Chittu and Piya

I-130 Approved before I-129F...Nervous!!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

All, I got my I-130 approved before my I-129 F and I am filing for a K3. My assumption is this suddenly changes my visa option from a K3 to a IR1/CR1. I am getting many answers about why it is being done this way, but not clear one. The USCIS customer support says that since my I-130 is approved that makes my I-129F not relevant. An attorney whom I consult frequently does not beleive so. I also am seeing that many in this forum and others are int he same predicament as we are. I am trying to find out

• Do I have a choice between pursuing K3 or Immigrant Visa?
  • If I have a choice when do I make it?
  • Is it advisable to withdraw one and continue with other? ( Withdraw Immigrant Visa and continue with K3? )
  • Is the timeline between the two visas very different?
  • and WHY OH WHY is all this so confusing????

Thanks for your answers in advance!!

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I don't think that your I-129F will be approved and since your I-130 is approved first you'll have to pursue immigrant visa.The timeline differs in 3-4 months which is the amount of time that I-130 stays at NVC(it could be less or more than that).I don't think it's advisable to withdraw your immigrant visa and continue with K3 because you don't know for certain whether your I-129F will be approved or not.

Timeline
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I don't think that your I-129F will be approved and since your I-130 is approved first you'll have to pursue immigrant visa.The timeline differs in 3-4 months which is the amount of time that I-130 stays at NVC(it could be less or more than that).I don't think it's advisable to withdraw your immigrant visa and continue with K3 because you don't know for certain whether your I-129F will be approved or not.

Well Thanks Jeca for your Prompt reply. In some of the timelines I see at VJ I do notice some of the folks I-130 approved before the I-129F and they have pursued the K3 route. So I will keep thinking wishfully that My I-129F will get approved soon and I can continue the K3 route, becuase I am seeing that it is a faster route. I just want to end this waiting game already!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
All, I got my I-130 approved before my I-129 F and I am filing for a K3. My assumption is this suddenly changes my visa option from a K3 to a IR1/CR1. I am getting many answers about why it is being done this way, but not clear one. The USCIS customer support says that since my I-130 is approved that makes my I-129F not relevant. An attorney whom I consult frequently does not beleive so. I also am seeing that many in this forum and others are int he same predicament as we are. I am trying to find out
  • Is it advisable to withdraw one and continue with other? ( Withdraw Immigrant Visa and continue with K3? )

Maybe someone can correct me if I am confused, but based on what others have been saying, don’t try and do anything with your I-130. If you are successful at canceling it, you are then back at square one. The I-130 is your imigration petition and the I-129F is useless without it (for spouse).

If you really want to pursue the K-3 route, then all you can do is wait a couple weeks to see if it is approved after the I-130 and the two forwarded together. You may be able to call and request they reopen the I-129F(K-3). If the I-130 is sent to NVC without the I-129F, then you are on the road to IR1/CR1.

I don’t think there is much else you can do but wait. Any other efforts may only delay matters longer.

This seems to be more of a problem with VSC for some reason. I think some others have experienced the same situation.

Best of luck….

• 04-04-2006 Met on Internet
  • 09-22-2007 Married

• ----- I-130 ----------
  • 10-29-2007 Mailed
  • 04-02-2008 Approved (NOA2 received 4/11/08, no web update)

• ----- I-129F ---------
  • 01-22-2008 Mailed
  • 04-02-2008 Approved (NOA2 received 4/11/08, no web update)
  • 06-16-2008 Interview (Visa received 6-18)
  • 06-22-2008 US Entry

• ----- AOS ---------
  • 08-11-2009 Mailed I-485 Package
  • 08-13-2009 Pachage delivered Chicago lockbox
  • 08-19-2009 Check cashed by USCIS
  • 08-20-2009 NOA1 Received - USCIS
  • 08-31-2009 NOA BIO Appointment Scheduled
  • 09-16-2009 BIO Appointment
  • 11-03-2009 Interview Appointment - SUCCESS!!!
  • 11-13-2009 10 year GC arrived !!!
  • Applying for US citizenship in 3 years...!!!!!!!!

The heart can endure so very much, but every moment apart still feels like an eternity.

We will be patient and we will endure, because the love we received is in answer to our dreams.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on the I-130 being approved. I think the CR-1 visa is better because your spouse will be able to work right away and get their green card. Just my 2 cents :whistle:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations!! Always good to hear about an October filer getting approved at VSC!! :thumbs:

Marriage: 09-22-2007

Conditional Residence

I-130 Sent: 10-10-2007

I-130 Approved: 06-03-2008 (236 days from VSC receipt to approval)

Case Complete at NVC: 07-30-2008 (52 days from NVC receipt to approval)

Consulate Interview date: 09-24-2008

POE Miami: 10-04-2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Sent: 07-08-2010

NOA1 Date: 07-12-2010

Biometrics Appt.: 09-01-2010 (Early Bio 08-13-2010)

Approved: 11-03-2010 (114 days from VSC receipt to approval)

GC Rec'd: 11-06-2010

Citizenship

N-400 Sent: 07-08-2011

Confirmation Text Message: 07-14-2011

NOA Priority Date: 07-12-2011

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: 08-01-2011

Biometrics Appt.: 08-19-2011 (Early Bio 08-12-2011)

"Placed in Line" Email and Touched: 08-16-2011

"Interview Scheduled" Email and Touched: 12-23-2011

Rec'd Interview Letter: 12-27-2011

Interview Passed: 01-30-2012

Email from Senator's Office Stating Application Was Approved: 06-18-2012

"Oath Scheduling Que" Email and Touched: 07-03-2012

Given Oath Date at InfoPass Appt. and Touched: 08-28-2012

Rec'd Oath Date Letter in Mail: 09-01-2012

Oath Date: 09-27-2012

Filed: Timeline

I can say that I doubt very seriously that your I-129f will be approved.

Here is our timeline:

I-130 filed 8/14

I-129f filed 9/18

Our I-130 was approved on 2/4/2008. Note: Our I-129f was touched that same day.

Since that time, our I-129f hasn't even been touched once.

I will tell you that the NVC is pretty fast and that we have been there since 2/6 and we are almost complete. So the process has taken us about 2 months from the date we sent our first piece of paper to NVC which was 2/15 until approximatey April 15 when our case will be complete.

If you held on this long, you could do it just a little while longer since your spouse will be immediately able to work when he/she returns and the process will be over.

Timeline

HI chittu and priya..

CONGRATULATIONS ON UR APPROVAL.. NOW DONT WORRY EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE.. I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE AN APPROVAL FROM VERMONT... THIS IS SO COOL...

AND I DON THTINK UR I129F WILL BE APPROVED, VERMONT HAS NOT APPROVED ANY SO YOU WILLBE ON THE I130 ROUTE.. JUS FOLLOW THE INSTRUCITONS YOU WILL FIND ON THIS WEBSITE.. AND U WIL HAVE TO DROP THE K3...

WELL I THINK IT AUTOMATICALLY DROPS IF ONLY YOUR I130 IS APPROVED..

GOOD LUCK TO NVC, NOW YOU AR EON UR WAY!! KEEP US POSTED PLEASEEEE THANKS :)

OH BY THE WAY, HOW DID U FIND OUT ABOUT UR APPROVAL? WAS IT EMAIL OR ONLINE CASE STATUS?

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Here is our timeline:

I-130 filed 8/14

I-129f filed 9/18

I will tell you that the NVC is pretty fast and that we have been there since 2/6 and we are almost complete. So the process has taken us about 2 months from the date we sent our first piece of paper to NVC which was 2/15 until approximatey April 15 when our case will be complete.

If you held on this long, you could do it just a little while longer since your spouse will be immediately able to work when he/she returns and the process will be over.

dodson01 did u use jame's shortcut?

Filed: Timeline

Here is our timeline:

I-130 filed 8/14

I-129f filed 9/18

Yes, I did use the shortcuts. And I double checked over and over and over before I mailed out anything. Also, I used overnight delivery on every single form -- including express mail on the AOS bill and the IV bill. I also made sure when I mailed my packages that they would always arrive during the middle of the week so that they would be processed and recognized receipt of such items so that I always heard updates to our records on Tuesday. I think this really helped a lot too. For instance, when I heard the update on Tuesday morning, I already had the paperwork ready and would send it overnight delivery on Tuesday so that they would receive it on Wednesday. Then over the weekend, they would generate the next step of papers, I would hear about them on Tuesday, etc.

The only time I had to wait was 2 weeks for the AOS bill and the IV bill. That is because they were received in St. Louis, MO; took St. Louis, MO time to notify NVC that we had paid our bills and then NVC would update their systems.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Here is our timeline:

I-130 filed 8/14

I-129f filed 9/18

dodson01 i sent u an email now about jame's shortcut, i got my nvc case # last week still waiting for aos/ds3032 to be generated, but i want to use jame's shortcut. but i need direct guide from u. thanks

Yes, I did use the shortcuts. And I double checked over and over and over before I mailed out anything. Also, I used overnight delivery on every single form -- including express mail on the AOS bill and the IV bill. I also made sure when I mailed my packages that they would always arrive during the middle of the week so that they would be processed and recognized receipt of such items so that I always heard updates to our records on Tuesday. I think this really helped a lot too. For instance, when I heard the update on Tuesday morning, I already had the paperwork ready and would send it overnight delivery on Tuesday so that they would receive it on Wednesday. Then over the weekend, they would generate the next step of papers, I would hear about them on Tuesday, etc.

The only time I had to wait was 2 weeks for the AOS bill and the IV bill. That is because they were received in St. Louis, MO; took St. Louis, MO time to notify NVC that we had paid our bills and then NVC would update their systems.

Yes, I did use the shortcuts.

Hi all,

What exactly are those shortcuts?

Thanks alot for giving some info about this.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.