Pari

visa issued same day?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Egads! Is it true what the VJ Embassy Info page says about Montreal, that they only MAIL you the visa now??? Is it possible to get it sooner? My interview is May 6 and I wanted to leave soon after...

Dudes, what do I do?

Ciao.

Edited by Pari

Timeline

Yes they mail it out!!! A few have managed to come by the next day and get it, BUT they dont normally allow that!! Appears to take up to 2 weeks for delivery, probably a week on average!! They dont always mail it out the next day!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I read somewhere that they don't recommend even making travel plans for two weeks after the interview, in case the visa doesn't show up in the mail :bonk:

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Egads! Is it true what the VJ Embassy Info page says about Montreal, that they only MAIL you the visa now??? Is it possible to get it sooner? My interview is May 6 and I wanted to leave soon after...

Dudes, what do I do?

Ciao.

Don't call me Dude. :lol: Mom attended MTL on December 19 and had the visa in about a week (no mail on Xmas and Boxing Day). Spirit I believe was able to get the visa a bit faster in person but it took two days and she lived in MTL.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Dudes, what do I do?

Ciao.

Only vancouver does it,SAME OR NEXT DAY VISA!!

Not MTL by any chance,thats what VJ says.

glitterfy083201226D34.gifglitterfy083450173D31.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dudes, what do I do?

dude, you wait.

man, same day visas from Montreal ended like 2 years ago? It's been a while now.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Dude? Dont call me dude!! lol Saw the movie 21 last night and that was one of the lines from the movie,lol

Not much one can do but wait, especially if ur flying. hard to say if the consulate follows a logical pattern, ie mail out visas every mon/wed/fri??? Some get them very fast, others not soo lucky!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I think it is up to the CO that does your interview. My Husband went for his interview on February 19th and the CO told him he could pick it up the next day if he was staying in Montreal overnight (he wasn't as he was flying back that same day).

Anyway, sure can't hurt to ask, however I wouldn't plan on it as others have mentioned.

Good luck :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Dudes, what do I do?

dude, you wait.

man, same day visas from Montreal ended like 2 years ago? It's been a while now.

3 years ago..

I think I was one of the last people at least on VJ to get a same day visa and that was back in March 2005... i actually was surprised to get it the same day because there were rumours that they didn't do it anymore.... I was in and out of there before noon with visa in hand... :o

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dudes, what do I do?

dude, you wait.

3 years ago..

I think I was one of the last people at least on VJ to get a same day visa and that was back in March 2005... i actually was surprised to get it the same day because there were rumours that they didn't do it anymore.... I was in and out of there before noon with visa in hand... :o

yeah, I knew it was some time after I went through Montreal, couldn't remember if it was 2005 or 6. Man, my memory sucks! :P

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.