Beauty for Ashes

Family support

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi

I have had very little family support during this process in terms of letting me talk about the immigration process.I have only my elderly mom and my extremely racist aunt left alive.So I just want to thank all of you for your feedback and kindness and support of me during this process.My Mom harbors alot of illwill towards mena people because of what happened to me (she was very welcoming before and has been to morocco,jordan and egypt)but she seems more welcoming to Jeffrey Dahmer than me having a baby with a mena person and marrying one.I told her today that its not fair to be like this to my husband (she only one month ago replied to any of his emails and I think its cause I am pregnant)

I talked to my husband today and bascially told him baby you are all I have to rejoice in this baby because my family wont give or attend a babyshower for me (they didnt give my daughter one thing and stood me up at the showers others gave)I just want you to know thatVJ mena is precious to me because its my only outlet to talk about the baby or my marriage on a daily basis...Thank you for being here

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have had very little family support during this process in terms of letting me talk about the immigration process.I have only my elderly mom and my extremely racist aunt left alive.So I just want to thank all of you for your feedback and kindness and support of me during this process.My Mom harbors alot of illwill towards mena people because of what happened to me (she was very welcoming before and has been to morocco,jordan and egypt)but she seems more welcoming to Jeffrey Dahmer than me having a baby with a mena person and marrying one.I told her today that its not fair to be like this to my husband (she only one month ago replied to any of his emails and I think its cause I am pregnant)

I talked to my husband today and bascially told him baby you are all I have to rejoice in this baby because my family wont give or attend a babyshower for me (they didnt give my daughter one thing and stood me up at the showers others gave)I just want you to know thatVJ mena is precious to me because its my only outlet to talk about the baby or my marriage on a daily basis...Thank you for being here

For all the women in MENA ....thank you for saving my life everyday...

Hi

For all the women in MENA ....thank you for saving my life everyday...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, I am not MENA; but I am a woman and I do understand.

If you live your life for others, you will never be happy. In my own case, my family wasn't very accomodating at first. While they have come around because Andre is just a nice, sweet guy, there are comments from time to time I have to let go. It is what it is. I'm not changing the way I am and who I love to make anyone else happy. I don't need them and they know it and I think it is that very reason why they try to drag me back to the folds from time to time.

The first thing I did was make it abundantly clear that they can do whatever they like when I am not around; but if they end up hurting Andre in any way, I will cut them out of my life. There is no second chance here. I will choose my husband over my family any day of the week.

It has been just fine.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

:luv: You can count on me anytime insha Allah.

I can't wait to see the baby!!

We can even throw you a Mena/babyshower/slumber party, Jackie's good at planning those things :lol: .

Hugs,

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Well, I am not MENA; but I am a woman and I do understand.

If you live your life for others, you will never be happy. In my own case, my family wasn't very accomodating at first. While they have come around because Andre is just a nice, sweet guy, there are comments from time to time I have to let go. It is what it is. I'm not changing the way I am and who I love to make anyone else happy. I don't need them and they know it and I think it is that very reason why they try to drag me back to the folds from time to time.

The first thing I did was make it abundantly clear that they can do whatever they like when I am not around; but if they end up hurting Andre in any way, I will cut them out of my life. There is no second chance here. I will choose my husband over my family any day of the week.

It has been just fine.

Girl, that's exactly what I think. :thumbs:

Hang in there wahrania, you'll be with hubby and baby soon (L)

I am not up for choosing husband over family.........that is where I draw the line.

My kids are #1, always will be #1 and that is not negotiable. My family was around long before husband and will be around forever. I am so glad I didn't isolate myself from my family and kids in 2002 cuz by 2007 I was alone on the floor.

Wahrania we are here for you.

Jackie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im not MENA either but.........i am always here if u need someone to talk to.....i am extremely lucky because i have the support i need in my home but i find that even with that it is wonderful to have a place to come to where everyone is going thru what u r or they have gone thru it..........

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel your pain. When I told my folks i was going to Morocco to meet a man, they flew off the handle at me, telling me how crazy i was and everything else. Even my oldest son could not give me any words of support. When Kamal got here and we got married, still nothing. They didn't come to the wedding (wanted to see the pics tho) and won 't allow him in their house, (gave him a xmas present tho) and same with my oldest son. Everyone tells me it takes time. Well we are going on 6 months. Life is too short. I love my parents and son but oh well they are missing out on a wonderful human being. And thank the lord i can't have children, cause what would my baby have to suffer tho because of the racism. Good Luck and like Jackie said Welcome to the disfunctional VJ family.

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I happen to think better than my real family (not quite I mean).

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.