A&D=<3

JFK

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:help: Can anyone tell me what the process is with this? I heard JFK is the only POE that issues this. What do we need... or how does it work? and how long is the Authorization?

Any help greatly appreciated~! :D

Akram & Donna

[/i]

Habeby............. Ana Bamoot Fek!!!

انا بموت فيك

[/u][/b]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you enter through JFK they check your visa, and give you an entry stamp. They should also give you a temporary EAD stamp. Sometimes they "forget" and you have to remind them or ask if they can do it. When my husband came they automatically did it though. It's good for 3 months.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, my understanding from what i've read is that you just ask the immigration officer, and you wait a bit, and they give it to you...

Is there anyone else who can attest to this?

hz

(F) (F)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yes, my understanding from what i've read is that you just ask the immigration officer, and you wait a bit, and they give it to you...

Is there anyone else who can attest to this?

hz

(F) (F)

I have seen many others state that it is given when they enter into the USA........but only there no other place of entry........

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes i can attest to this. my husband entered through JFK and received the temporary work visa valid for three months. another friend's husband got his for 6 months (lucky!!) but he was the only case i've heard of.

just make sure he asks in case!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i made sure my husband flew through there specifically...it seems worth it to me if you're fiance plans on getting a job right away.

Financially we will be good I was more concerned with his not being bored and feeling like he is contributing to the household.

Timeline

which is exactly why he should get the work permit. i'm not sure when you planned on getting married within that 90 days (plus another 80-90 days for the EAD after you send in your AOS package) he could be waiting around quite a while. i think you said you were from my area (OC) and i would suggest he get any sort of job purely to keep him from being bored and to keep him feeling good about himself. good luck girlie! :D

world-map.jpg

Timeline
which is exactly why he should get the work permit. i'm not sure when you planned on getting married within that 90 days (plus another 80-90 days for the EAD after you send in your AOS package) he could be waiting around quite a while. i think you said you were from my area (OC) and i would suggest he get any sort of job purely to keep him from being bored and to keep him feeling good about himself. good luck girlie! :D

Thanks so much Sereia but I have unfortunately already purchased the non refundable ticket for him to enter here at LAX.

Timeline

d'oh! okay then get married right away and apply for AOS immediately! that way you'd only have to wait three months. and find ways to keep him busy during that time. maybe he and my husband could hang out! lol

world-map.jpg

Timeline
d'oh! okay then get married right away and apply for AOS immediately! that way you'd only have to wait three months. and find ways to keep him busy during that time. maybe he and my husband could hang out! lol

Okie doke, I will have all the paperwork I can have ready before he gets here.

That would be great for them to meet maybe it will help both of them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.