timcass_12

Certificate of Employment

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone -

My husband's company doesn't provide a print out or hard copy of their employees Certificate of Employment. Hence, he's unable to provide me with one. He told me that at the time he requested for a copy of his COE, their HR just sent him an email that includes a contact number and company code to which the inquiry on employment verification can be done / requested.

My worry is if the print-out copy of this email will be accepted by USEM if in case they require me to present his COE. Along with this, my husband also sent me a copy of his Compensation Worksheet Management that reflects his immediate manager's name, his designation, the department he's assigned to and his annual compensation with additional details on the benefits he's getting. This is printed out using their company letterhead. I also have here the copies of his W2s from November 2007 to January 2008 plus his ITRs from 2005 - 2007.

Do you think this documents are enough to prove his employment? Your insights on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

timcass_12 :star:

AOS:

07/16/08 - filed AOS application

07/18/08 - received by USCIS

07/22/08 - USCIS mailed our NOA

07/24/08 - touched

07/25/08 - received NOA (AOS, EAD, AP)

07/29/08 - received ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

08/09/08 - biometrics appointment

08/11/08 - I485 and I765 touched

09/17/08 - AP approved

09/19/08 - EAD approved, card already in production

09/24/08 - EAD card received

09/25/08 - SSN application

10/01/08 - received letter re: SSN card delivery in 2 weeks

10/06/08 - SSN Card received

02/17/09 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

ROC:

11/19/10 - Submit requirements for Lifting of Conditions

11/22/10 - NOA1 received

12/22/10 - Biometrics Appointment

02/09/11 - ROC APPROVED!

02/10/11 - Green Card Received

US CITIZENSHIP:

12/19/11 - Submit requirements for US Citizenship

12/22/11 - NOA1 received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a better future."

- Jeremiah 29:11

Hi Everyone -

My husband's company doesn't provide a print out or hard copy of their employees Certificate of Employment. Hence, he's unable to provide me with one. He told me that at the time he requested for a copy of his COE, their HR just sent him an email that includes a contact number and company code to which the inquiry on employment verification can be done / requested.

My worry is if the print-out copy of this email will be accepted by USEM if in case they require me to present his COE. Along with this, my husband also sent me a copy of his Compensation Worksheet Management that reflects his immediate manager's name, his designation, the department he's assigned to and his annual compensation with additional details on the benefits he's getting. This is printed out using their company letterhead. I also have here the copies of his W2s from November 2007 to January 2008 plus his ITRs from 2005 - 2007.

Do you think this documents are enough to prove his employment? Your insights on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

timcass_12 :star:

For me that will be okay. Ronald got his Certificate of Employment In USCIS website coz the company wont give any also. Those things you mentioned are enough evidence that he is really working. Just be familiar with all his information though if in case the consul ask about his employment status. :thumbs: Goodluck.

MY JOURNEY

* March 26,2008- Leave Philippines

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

* March 28,2008 - Arrived Orlando, Florida

* April 02,2008- Apply SSN

* April 18,2008- BRIDAL SHOWER

* April 20,2008- Rcvd my SSN

* April 26,2008- MARRIAGE

* April 28,2008- Rcvd my Marriage Certificate Documents

* April 28,2008- Change my name to my married name SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE

* May 01,2008- Got 2 Bank Accounts

* May 05, 2008- Rcvd my SSN with my married name on it

* May 22,2008- Got 2 Credit Card Accounts approval

* May 23-28,2008- Visit Alabama,Mississippi and Louisiana

7061.gif

* May 31,2008 - Mailed my EAD- I-765

* June 04,2008 - Notice Date Rcvd

* June 09,2008 - NOA arrived (PROBLEM:My first name spelled incorrectly)

* Aug. 02, 2008- Rcvd a USCIS letter that they corrected the typo error

Fast Forward...

FEB 12,2011 - SUBMITTED I-751 APPLICATION TO VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

FEB 22,2011 - RECEIVED NOTICE OF ACTION ON I-751 APPLICATION

I called the NVC Today regarding similar problem

they told me letter of employment or last few pay stubs either one will work

they need it just to verify you are currently employed, that is all what they need

I have noticed this topic come up frequently.

Why is it so problematic for some of these companies to sign a simple letter saying someone is currently working there and has been for such and such time?

What are some reasons people have said they cant provide this? I would assume it would be your right as an employee to get this.

9/2006 Met in Sweden

2/2007 Began Dating in Holland

11/24/2007 Married (nairobi)

Clerk wedding 12/14/2007 (nairobi)

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

3 months 6 days from filing to approval including 221g AP.

maybe they misunderstand us when we ask for proof of employment

some people ask for certificate of employment which is for some companies not available in their computers

and as stupid as they are they say we don't have it grrrr

sometimes they think they so important that everybody has to call them ccccc

they just have to type proof of employment no questions asked.

Thanks everyone for your replies. It's good to know that mine isn't an isolated case and that this is process is also being implemented in other companies other than my husband's firm. Good Luck to all :thumbs:

AOS:

07/16/08 - filed AOS application

07/18/08 - received by USCIS

07/22/08 - USCIS mailed our NOA

07/24/08 - touched

07/25/08 - received NOA (AOS, EAD, AP)

07/29/08 - received ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

08/09/08 - biometrics appointment

08/11/08 - I485 and I765 touched

09/17/08 - AP approved

09/19/08 - EAD approved, card already in production

09/24/08 - EAD card received

09/25/08 - SSN application

10/01/08 - received letter re: SSN card delivery in 2 weeks

10/06/08 - SSN Card received

02/17/09 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

ROC:

11/19/10 - Submit requirements for Lifting of Conditions

11/22/10 - NOA1 received

12/22/10 - Biometrics Appointment

02/09/11 - ROC APPROVED!

02/10/11 - Green Card Received

US CITIZENSHIP:

12/19/11 - Submit requirements for US Citizenship

12/22/11 - NOA1 received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a better future."

- Jeremiah 29:11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.