dbears

Immigrant and "K" Visa Applicant Appointment Packets

11 posts in this topic

For those who are still waiting for Packet 4 to arrive. I was told when we called for interview appointment that the embassy will not send packet 4 anymore. The appointment packet must be downloaded from the USEM site: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html.

While the appointment letter would be the confirmation email that the visa center will send to the visa applicant a few minutes after calling for interview appointment. It should be printed out and shown @ SLEC when you go for medical interview and also @ USEM when your interview date comes.

As for scheduling for medical. They will advise that the applicant go to SLEC at least 1 week prior to interview. You just go there and bring all the requirements for medical as stipulated in the packet 4.

I hope this helps.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do appreciate this posting.. Thank you for informing us.. :thumbs:

For those who are still waiting for Packet 4 to arrive. I was told when we called for interview appointment that the embassy will not send packet 4 anymore. The appointment packet must be downloaded from the USEM site: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html.

While the appointment letter would be the confirmation email that the visa center will send to the visa applicant a few minutes after calling for interview appointment. It should be printed out and shown @ SLEC when you go for medical interview and also @ USEM when your interview date comes.

As for scheduling for medical. They will advise that the applicant go to SLEC at least 1 week prior to interview. You just go there and bring all the requirements for medical as stipulated in the packet 4.

</a>

I hope this helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks so much dbears for the very helpful info!

quick question though, what's the "GO SIGNAL" for calling? as soon as noa2 is approved? or should we wait for nvc or usem to send us some email of sort? :help:

sorry, i've been reading the guides but i somewhat get confused (maybe from reading too much hehe). so i'd rather ask those who actually went through the process already. thanks in advance!

thanks so much dbears for the very helpful info!

quick question though, what's the "GO SIGNAL" for calling? as soon as noa2 is approved? or should we wait for nvc or usem to send us some email of sort? :help:

sorry, i've been reading the guides but i somewhat get confused (maybe from reading too much hehe). so i'd rather ask those who actually went through the process already. thanks in advance!

Since you filed with CSC you should wait 1-2weeks(? not really sure about this, maybe some CSC filers could help us out-- unfortunately, there is still disparity between CSC & VSC on forwarding approved petition to NVC) after receiving your NOA2 for them to send your papers to NVC. 2weeks (?) from NOA2 your fiance should call NVC to get your MNL case number and also to check when they will forward your file to USEM. As soon as NVC tells you that they have forwarded your papers to USEM and this or that date you can wait for 1 week before calling the call center for interview appointment or you can track your papers via DHL website by following this tip:http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115441 and then when your papers reaches the USEM, give it one day before calling for appointment.

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

thanks a lot! correct me if im wrong.. the usem will not send anything to inform me that my case has reached them.. which means i should be the one to call and check if my papers are with them and if i can schedule an interview already. right?

thanks thanks thanks. :D

thanks a lot! correct me if im wrong.. the usem will not send anything to inform me that my case has reached them.. which means i should be the one to call and check if my papers are with them and if i can schedule an interview already. right?

thanks thanks thanks. :D

yes ma'am! :thumbs: when you get your NOA2 you have to keep this links handy:

calling NVC: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...+receipt+number

DHL tracking: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115441

details on getting interview dates @ USEM: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119083

getting packet 4: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119778

Best of luck to you. I hope your wait wont be long now. (F)

ROC

N-400

Timeline

im not really expecting my noa2 really soon (but if it would come early, why not?hehe)..

at least now if i get approved, im ready for the next step! thanks to you dbears!

i hope all pinays were able to read your post re the calling for appointment thing.. it would be frustrating for some who would still be waiting for the packet4 ... :crying:

thanks again!!! :luv:

Timeline

What happened to Packet 3? What is the difference between packet 3 and packet 4? I am very confused now.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-12-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-11

NVC Left : 2008-03-26

Consulate Received : 2008-04-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-11

Interview Date : 2008-06-18 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2008-06-28

US Entry : 2008-07-16

Marriage : 2008-08-21

What happened to Packet 3? What is the difference between packet 3 and packet 4? I am very confused now.

there is no packet 3 for Manila since no DS forms need to be submitted to the Embassy before the interview. only a packet 4 for Manila.

Interview preparation instructions K-1

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf

It's also available in Tagalog on the Embassy website.

Edited by Roy and Yazi

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

</a>

I hope this helps.

very informative... thank you so much! i will talk my hubby tommorrow and share this post to him.....

Strike till the IRON is HOT

K3 flow

wedding date 04/24/07

130 sent 07/27/07

noa1 09/10/07

noa2 03/13/08

129f sent 09/10/07

noa1 09/24/07

noa2 03/13/08

package rcvd by NVC 04/04/08

date rcvd by consulate 04/09/08

passed - my medical 05/15/08

APPROVED - interview date (K3 visa ) 05/28/08

VISA delivered - - - - - June 05, 2008

POE @ Detroit - - - - - - June 21, 2008

submit AOS application to Chicago Lockbox - - - May 14, 2009

Check encashed - - - - - - - - -- - - -- -- - --- --- May 22, 2009

NOA1 for AOS & EAD received- - - - - -- --------- -May 26, 2009

Letter for Biometrics received from the mail----- June 11, 2009

Appointment for Biometrics------------------------ June 26, 2009

Card Production Ordered 4 EAD------------------- June 26, 2009

EAD approval - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - - - -- -- July 02, 2009

Received EAD from the mail ----------------------- July 06,2009

Received noticed for I-485 - ----------------------- July 11, 2009

Schedule for Interview & Passed ---------------- August 12, 2009

Green Card Production --------------------------- August 12, 2009

Welcome Notice Received------------------------- August 20,2009

GCard/PR received-------------------------------- August 24, 2009

very informative... thank you so much! i will talk my hubby tommorrow and share this post to him.....

Pls don't share this one., this is old and outdated, an oversight on my part. and my apology. :(

Pls share this thread instead: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119938 thats the newly revised packet 4. :thumbs:

good luck to you and God bless.

Edited by dbears

ROC

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.