42 posts in this topic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

....very good....and can I interest you in an AOS for just $1 more today only???

Next week's special... Green cards in just an hour! :lol:

timeline.jpg

rebeccajo & Kim you both cracked me up0b2.gif

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm sorry you're disappointed with our services.

For the inconvenience we're offering free airfare and green cards to your entire family... and all their friends! ;)

If your wait is more than an hour we will also pay your taxes for life! We want your business!

timeline.jpg

Meanwhile...

filecat-is-pending.jpg

edit: sorry, im a sucker with those lolcats lol

Edited by svache

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

It's ok to rant and to vent your frustrations, cuss the system and the government but when you let those frustrations take hold of you completely and when you take out those frustrations on others whose only crime is they were approved earlier and faster than you, i think that is totally wrong. Wouldn't you be celebrating if you switched places with a filer who got quick approval? Would you even give a thought to others still waiting from 2007? Or to others who are in for a longer wait?

hehehe...I do that a lot! And I tease some VSCers (especially the ones I've chatted with in the past) because I'm *JEALOUS*, but it isn't their fault they got approved quickly. I'm not angry at them, I'm angry at the system (and I tease...a lot...it's how you know I like you). Something tells me that if you got your NOA2 tomorrow, you wouldn't hand it back just because of the (LONG) list of CSC and VSC filers who filed before you and haven't gotten theirs yet.

Although I will demand that mine come with a side salad instead of fries...I'm going to be a bride! I need to eat healthy here! (You guys gave me a much needed giggle this morning.)

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
To all the party-ers:

There are many many many of us, both lagging at VSC and regulars at CSC who are downright cheesed at all the happy jumping around. Thanks for rubbing your good fortune in our faces.

Sorry to burst your bubbles but thats how I FEEL. As do probably many others do, but don't step up and say it.

I won't be back. Thanks for all of your "support"

I hate to see stuff like this.

I'm sorry for your frustrations. I do remember them.

Jealousy at the fact that others are approved faster, beyond anyone's control really, is the wrong reason to be angry at them. They deserve to be happy, just as you will one day.

I hope you get over yourself and learn to be civil again.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well after all I am going to give a BIG THANK you to Chris, even if i disapprove his comment and jealousy, he started a thread that gave me a good laugh :rofl:

(F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

It's ok to rant and to vent your frustrations, cuss the system and the government but when you let those frustrations take hold of you completely and when you take out those frustrations on others whose only crime is they were approved earlier and faster than you, i think that is totally wrong. Wouldn't you be celebrating if you switched places with a filer who got quick approval? Would you even give a thought to others still waiting from 2007? Or to others who are in for a longer wait?

hehehe...I do that a lot! And I tease some VSCers (especially the ones I've chatted with in the past) because I'm *JEALOUS*, but it isn't their fault they got approved quickly. I'm not angry at them, I'm angry at the system (and I tease...a lot...it's how you know I like you). Something tells me that if you got your NOA2 tomorrow, you wouldn't hand it back just because of the (LONG) list of CSC and VSC filers who filed before you and haven't gotten theirs yet.

Oh hell yeah - I read the posts entitled "APPROVED AT LAST!!!!!111!!!1" and read them to find out that this particular VSC-er has been stressing because they've been waiting for 40 days when everyone else is getting approved in less than a month... I really want to scream - especially after my NOA2 took over 150 days and there are plenty of others who took longer.

But you're right, it's not their fault - if I were in their situation I am sure I would feel the same (all the while telling myself that even though I have been wating longer than fellow VSC-ers, at least I am not filing through CSC :lol: ) and sure - it's frustrating to know that a lot of my plans (made before I found this place :blush: ) had to change due to the June/July backlog last year - a NOA2 in a month would have been awesome! But you live and you learn and it's just the luck of the draw. It doesn't detract from my relationship - in fact I think it has helped us appreciate it more and even though it is bittersweet I wouldn't change how things have worked out for anything :)

So sure - it's a bit annoying when you are on the other side of the fence, but why take it out on people who are merely happy? Damn... I better not take a call from my mum this New Year's Eve - how dare she celebrate and call me eight hours before we get to celebrate!? :lol:

Well after all I am going to give a BIG THANK you to Chris, even if i disapprove his comment and jealousy, he started a thread that gave me a good laugh :rofl:

(F)

Better not - he might take it as an insult that you are happy...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do I get jealous each time I see someone who is farther along than me? nope. I imagine that it's me and how I would feel to have that happen. Passing the medical, passing the interview, Visa in hand, traveling back to the US together. Each of those thoughts are so exciting to me, how can I marginalize someone else's joy for being able to experience them? I really cannot. To the OP I say, I'm sorry that you feel that way, but many of us have waited while others who filed after us got approved. Such is life. It's like going to the post office, no matter what line you get in, it will be the slowest one.

Many Americans have a sense of entitlement. It's sometimes referred to as "keeping up with the Joneses." Because someone else has something right now, we think, "Why don't I have that?" In these cases it really makes me think of Veruca Salt in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory "I want a Golden Ticket. I want it now." What we all have to realize that the time that we receive our approvals is the right time, and the only time it could have happened. I don't know the OP's personal beliefs, but I believe that mine and Riza's journey was scripted by God. We could pray and plot and plan for things to go in the immediate, but God will watch over us and shepherd us to our approval in His time, because it is the right time. Through all of our time apart we have learned patience, why waste all of that patience by being mad because someone else happened to get their heart's desire? God will see you through, just rely upon Him, and trust in Him.

-Ryan

Edited by RyaNRiza

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

In these cases it really makes me think of Veruca Salt in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory "I want a Golden Ticket. I want it now."

Absolutely nothing to do with the rest of this thread at all...but I love it when people reference random movies like that! I just quoted Veruca Salt the other day at lunch with some friends (there was something I wanted, so I started singing her song).

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
To all the party-ers:

There are many many many of us, both lagging at VSC and regulars at CSC who are downright cheesed at all the happy jumping around. Thanks for rubbing your good fortune in our faces.

Sorry to burst your bubbles but thats how I FEEL. As do probably many others do, but don't step up and say it.

Next time fill out your timeline and maybe we might have some sympathy.

Good luck waiting out the rest of your process. You'll need it if youre bursting a vein over some celebratory posts on a website.

I will bet your process is faster than alot were last year. You dont see anyone poo-pooing the fast NOA2s now.

Every approval is one step closer to yours being approved, regardless who sent in when. Life isnt fair, deal with it.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Do you know what support is?

People like

- estadia who congratulate every single person going through the process even though they have been waiting for a freaking long time to get their approval.

- Kim who, even though they have not filed, are around to share in the highs and lows of the journey

- those in MENA who go through hellish APs and still, have the wits about them to help anyone else any way they can

- those who have been around here for ages helping everyone navigate through the muck that is USCIS

- those who have a hard time with the waiting and post their frustrations and get all kinds of love and support to keep them sane.

To all the party-ers:

This ^^ is NOT SUPPORT.

There have been plenty of thread damning USCIS to hell. But EVERYONE understands that people who get approved faster are just LUCKY. Ranting and raving that people should stop celebrating is ridiculous.

When I filed in May, there was basically nothing coming out of VSC. Even so, when someone posted that oh so glorious "APPROVED" post, there was so much jubilation you had NO IDEA who had gotten approved. Seeing those approved posts lets you know that SOMETHING is happening at the sevice centers. Would you rather sit and wonder at what is going on? I think not.

Take your bad attitude somewhere else.

To everyone else: sorry, I just had to get it out.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.