caramella

i need help

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salam to Everyone,

its 5 months am still waiting, when my fiance called DOS, somtimes they said is still pending, somtimes its done already, we got really nervous and confusion, and also casablanca embassy says its under administration processing in wachington DC, but no one knows when???? its really hard for any relationship, plz let me know why any embassy put many cases on AP? why? why? and whats maximum time for AP will finish?.

plz guys any information and any hope.

Thank you

Salam to Everyone,

its 5 months am still waiting, when my fiance called DOS, somtimes they said is still pending, somtimes its done already, we got really nervous and confusion, and also casablanca embassy says its under administration processing in wachington DC, but no one knows when???? its really hard for any relationship, plz let me know why any embassy put many cases on AP? why? why? and whats maximum time for AP will finish?.

Thank you

This is a pretty common scenario. I don't think anyone knows why cases go on AP; it seems almost all do, some for just a few weeks, others for months or years. It's a really frustrating situation, and unfortunately as far as I know there's not a lot you can do. You can try contacting your senator or representative for more information, but they usually come back with the same answer. Mostly you just have to be patient and wait it out.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Salam to Everyone,

Thank you

i do not really have any answer for u but i wanted u to know that we are praying for u and for u to hang in there........

Salam to Everyone,

Thank you

I sent you a PM. Whats disturbing is that there is no time limit. DOS starts showing sympathy after 6 months and thats when it gets sad. It does back from being at DOS then embassy and its so confusing when you call. Why is a great question, as my topic "AP/AR losing patterns" in 221 forum, I have concluded there are no concrete "whys" ... some fly through, some get stuck.

I hope my PM clears you up more.

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Salam to Everyone,

Thank you

This is a pretty common scenario. I don't think anyone knows why cases go on AP; it seems almost all do, some for just a few weeks, others for months or years. It's a really frustrating situation, and unfortunately as far as I know there's not a lot you can do. You can try contacting your senator or representative for more information, but they usually come back with the same answer. Mostly you just have to be patient and wait it out.

Don't contact senator...things seem to happen at that time because by the time you consult, its already been about 7 months and the case is so old its growing gray hairs.... they do nothing and are not helpful. Its security checks, MANDATORY security checks...think about it. If its for national security, then until its clear, no entry. The DOS lady told me - until the system is not cleared, no visa. Unless someone manually checks, or divine intervention, this is just the most horrible process ever.

Timeline
I hope you hear some news soon and pray that you are reunited w/your love soon. (F) Melinda

can anyone explain to me, is that true? or what am confusion really

USCIS and FBI Release Joint Plan to Eliminate FBI Name Check BacklogsApril 2nd, 2008

by VJ News

WASHINGTON – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) today announced a joint plan to eliminate the backlog of name checks pending with the FBI.

USCIS and the FBI established a series of milestones prioritizing work based on the age of the pending name check. The FBI has already eliminated all name check cases pending more than four years.

“This plan of action is the product of a strong partnership between USCIS and the FBI to eliminate the backlogs and to strengthen national security,” said USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez.

By increasing staff, expanding resources, and applying new business processes, the goal is to complete 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days. USCIS and the FBI intend to resolve the remaining two percent, which represent the most difficult name checks and require additional time to complete, within 90 days or less. The goal is to achieve and sustain these processing times by June 2009.

The joint plan will focus on resolving the oldest pending FBI name checks first. USCIS has also requested that the FBI prioritize resolution of approximately 29,800 pending name checks from naturalization applicants submitted to the FBI before May 2006 where the naturalization applicant was already interviewed.

The target milestones for processing name checks are:

Completion Goal & Category

May 2008:

Process all name checks pending more than three years

July 2008:

Process all name checks pending more than two years

November 2008:

Process all name checks pending more than one year

February 2009:

Process all name checks pending more than 180 days

June 2009:

Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days

Timeline

29,800 pending name checks
???

My goodness,

the number just makes me want to cry... :cry:

For all those still waiting, my heart goes out to you. And you have my prayers.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

All I can say is to trust in God that He knows what He is doing since it's all up to Him. That got me through the last few months of AP, though of course it didn't help at all on some days when all hell broke loose with my hormones, but seriously if you focus on the fact that you've done everything you can do, i.e. contact DOS, contact the embassy, contact your senator and congressman and basically bug the heck out of everyone, then it really is His will what happens next.

It's the most hellish period of this whole entire process imho and I don't envy anyone still in AP. (F)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Oh Sunrise....

I know you must be so stressed and depressed now. There really is no answer when AP is done. We are at the mercy of beaucratic machine.

The thing to do is to keep in as much contact with your spouse now. Get a calling card and call everyday. Email everyday. Find something to get your mind off the waiting and make you laugh (even if only for a few minutes).

Of course this is grieving process in a way, so it is ok to have a good cry and vent....but try not to let these feelings take over.

I found it is sooo important to be positive for my husband....He becomes depressed, stressed, when he knows I am suffering and he is powerless to do anything. So try to be upbeat when you are communicating with your SO.

And if the waiting becomes too long or unendurable, go see him....Even if only for a few weeks. This reconnection will help build your strength up again.

Tina

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sunrise,

You just have to hang in there. We were in AP for a year and two months. We could never get any answer as to why it took so long. My husband had NO criminal history, so we will never know what took so long. Keep in mind that being AP for a year is NOT the norm.

Our congress rep helped us get our file moving out of the local CIS office and on to NVC before it finally went to Casa. Even at that time, they told us that what was going to take so long was the background check. They told us that the system of the security checks is so outdated, that many had to be done on foot or by calling on the phone.

My suggestion to people has always been to try and keep yourself busy. If you look at online sites for updates everyday, that is going to drive you MAD. I PROMISE you because I've been there...done that. And the suggestion of stating in contact with your SO is also very helpful.

You just have to hang tough. This is probably the most frustrating part of the whole process.

Best of luck! (F)

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline

thank you guys, let me tell you my situation, am femal, am in morocco, my fiance is citizen US, i had a visa interview date scheduled for November 1,2007 i have submitted all necessary paperwork to the Consulate in Casablanca. The interview was fine and i had an issue regarding translated documents by section 221g. This was corrected and resubmitted to the consulate on the same day of the interview. The Consulate following this called me to fill out form DS-157 which i also completed.

so after my fiance sent email asking about statut of our case they replied that our case is on AP.

why they put me on AP???

bye the way, let me tell you information about free calls, go to this website : www.oovoo.com this is amazing website

Timeline

The 221g is the typical notification that you are in AP. EVERYONE goes through AP, some longer than others. There is really NO WAY to know exactly how long it will take. Just based on my memory of people on this site, I would think the average is b/w 6-8 months. Would everyone else agree with that estimate?

The 221g is the typical notification that you are in AP. EVERYONE goes through AP, some longer than others. There is really NO WAY to know exactly how long it will take. Just based on my memory of people on this site, I would think the average is b/w 6-8 months. Would everyone else agree with that estimate?

Yap, I agree. I'm in the middle of those exact numbers. Anywhos it does not explain the ones the flew through in a few days though...some consistency would be nice.

Timeline

Yap, I agree. I'm in the middle of those exact numbers. Anywhos it does not explain the ones the flew through in a few days though...some consistency would be nice.

A-Freak'in-MEN TO THAT!!!!

The whole immigration system is about as clear as hamar kaka (donkey poo)!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.