didn't keep up with it, it'll delay the process another 2-4 weeks. <_<

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well, your paralegal guy is not entirely wrong about not sending it. What has happened here is that starting Jan 1, 2008 NVC has gone from standard to post appoint for many embassies. So these documents which were required at the embassy are now required at the NVC. So, your paralegal guy need to update himself with the new change at NVC.

I hope this helps

Edited by Sky2k

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
check to see if your embassy is appoinmt post. (i can't check, using pda now).

if it appointment post you must all document require back with ds230.

if it not appoinment post you just send ds230, photo copy of beneficiary paspport and 2 photo.

your beneficiary however have to gather documents need for interview.

coolgt,

Your right!! it is appointment post. Thanks for the info.....and thanks to all who responded. I appreciate the feedback.

CR-1

04/16/06 First met each other......

05/12/07 Married in Ica, Peru one year later

I-130

06/21/07 Sent in I-130 for CR1 Visa

07/28/07 NOA1

11/28/07 NOA2 (File approved!!!!)

NVC (Torture Time) Can you tell I'm a bit jaded right now?

12/21/07 NVC received file

12/31/07 Received I864 Bill

12/31/07 Received DS230 Bill

02/21/08 Sent I864 and DS230 Bill

03/14/08 Received Packet with Instructions from NVC

03/14/08 Sent Packet back to NVC Certified Mail

03/20/08 NVC Receives Packet

04/01/08 NVC sends back packet (missing info or incomplete according to NVC?) your kidding me right?!!!!!!!!

04/10/08 Received Packet with Checklist

05/01/08 Checklist Items overnighted to NVC (almost 1 year since we started the process...wow!)

05/07/08 Packet being returned AGAIN!!!(missing info or incomplete) Somebody just shoot me already!!

05/15/08 DS 230 II overnighted again (NVC claims they never received it)

05/23/08 Case Approval (Finally here!!!!) Case expedited to Lima.

Embassy

06/09/08 - Package 3 with instructions received

06/12/08 - Medical appointment

06/20/08 - Interview.....Visa Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.