Steve and Amara

HPV testing

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

HI guys.

So I have heard that the medical is not needed until the AOS.

I have also heard that the medical also requires testing for HPV (forms of Sexually transmitted diseases etc).

If you are diagnosed with a HPV and it is shown on your medical do you run the risk of not having the AOS not granted?

:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You need to have the medical done for a K1 visa as well as a medical for AOS. The thing with a K1 visa is that in some countries you may not need to have the vaccinations done in order to get the visa. If that's the case, then you get the vaccinations done at AOS.

I haven't heard of them testing for HPV. I've only heard of them testing for HIV. It wouldn't make sense to test for HPV. There are so many people out there who have it, men and women alike. Double check with your consulate, but I'm pretty sure it's HIV and Tuberculosis only, not HPV.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline
You need to have the medical done for a K1 visa as well as a medical for AOS. The thing with a K1 visa is that in some countries you may not need to have the vaccinations done in order to get the visa. If that's the case, then you get the vaccinations done at AOS.

I haven't heard of them testing for HPV. I've only heard of them testing for HIV. It wouldn't make sense to test for HPV. There are so many people out there who have it, men and women alike. Double check with your consulate, but I'm pretty sure it's HIV and Tuberculosis only, not HPV.

Nope, just checked the US website, and HPV is tested for.

Refer to: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html

:angry:

Timeline

Yes, but that just means that you need to have the HPV vaccine if you're under 26 years of age, not that they're going to test to see if you have HPV. As far as I know that's not a very common test. (Yet. I'm sure it will be someday soon as it's a common disease.)

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

Timeline

okay, understood :)

I need my medical done for the K1, however, depending on origin country some vaccinations can be done in the US.

Luckily for me all vaccinations are done, its just a matter of tracking down the records by the friendly GP, (including HPV, as its free in Australia, for women under 27)

Sadly for me I am still am unsure what happens if th medical shows you have HSP2 (gential herpes)

Timeline

Yup as far as I understand it, no problem. As to the HSP2, I don't believe that it's one of the conditions that prohibits entry to the US. As you've said, it's a treatable illness that doesn't usually lead to debilitation or death like HIV or ALS. It won't incapacitate you to the point where you can't work and are a drain on the system. I think, as I understand it, that is what they're looking for when they're looking for medical conditions.

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

HPV is not part of the medical test.

I think syphillis, gonorrhea, HIV, Hepatitis and TB are the biggies they worry about.

Since HPV is already common in the US and considered a widespread problem, I doubt this is something the government is trying to prevent from getting a foothold in the USA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think syphillis, gonorrhea, HIV, Hepatitis and TB are the biggies they worry about.

Since HPV is already common in the US and considered a widespread problem, I doubt this is something the government is trying to prevent from getting a foothold in the USA.

HPV is not part of the medical testing.

HPV is a required vaccine (newly added to the list this year - ugh!) for woman under the age of 27. THe vaccine is given in a series of 3 seperate shots spaced out ove time.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would doubt they would reject bast on testing positive for HPV. Almost everyone has had one form of HPV at some point in their life. While their are STD strains or it, there's plenty of non HPV strains too. Kinda like Herpes, where the same type of virus causes chickenpocks, cold sores, shingles, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HPV is not part of the medical testing.

HPV is a required vaccine (newly added to the list this year - ugh!) for woman under the age of 27. THe vaccine is given in a series of 3 seperate shots spaced out ove time.

Warm Regards,

Samby

As the OP asked, and I stated already above.. HPV IS NOT PART OF THE MEDICAL TESTING.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.