harakiro

Birth certificate for Benificary?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am just starting the K-1 Process and was wondering what the Benificary will need oustide of what has been stated in the guide?

I see no mention of the police reports, or birth certificates of the benificary? My concern is that it could take her a long time to get a birth certificate if needed to prove who she is so I want to get this ball rolling asap.

Thanks,

Jesse

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

These are asked for in packet 3 which your fiancee will get once your petition is approved. If you know it will take some time, I would suggest she get on it right away.

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes I understand that. My question is about the birth certificate.

In canada they have several different kinds of birth certificates. She has only the small certificate. Is this acceptable or will she need to get another.

http://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/births/certificate.html

Thanks,

Jesse

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Yes I understand that. My question is about the birth certificate.

In canada they have several different kinds of birth certificates. She has only the small certificate. Is this acceptable or will she need to get another.

http://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/births/certificate.html

Thanks,

Jesse

Nope, the long form one is what the consulate will need.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3531.html

Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates

Births, marrriages, and deaths are registered in the Canadian provinces or territory in which they took place. Though each province or territory issues its own certificates for these events, there are a few basic formats for them across Canada:

• The "small" or "short form" certificate is a computer-printed, limited extract of information from provincial records. It is a wallet-sized card, 9.5 x 6.4 cm or 2.5 x 3.75in (Speciman from British Columbia). Short-form or small certificates are not acceptable for visa purposes because they do not contain enough identification information, such as parents' names.

• The "large" or "full-size" certificate is a computer-printed extract of information from provincial records. It is printed on currency-style paper stock, 21.6 x 17.8 cm or 7 x 8.25 in., with an intaglio border (Speciman from British Columbia).

• A "certified copy of a record" is an exact or near-exact copy of the actual paper record in the provincial archives. It is printed on safety paper, usually 21.5 x 28 cm or 8.5 x 14in., and bears the province or territory's raised seal. This type of certificate, being a complete record rather than an extract, contains the most information about the event.

• A "commemorative" certificate is a decorative document intended for display (Speciman from Manitoba). Commemorative certificates are not considered legal documents in Canada and are not acceptable for visa purposes.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.