VetsWife328

Missing Documents 4 Interview in Frankfurt

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok so now I got the Packet 4 from Frankfurt today,which is cool,but whats not cool is that the Interview appointment is in only 10 days!!!!!!!!

James didnt send ANY papers to me yet since he's still waiting for the letter from his company which apparently is a real pain to get since he works as a contractor at another Company and the only one from the Company he's hired with that could write up that letter is extremly lazy and hard to get a hold of.

We had no earthly idea that the Interview would be THIS quick..........regarding to VJ they give you AT LEAST 3 weeks from receiving Packet 4 to the Interview...........

So even if James sends me all the stuff he does have TODAY via express we will still be missing document.

Can that Employers Letter be faxed to me?? Also can the Bank stuff be faxed?? Can anything be faxed that doesnt have to be a certified copy???????

I know Divorce Decree,Letter of Intent, I 134,Pay Stubs and Birt Certificate CAN NOT be faxed but what about the other stuff????

Please help

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow Nat, that is fast indeed - interview in only 10 days.

I think I had 4-5 weeks from sending the checklist to the embassy to the actual interview date. But then again, why did you send that list in to them if you have none of the needed documents in hand yet?

Anyways, some of the documents can be faxed (or emailed and then printed), like the bank statements and stuff (we did that, print them out from online), maybe even the employers letter. Guess it depends on the case and consul.

Go ahead and try!

Have him mail off everything he has on hand (divorce decree, I-134 and supporting documents, letter of intend etc.) immediately via express mail, have him fax or email the employers letter to you as soon as he has them and go to the interview. If there is something they want to see the original of, they will simply put your case on hold until you provide the missing documents. They will not deny you! A case on hold for a week or two is better than trying to reschedule the appointment.

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you Liebi !

The reson I sent in the Checklist was because I had asked him if he would get the papers ready in time given the estimated waiting period of 3-4 weeks..........Trust me would I have known that my Interview would be THIS quick after returning Packet 3 I would have held on to it...........Unfortunatley James is EXTREMLY bad with papers and his supervisor is really giving him the run around.That guy is lazy and in my eyes has no business being in charge of all them Plane Techs guys working there at the Goodrich hangars.............But hey that's just my personal opinion.

Anyways,thanks for giving me a bit of hope here!

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

do what liebi told you, thats the only way you can deal with it right now. i doubt that they would reschedule your appointment cause it has to be something urgent.... not having all the docs is indeed urgent but the embassy tells you not to send the checklist before you have all the docs.

you cant change it so try and get it done like liebi said.

i know excatly what you mean with "extremely bad with papers"...... my husband is/was the same way! thats why i had to wait for a whole months after receiving packet 3 to send out the checklist......

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P Diana

1982 - 2008

K1 Timeline

01/13/2007 Sent I-129F to TSC

05/03/2007 Petition approved!!!

08/23/2007 INTERVIEW

09/12/2007 Frankfurt - JFK - Baltimore, MD

09//28/2007 applied for SSN

10/16/2007 CIVIL MARRIAGE

10/31/2007 SS Card finally arrived

AOS Timeline

11/13/2007 sent AOS package with AP and EAD

12/19/2007 biometrics in baltimore

01/09/2008 AOS transferred to CSC

01/12/2008 CEREMONY & RECEPTION

01/16/2008 EAD and AP in mail

02/14/2008 card production ordered, approved without interview

02/22/2008 GREEN CARD in mail

I751 Timeline

11/19/2009 sent I751 to VSC

11/21/2009 received at VSC

11/24/2009 check cashed

11/30/2009 received NOA dated 11/23/09

12/15/2009 early bio walk-in failed....

12/16/2009 request to reschedule sent

01/04/2010 biometrics in baltimore being rescheduled

01/20/2010 new biometrics

03/24/2010 card production ordered, approved without interview

03/29/2010 10 year GC in mail

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Even if a paper is missing you can still go to the interview. My medical results hadn't come in when I had my interview (since I had the medical one day before the interview and also in Munich) and all I got was a green paper stating, what was missing and that I will get the visa once those papers were in. As soon as you have all the documents from your fiance, I would send them express to the consulate and you'll get your visa. do print out everything that you can online though. Maybe it'll help your case. Don't reschedule, that will delay things by weeks. Good luck.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Sorry Nat, I didn't mean to upset you with what I said about sending the checklist in and having none of the documents ready. I was just wondering. But I can totally refer to what you said James not being able to handle paperwork at all. Got one of those myself ;)

I solved the problem by having him come to Germany shortly before the interview and bring a whole folder of documents with him, I then picked out the ones I needed.

But back to your interview: I really think that you will be ok if you can provide all the other documents. If it is the employer letter and the bank documents only that you will have with you as copies or printouts you should be fine. And like I said above, if the consul tells you that they can't process the case until they receive the originial of any of the documents, it will be on hold, it will not be a denial and as soon as they get what they need they will put everything together, approve you and mail your visa.

Take a deep breath and go for it - you are almost there!

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.